Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another dumb EVO driver..

Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another dumb EVO driver..

Before I start my little story, let me just set the record. I like evos, I really do. Neat cars with tons of potential. I don't like most of their drivers

I was coming up to Bailey Rd. It's a long windy road through the hills. I got onto it and this Silver evo with some guy in his mid-40s is riding my ***. He stays right there so I think to myself "**** this guy" and just pass the person in front of me hoping he would just tailgate him instead.

Nope, Mr. Evo gets back on my *** after passing the dumbfounded dude in the focus.

Okay whatever... he rides my *** for about 10 more minutes until we get to the freeway onramp on the other side of the hill. I go to get on the freeway and am wondering if he wants some, so I move to the outside lane. The freeway onramp is a loooong sweeping turn to the left that straightens out to the right.

He pulls to the inside lane and I hammer it in first. The tires slip for a sec, then hook and I pull him. I can hear him flooring his car. I pull about half a car length and it's time to shift. She taps the limiter once and goes into second. Damn 4.10 gears messing my shift points.

I pull another half car length, so he's about a full car behind me now and we're getting onto the freeway. She goes to shift into third and *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* she beats herself off the limiter. Oh well I say and shut down. Thank god it's getting dyno tuned this week.

I pull into the fast lane and get behind a truck doing about 70 mph. EVO boy is still on my ***. WTF I'm thinking to myself. He gets a space next to me and does a beautiful ricer-flyby complete with the thumbs down.

But I think what pissed me off the most, was that when he turned to pull out behind me I saw his two kids in the backseat in my rearview mirror, not older than 10!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If yer gonna race, i dont think you should do it with anyone too young to understand the consequences in the car. And you should ask whoever is in the car if its ok, if they are old enough to understand the situation. THat is just pure **** with him being a dick with 2 kids in the back.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

good kill.

But one question.....or statement...

Noway you heard the Evo floor it over a gutted str8 piped v8 exhaust floored (Evos are far from loud).

But he was a tool for stickin' to your bumper like that...that drives me CRAZY
Old 11-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Teching In

The dude in the Evo sounds like a major dick. Especally with 2 young kids in the back, and on curved roads?? What was that guy thinking? Some time i just don't get people. He was willing to risk his kids life to "try" and prove a point, which he obvisouly didn't. Well besides all that, good kill.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeahh that is pretty dumb, you shouldnt be doing that **** with kids in the car, god sometimes people just dont use common sence..
Old 11-08-2005, 10:50 AM
STF Veteran

dude in the evo is a jack ***....i will never race with my kids when i have them
Old 11-08-2005, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigKevC5
good kill.

But one question.....or statement...

Noway you heard the Evo floor it over a gutted str8 piped v8 exhaust floored (Evos are far from loud).

But he was a tool for stickin' to your bumper like that...that drives me CRAZY
He had a loud exhaust, but im pretty sure all he had was a catback. I'm only putting 300 to the ground, I'm sure if he's done a full turbo back and some other things he could have beat me. But nonetheless, it was difficult to hear through my exhaust, and he actually got in his a half second before I hit mine since I was going through the outside turn and didn't want to spin her *** end around
Old 11-08-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

In the this particular case, (NOT knowing the kids were in the back seat) I would have hit the breaks....if he hits me, he is at fault and paying for the damages.....
Old 11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
In the this particular case, (NOT knowing the kids were in the back seat) I would have hit the breaks....if he hits me, he is at fault and paying for the damages.....

thats how big accidents start on freeways.
gj
Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah that is definitely stupid. When I have my niece with me in the car I drive like an old lady, no way in hell im gonna risk a kids life over trying to prove something, whatever he was trying to prove.

What I find weird is hes doing it at that age, I could see if it was some teenager, but you figure a dad would be more responsible. I know I would.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44

I pull into the fast lane and get behind a truck doing about 70 mph. EVO boy is still on my ***. WTF I'm thinking to myself. He gets a space next to me and does a beautiful ricer-flyby complete with the thumbs down.
some people just get off on pissing people off. and the thumbs down....it give him the last 'feel good' even though he got beat....

i would laugh if it was obvious someone was being an idiot (thumbs down thing...) especially b/c he got beat.

as for the riding the bumper, i couldn't have tolerated that for that long. i'd either slow to make them pass or break a little...
Old 11-08-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh wow, Bailey Road? damn dude, im suprised you guys had enough room to pass that car. I live in Concord and its a pretty fun road to drive when there are no cars on it. I agree with everyone, that guy was hella dumb to be doin that with those kids in the car. By the way.... have you ever raced a black 99 SS with a red hood scoop? It had like 3 people in the car and the ttops were off.... it was over by De La Salle High School... your car looks really familiar and im almost POSITIVE i raced you at night... it was pretty recent.

Search this Thread