Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99z vs. 98z

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99z vs. 98z

this race has been a long time coming. the other day after eating lunch we were on our way to our cars and my friend says to me, you wanna run em? i said sure i've been wanting to do this for a while. so we pull out onto front st. and line up at 20 mph. he honks three times and we both mash the gas. we were dead even most of the way through the race. we ran them up to about 100 and at the end it was too close to call. he said he was spinning through first and most of second, but i was too busy concentrating to tell. we didn't have time to run them again that day, but we'll go again this spring at maple grove. his performance mods are ls6 intake, ls6 heads, ls6 cam, slp lid, spec 2 ram clutch, and borla catback. my mods are in sig.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Being that he had cam and head work (I assume a tune as well) nice kill on your part. IMO even if you tied you won since IMO he had the car that should have pulled on yours.

Anyone else?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd agree with Action Jack, except you didn't really win in any sense. Sure, you deserve credit for tying him when it shoulda been a loss, but

tie =/= win.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

i agree he should have pulled me by a couple cars, and i was glad just to be able to stay beside him.