Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Mustang GT Vs Roadmonster

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 03 Mustang GT Vs Roadmonster

I've forgotten how many times I've raced this kid, but I don't know why he just doens't give up. The only time he's ever beaten me was when I was running my winter (235/70/15) tires this summer while waiting to get new tires for my SS rims.

Well anyways the kid owns a 2003 Mustang GT, with short throw, K&N drop in and hacked off exhaust replaced with glass packs and dumps after cats. His best time at the local strip was a 14.2x on street tires. (2.1 60ft times on KDWS) He had even put on a set of hoosier 980s in attempts to beat me that day and ended up going even slower.

I happened to run into him tonight while I was cruising through town. He sees me and I pulled over to talk to him. We get to talking and he's claiming he did some high Hp mod to his car and wants to race me. While it's only 40 degrees outside, I know that most good street tires don't stick to cold pavement. I told him let's go, and we'll do it from a dig. We went to a nice straight away, checked for cops and cars, and got turned around to go. I cleaned off the tires (had a bunch of dirt on them from because the part of the road had dirt all over it) with a quick wot blast from a 5mph roll and lined up with him.

He told me to give the 3 honks. So I brake stalled the car to 1000rpm and started the count down. When the 3rd honk came, He tried to pop outta the hole, and I just eased into the throttle keeping the wheelspin under control until I gotta outta first gear. At 100mph I shut down and had roughly 2.5-3 car lengths on him.

I get back into town and talked to him, and I asked him what he did to his car since the last time I raced him at the strip. I had a feeling he had done nothing, and I was right. I guess after racing him a few times and even beating him at the track still isn't enough to prove to this kid until he mods that car more he stands no chance against the roadmonster

Matt
Old 11-20-2005, 01:28 AM
11 Second Club

NIce killllllllssssss. I'm having the same issue with a WRX...he keeps trying and keeps losing.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

with those times in your sig it's going to take a fairly mean WRX to keep up with you..

Matt