Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some people just don't know when to give up...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some people just don't know when to give up...

Ok so everday pyschology this kid sits a couple seats away from me and talks about his "boosted civic" and i usually think nothing of it and sit and laugh at his stories that he tells all his ignorant freinds that belive him. Well last week i believe it was thursday he came in and said to me i saw you pull into the parking lot today you have a decent car. I replied with a simple "thanks" he then proceded to say that i should shot some NAWWWS in that thing. I laughed. He then went about telling his freind how he beat a 05 corvette and i finally turned around and called BS on him and said lets line up our cars after school and race...Trying to look like a hardass in front of his freind he said yea sure ill beat you no problem... So when we lined up he gave it three honks and HE LAUNCHED ON THE 2ND HONK and so i went and ended up putting 2 1/2 cars on him before i shut down and then he claimed he had a bad hookup and said he doesnt have enough gas to do it again and beat my *** lol
Old 11-24-2005, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a real TOOL!
I am surprised he actually raced you.

I recommend you sit somewhere else in class so you don't have to hear the stupidity that comes with all his way impressive stories.

Nice kill.

Dave
Old 11-24-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Boosted? So there's nitrous and F/I on it? Or does he just think that nitrous and boost are one in the same? Either way good kill keep em in line.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by King02SS
Boosted? So there's nitrous and F/I on it? Or does he just think that nitrous and boost are one in the same? Either way good kill keep em in line.

I asked the same question and he said no theres no nitrous its turbochraged and the funny thing is i heard no turbo spool at all
Old 11-24-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96ws6cam
I asked the same question and he said no theres no nitrous its turbochraged and the funny thing is i heard no turbo spool at all
I've seen many a ricer that actually believes that Vtec is a kind of turbocharger. They honestly have no idea what a turbo actually is, or for that matter what vtec is.

Nice kill, although i would have punched him in the face after he made that comment.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh so by gas he meant he's out of gasoline? That almost makes sense.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

heard this some where:

Never agrue with an idiot, they will take you down to their level and beat you at their own game
Old 11-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Yeah i hate those guys always talking **** about v8s. Theres this guy in school with a prelude and his homeboy has this crappy *** integra. Well yeah he was talking **** about my homeboys truck in school. I got up from seat and i took seat next to him and I was listening to all the bullshit he said. Those guys just cause they read some import mag they think they know **** about cars. Well yeah then i told him "hey is that green prelude yours?" and he said "yeah". I told him that car sounds like it runs, i wanted to laugh so bad, then i told him "hey lets run it with my homeboys truck and he laughed and said alright". Then after school we waited for him in the parking lot, and he said "Yall ready". Then he got next to us and we stoped in the third honk we took off and my homeboy was just flooring and letting go all over again, we left that guy so bad. Then the next day after school he was in a redlight in the corner of the school acting all cool and we got next to him and my friend started revving the engine. He didnt do nothing. We have been clowing on his car since then and on that little integra.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Banned

Teach those ricers a lesson there's plenty of them around here too!!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Reminds of a few weeks ago when I was waiting in line at Taco Bell inside. Two guys pulled up in a plumber's van and walked in, they were behind me in the line. One of them was talkin' all sorts of crap about how VTEC is the coolest thing and how the cam suddenly "becomes" more aggressive at high RPMs. I doubt he even knew that there are two cams in those things.......ignorance is bliss for these buttfags. I could go on and on about all his so-called knowledge of cars, but we've all heard it a hundred times.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Comparitively speaking, the Honda VTEC is a cool motor/motors. They run strong (for what they are) and return good mileage, are dependable, and they make the most with what they've got. The Ford Triton is using a form of variable valve timing also and it have boosted performance and fuel economy. Lots of V-8s are now using 4 cylinder tech to improve themselves.

It is not the VTEC's fault they ignorant ricers run their mouths.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ghostriderr
Comparitively speaking, the Honda VTEC is a cool motor/motors. They run strong (for what they are) and return good mileage, are dependable, and they make the most with what they've got. The Ford Triton is using a form of variable valve timing also and it have boosted performance and fuel economy. Lots of V-8s are now using 4 cylinder tech to improve themselves.

It is not the VTEC's fault they ignorant ricers run their mouths.
VTECs not making new amazing hidden power it's just hiding the power that normally would be there to provide reliability and gas mileage when you're not pinning the rpm guage to the redline. To me that's not too exciting. I haven't had any problems with 300+hp small blocks breaking down before 100k miles in the past. My last big block lasted 300k miles before I sold it and as far as I know its still running. All the four cylinders I drove without VTEC held up just fine as well. Maybe I'm missing something but reliability in the engine has never seemed to be a horrible trying issue for me. If it aint broke don't fix it. They should try making power not making people think they're getting power by robbing it from them off the line. I like technology as much as the next guy but I guess I just don't see what's so exciting about that little innovation. Nothing against Honda but maybe if they came up with a way to make 15:1 compression and run 87 octane I'd look twice. Before someone brings up the OHC BS they take so much credit for, Ford was doing that in the 1940s before Honda was even a thought. So amazing performance innovations from Honda cars? Hardly. Oh and on the main post here again what's with these kids never having gas? They supposedly get 30-40mpg and they can afford a turbo kit but not a tank of gas?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

No comment:

Old 11-25-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

vtec's not anything amazing on its own, it's just the way it has been over hyped. People think it's the best invention ever and i'm really not sure how that happened. was in the vtec emblems?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
vtec's not anything amazing on its own, it's just the way it has been over hyped. People think it's the best invention ever and i'm really not sure how that happened. was in the vtec emblems?
It must be the emblem. I have a friend with a Honda civic that has a new air filter, new exhaust, and a VTEC motor. He claims that it can kill a Z28. I asked him why and his response was, "It's a VTEC."
Old 11-25-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ActionJack
No comment:

LMFAO!!!!!1

I would thank him every ricer out there makes my little honda that much a sleeper, when a fellow Fbody owner looks under my hood counts 4 pistons no F/I of any sort and still wonders what happens.

Sillyness goes both ways but 99.9995% of it is in honda owners uggh.

I still need to line my z28 and my hatch up I've only run hatch vs a stock auto LS1 vert from a roll and held about 2 cars.

Good kill though
Old 11-25-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

many companies have their version of v-tec, toyota's vvti, audi, bmw, the Cavaliers i believe had some variable cam timing as well.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Excal
many companies have their version of v-tec, toyota's vvti, audi, bmw, the Cavaliers i believe had some variable cam timing as well.
yes they have ecotec chevys VVT

BTW on the topic of VVT the impala now has a pushrod VVT motor first of its kind!

Hondas VTEC has been replaced with I-VTEC quite a step up but doesn't sound as mean or give the hard X over alot of owners hype up. But also thats a good thing the K series is alot more linear in power

<-- ls1 and honda geek
Old 11-25-2005, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

well say what you want about them, but the last Import vs US muscle race i went to at E-town, EVERY one that broke was a freakin Import, holding things up for several 20-30 minute stoppage. So maybe you can make a VTEC go fast, but it doesnt seem they hold up too well.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mcamp001
well say what you want about them, but the last Import vs US muscle race i went to at E-town, EVERY one that broke was a freakin Import, holding things up for several 20-30 minute stoppage. So maybe you can make a VTEC go fast, but it doesnt seem they hold up too well.
Exactly. It's weird how 4cyl cars in stock form can survive practically forever, but once you get above 200hp, a 4cyl platform suddenly looses reliability.