Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Near Death of my little Firehawk

Old 11-28-2005, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Near Death of my little Firehawk

Realize this isn't a street race/kill story, but I have to tell this because it was the near death of my little Firehawk. Today, I was driving back to the office after a lunch meeting. I was in the far right hand lane of Westheimer (I would never mention this street if I were describing a race), and some idiot driving the other direction makes a U-turn across all 5 lanes at the very last minute. I was driving about 45 to 50 mph. Literally, it was like all of the sudden, there is a 1986 Cutlass practically stopped right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard! Tires chirped and then anti-lock kicks in. The idiot in front of me could not have been going 5 mph. I heard the hit and felt the bump. My heart sank. I then looked up and saw the car in front me, we were both still going forward. I looked at thier bumper and did not see any damage to the chrome. I stayed behind the car to see if they were going to pull over to exchange information. We went down the road a bit, they gave the friendly "I screwed up wave" and then turned right. I drove down a bit more and then pulled over into a parking lot to check my damage. I expected a cracked hood, front fascia and much worse. All I could find was the upright part of their bumper imprint in my front cover where the plate would normally go. I looked up and thanked the Lord. It could have been a lot worse. I still do not know how the front end of my car is not completely demolished. I am very glad I am not one of the 85% of Texans that carries a hand gun. I would have shot the idiot. I have not been in a car accident that was my fault in over 15 years. I plan to keep it that way.

All I can say is, It's a crazy time of year and there are a lot of idiots out there. Everyone, please be extremely careful. I love cars way too much to hear about the "death" of anyones car because of any reason.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it is a SICK feeling to hear your car get smashed. Happened to me as i WATCHED an angry F250 driver slam his trailer across the front of my 5.0....(he didnt mean to and he cut a check for hte dammages when insurance wouldnt pay, awesome)
Old 11-28-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I hear you the sick feeling, I rearend a van when I had my 91 Vette. It sounded horrible, didn't look real bad though just neede a bumper cover and paint. Glad to hear you were not hurt and your baby wasn't injured to bad!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Resident

Dud dont worry about it... my friend T-boned a camry wagon with his 98z28 so hard it twisted the camrys frame... his damage? the front facia needed to be sanded and repainted and the camaro badge had to be replaced.

Ram away... just kidding... he was lucky he didnt kill someone
Old 11-28-2005, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Wow! Thanks for the responses. Something about running my baby into anything makes my skin crawl. I felt bad for the guys running their cars into the walls at HRP a couple weeks ago. I like my paint just the way it is. Original and near perfect. Today was inspiration to get that big, bad, Texas truck that when the idiot pulls in front of me, I just run em over.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good to hear you werent heard and neither was the Hawk
Old 11-28-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Glad to hear your car is OK. fucktards shouldn't be allowed to drive!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HorsePowerKing
good to hear you werent heard and neither was the Hawk
Thanks, I was seriously stress'n for the few moments before I was able to stop to check it out. I still don't know how I got by without any damage. I'm extremely Thankful.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Glad to hear your car is OK. fucktards shouldn't be allowed to drive!
^^^
Thanks & exactly. If I carried a gun, I'de probably be in jail right now. That would make a lot sense, wouldn't it?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Man that sucks i know the feeling, only i watched my stang get backed into from across a parkinglot. Standing around talking to a few ppl. i parked purposely away from everyone some idiot parked about a carlength or 2 up from my car not in a parking place correctly but nothing was infront of him so i figured when he left he's pull foward like a normal person. For some ungodly reason this dipshit gets in his car and puts it in reverse and floors it not even realizing my car is behind him. 20 ppl. are running after him waving and yelling that my car is there this ******* idiot thinks their waving at him and waves back. I'm just kinda standing there in amazment watching the distruction that was about to unfold on my poor unknowing car. Sure enough he smash's my front quarter panel right behind the bumper cover. The only thing that saved his life was the 2k check i got from him insurance lol which i kept and spent on modding the car since you can go to the jy or swap meet and get a panel for 20 bucks lol.

An old man with a truck and a horse trailer almost led to the demise of the TA today also. These old idiots pull out in this big *** truck and this horse trailer that is twice as long as the truck, i'm going down the road 35mph i was going 35-40mph going with the flow of traffic. I look up and see this dude wanting out of the gas station, i "THOUGHT" he wasn't going to go sure enough he did at the last min. i slammed on the brakes ABS kick's on i came about a foot from catching the back end this guys ***** enlarger. I lay on the horn and slide to the open lane to the right to avoid anyone behind me that i might have surprised by hitting the brakes so hard. I thought it was over but it wasn't i sped up alittle to get around him, and he's coming over in the lane ontop of me i see the side of the trailer i see the curb so i hit the pedal to the floor, he heard me he suddenly jerked the wheel to the left and kept from smashing me between him and the curb god damn what an event. This guy and his wife were in their 70's atleast, i swear older ppl. need to be tested more on driving skills or something some of them are just to unaware of their surroundings and driving that big of a truck with something huge attached to it are they trying to kill someone?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

89. He probably did much more than dammage your panel. My frame was 10mm off and i needed some new stuff and also your vaccum canister is in the fender well. There is a lot of stuff that could have been messed up, a $30 fender isnt the half of it.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my gf accidently rolled back into a parked car tryin to get the SS into a tight space, slammed into the car behind (neighbors) i was stood outside gave a loud F*CK & went to check the damage, not a mark! but it shunted the car behind a good foot & put a crack in the front! old rover 218! neighbor wasn't too bothered when i told her cos it eas an old car! but yeah that made me cringe
Old 11-29-2005, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 89tang
Man that sucks i know the feeling, only i watched my stang get backed into from across a parkinglot. Standing around talking to a few ppl. i parked purposely away from everyone some idiot parked about a carlength or 2 up from my car not in a parking place correctly but nothing was infront of him so i figured when he left he's pull foward like a normal person. For some ungodly reason this dipshit gets in his car and puts it in reverse and floors it not even realizing my car is behind him. 20 ppl. are running after him waving and yelling that my car is there this ******* idiot thinks their waving at him and waves back. I'm just kinda standing there in amazment watching the distruction that was about to unfold on my poor unknowing car. Sure enough he smash's my front quarter panel right behind the bumper cover. The only thing that saved his life was the 2k check i got from him insurance lol which i kept and spent on modding the car since you can go to the jy or swap meet and get a panel for 20 bucks lol.

An old man with a truck and a horse trailer almost led to the demise of the TA today also. These old idiots pull out in this big *** truck and this horse trailer that is twice as long as the truck, i'm going down the road 35mph i was going 35-40mph going with the flow of traffic. I look up and see this dude wanting out of the gas station, i "THOUGHT" he wasn't going to go sure enough he did at the last min. i slammed on the brakes ABS kick's on i came about a foot from catching the back end this guys ***** enlarger. I lay on the horn and slide to the open lane to the right to avoid anyone behind me that i might have surprised by hitting the brakes so hard. I thought it was over but it wasn't i sped up alittle to get around him, and he's coming over in the lane ontop of me i see the side of the trailer i see the curb so i hit the pedal to the floor, he heard me he suddenly jerked the wheel to the left and kept from smashing me between him and the curb god damn what an event. This guy and his wife were in their 70's atleast, i swear older ppl. need to be tested more on driving skills or something some of them are just to unaware of their surroundings and driving that big of a truck with something huge attached to it are they trying to kill someone?
I can't believe the idiots that are out there on the road. It's unreal. It's the most wonderful time of the year. Yeah right, it's all I can do to keep people from nailing my car. People are not paying attention and it's driving my insane. I actually changed my driving style today from Offensive to Defensive. I honestly tell people I have a fast car to get around the idiots. Right now, I think I am just going to play things a little cooler. People in H-Town don't know how to drive - sounds like it's that way all over.

Glad to hear there was no sig damage to your car. Thankful is all I can say.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stanger88
89. He probably did much more than dammage your panel. My frame was 10mm off and i needed some new stuff and also your vaccum canister is in the fender well. There is a lot of stuff that could have been messed up, a $30 fender isnt the half of it.
That accident happened many years ago, and it was the driver side fender there isn't anything in there well not in mine i took everything out only thing in the fenders is some wires the vac. can and my mass air meter w/a filter. I took it and had it looked at by 3 different places no frame damage or anything like that so it was ok had there been something major or had i noticed something amiss i woulda had it fixed, so i figured $30 fender plus buy some go fast stuff or get it painted....................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i lived with it being primer'd.

Y2kHawk05- I hear ya on driving defensively i do it too, i dunno how many times i've been almost hit by some jackass not paying attention luckily for him and i both i was paying attention and avoided a serious accident. A dump truck almost ran me over once too lol, i was coming up on a side road to turn left the dump truck was coming off the sideroad turning left also. I was stopped waiting on traffic, the traffic clears and i casually started only to see this dump truck started moving too coming right at my driver door, he was about 2 feet away i realized he didn't see me and wasn't going to stop i rev'ed it up and dumped the clutch doing the most perfect 180 i've ever done i ended behind him, buddy in the car said he was less then a foot from catching my rear quarter panel i avoided alot of damage on that thank god for v8's and how easily it is to spin a mustang around lol.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

That accident happened many years ago, and it was the driver side fender there isn't anything in there well not in mine i took everything out only thing in the fenders is some wires the vac. can and my mass air meter w/a filter. I took it and had it looked at by 3 different places no frame damage or anything like that so it was ok had there been something major or had i noticed something amiss i woulda had it fixed, so i figured $30 fender plus buy some go fast stuff or get it painted....................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i lived with it being primer'd.

Y2kHawk05- I hear ya on driving defensively i do it too, i dunno how many times i've been almost hit by some jackass not paying attention luckily for him and i both i was paying attention and avoided a serious accident. A dump truck almost ran me over once too lol, i was coming up on a side road to turn left the dump truck was coming off the sideroad turning left also. I was stopped waiting on traffic, the traffic clears and i casually started only to see this dump truck started moving too coming right at my driver door, he was about 2 feet away i realized he didn't see me and wasn't going to stop i rev'ed it up and dumped the clutch doing the most perfect 180 i've ever done i ended behind him, buddy in the car said he was less then a foot from catching my rear quarter panel i avoided alot of damage on that thank god for v8's and how easily it is to spin a mustang around lol.
^^^^
now that's story!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

^^^^
now that's a story!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:20 AM
Launching!

Think that's a good story, you should hear the one about running over a bum's foot an bike lol it's a pretty good one.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I was stopped at a red light once, and everything was okay until the girl behind me, I guess figured the light turned green and decided to ram my car....
Old 12-01-2005, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WORKSHY
my gf accidently rolled back into a parked car tryin to get the SS into a tight space, slammed into the car behind (neighbors) i was stood outside gave a loud F*CK & went to check the damage, not a mark! but it shunted the car behind a good foot & put a crack in the front! old rover 218! neighbor wasn't too bothered when i told her cos it eas an old car! but yeah that made me cringe
^^^^
Wow! That's amazing that there was no damage to your SS. Even better the neighbor wasn't upset. Lucky is all I have to say.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Think that's a good story, you should hear the one about running over a bum's foot an bike lol it's a pretty good one.
I'm no bum, but my foot got ran over once. I was out spreading the Qwest gospel, helping a fellow sales buddy. We were leaving one building and while in the parking lot, we're talking and he says "Hey, lookout!" About that time, I run into the side of a White Van and then his back wheel runs over my foot. Lost my big toenail. He looked in his sideview mirror and took off.

Search this Thread