Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Came across a nasty Z06

Old 11-03-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Came across a nasty Z06

Not a kill but, tonight while dropping off my car to get my throw out bearing replaced, I came across the sweetest Z06 I've personally seen. It pulled out in front of me and as I approached I noticed the flames. It was white with blueish flames but only a few around the fender wells and front bumper. I gave a rev and he replied. It appeared all he had was exhaust. I was thinking to myself this guy is in for a surprise....

Well with the cars on the street there was no chance for a run. I did run through second and so did he. Now for the real surprise....as he came up beside me I thought I heard a blower. We hit a light and I asked if that was a whistle I heard. He said yeah, maybe a small one, lol. After talking with him he informs me he has a 383 with a procharger. I couldn't hear a cam so I'm not sure how aggressive his setup was but regardless, he did it right. His car looked great and had plenty of power
Old 11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah you have to watch out for those cars they can be made into easy sleepers even though they are vette's and they should never be associated with that word.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
Yeah you have to watch out for those cars they can be made into easy sleepers even though they are vette's and they should never be associated with that word.

By that defination my sisters 93 4 banger Camry could be a sleeper.

Any car can be a sleeper man, I would have picked something better than a Corvette as a description of one.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

where were you at?? there was a white one in baytown with i thought a small amount of black (could be dark blue maybe) flames. i knew he had a nice cam in it before and it's down the street from my friend but has been outside with the hood up a few times lately but mostly either gone or in the garage.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

Most likely the same one considering I live in La Porte. I was on Spencer Hwy heading towards Pasadena.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

Man I dont get to meet anyone on the streets like you'll do. That sucks for me. I have a torn ACL on my left leg, so my dad has been driving my car. He even got a race on the street, (my dad really doesnt like drag racing) <---- thats what he says. Stop at a light and he took off on a black Z28 with a nice exhaust. What kind of bad luck do I have??? But man i think you'll are lucky. But take care, cause on the street nothing is never safe.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Teching In

I think he still lives in Clear Lake, nice car.

I see him on Egret bay off Nasa Rd all the time. That Z06 is tough looking and soundslike a beast.

I know your car can run so that would be a nice race.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RED.MACH
I think he still lives in Clear Lake, nice car.

I see him on Egret bay off Nasa Rd all the time. That Z06 is tough looking and soundslike a beast.

I know your car can run so that would be a nice race.

Honestly it was the first car I've encountered where I thouhgt I was actually gonna lose.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Teching In

That silver Vette 'vert with the MTI stroker is a bad boy. That car runs strong.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RED.MACH
That silver Vette 'vert with the MTI stroker is a bad boy. That car runs strong.

Do you mean the pewter one in La Porte? I've ran him twice and won. The first time I was on a single fogger with my old motor and after a couple of gears my intake exploded, lol. He was nice enough to follow me home.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Be weary of the vette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
By that defination my sisters 93 4 banger Camry could be a sleeper.

Any car can be a sleeper man, I would have picked something better than a Corvette as a description of one.
not really. I mean who in their right mind thinks Corvettes are slow.

A sleeper would be a car that is fast when you wouldn't expect it to be. Often something bland and mundane. If you think a Corvette fits this decription then ho hum....
Old 11-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone who can afford a vette(newish) and gets it in their blood to modify it beyond a bra and Volant intake is likely to drop some serious $$. Be ware the results.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Yeah that pewter vette is fast, he schooled me one day while I was in my Mach 1.

Search this Thread