Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2004 WRX vs the best SS ever!

Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2004 WRX vs the best SS ever!

ok so last week i had my thanksgiving break and all my friends came back from college too. i went to pick up my friend Charlie who lives in Walnut Creek, then we were headed to Safeway. I had 3 people in my car. So im at this stoplight on Clayton Road, right by the McDonalds, and all of a sudden i see this newer looking WRX pull up next to me and he starts revving his engine. I looked over and it was none other than this guy named Andy... people call him Bubba.... but i hate him! Ive hated this guy since 7th grade... and im a sophomore in college now, we used to get in fist fights all the time in high school and middle school. He is also with my sisters ex boyfriend, which is a complete numbskull....(had to use that word, sorry). Anyway, they are sitting there revving, so i revved back to let them know im game. The light turns green and i take off! This is one of the best launches that i ever had. I get about 10 feet before i hear the most aweful sound! it sounds like a 'CLANK CLANK CLANK GRRRRRR BOOM!' and i looked in my mirror and to my suprise i see that my good friend in the WRX is still at the light with cars honking at him and trying to go around him. I started laughing so hard i literally had a tear in my eye. So i copped a U turn and went back to see whats up. So as im going by him i rev again at him to let him know i saw the whole thing. cop another u turn so im going the same way he is, then i see hes just looking strait ahead, and my sisters ex boyfriend is on the phone calling a tow truck! i revved at them again... then did another u turn and revved.... then did a nother u turn and revved. i just had to gloat. you guys dont understand... this had to be one of the BEST things ever! especially after losing to a brand new NSX earlier. I later found out that he crapped out a tranny... i thought he just busted an axle or something... i also got a picture of the car getting loaded on the tow truck! ENJOY!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe, thats funny. Those tranny's are absolute crap and Subaru knows it, but refuses to do anything about it. They blame the tranny failure on "abusive driving habits" and void the warranty.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
hehe, thats funny. Those tranny's are absolute crap and Subaru knows it, but refuses to do anything about it. They blame the tranny failure on "abusive driving habits" and void the warranty.
7k clutch drops aren't meant to be done on the wrx...its a rally car...they don't do that **** in rallys...the sti has a much much stonger tranny.

that douche probably road and all the time boucning it off the rev limiter and launching the car.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Banned

THat really sucks ***. So much for import durability vs. our "break all the time" american "junk"
Old 11-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like the tranny took a crap! You see the tiny little rear diff on those things and you think about the 6grand clutch dumps they do with awd and its not surpirsing they keep popping. Subaru needs an option for a heavy duty rwd only setup. It would be cheaper ,and ride out alot more, and even handle better on a road coarse.
Good kill. But you wouldve been the better person to not rub it in so much. You even took a picture for crying out loud.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
7k clutch drops aren't meant to be done on the wrx...its a rally car...they don't do that **** in rallys...the sti has a much much stonger tranny.
Sti is as much a rally car as a WRX. And they do do 7k clutch dumps in rallying, else how do they get off the line??

BTW - WRC cars use sequential gearboxes though so it's a different kind of clutch dump.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dunno about the STI's but the wrx tranny's arent that great. My buddy had an 03 wrx and blew his tranny pretty easily. Granted he did some high rpm clutch drops he didnt do it on a consistant basis. Luckily they covered the tranny under warranty. He then traded it in on the 04 STi he has now and has seemed to have better luck with that tranny. Either way thats awesome though, I mean it sucks seeing someones car break, but if he is a dick then he deserves it.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The STI tranny's are really nice. But it's 5 grand to swap one into a WRX. And it doesn't take a 7 grand launch to blow those things, they suck.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

all you see is the back of the support. suby's use a r180 it's a Nissan designed diff it uses a 8.5" ringgear they're actually pretty strong, what craps out is actually the center diff. wich is housed at the rear of the tranny.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stanger88
THat really sucks ***. So much for import durability vs. our "break all the time" american "junk"
tell tha to all the guys that blow out their stock rears on fbodies...lol

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Sti is as much a rally car as a WRX. And they do do 7k clutch dumps in rallying, else how do they get off the line??

BTW - WRC cars use sequential gearboxes though so it's a different kind of clutch dump.

i know...my point is more the fact that the sti is built stronger and the wrx isn't really meant for that..msot rally racing that I see is on dirt...and doing a 7k dump on teh dirt is a lot better than doing a 7k dump on the street.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by calebs01formula
Sounds like the tranny took a crap! You see the tiny little rear diff on those things and you think about the 6grand clutch dumps they do with awd and its not surpirsing they keep popping. Subaru needs an option for a heavy duty rwd only setup. It would be cheaper ,and ride out alot more, and even handle better on a road coarse.
Good kill. But you wouldve been the better person to not rub it in so much. You even took a picture for crying out loud.
well yeah, i would have been, but im tired of always being the bigger person. this guy got what he deserved. and of course i took the oppurtunity to rub it in. i mean, seriously, he flipped my mom off while she was driving for no reason and called my sister a ***** when she was walking home from school. if you ask me the guy got off lucky.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Banned

Well, I wasnt referring to the crappy 7-5/8 S10 rear end in your F-body, I was referrring to the sensibly designed 8.8 in my car, pfffftt!!!!! (Seriously though, the rear in an F-bod isnt completely glass, they can take a little beating, just not with slicks over 2500)
Old 11-29-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Well, I wasnt referring to the crappy 7-5/8 S10 rear end in your F-body, I was referrring to the sensibly designed 8.8 in my car, pfffftt!!!!! (Seriously though, the rear in an F-bod isnt completely glass, they can take a little beating, just not with slicks over 2500)
with a stock fbody..you need sticky tires..let alone a modified one..lol...its scary gettign sideways in 2nd and spinning 3rd ina nearly stock ls1.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if some dude called my sister a ***** and EVER flipped my mom off he would have a baseball bat to the dome.....stop being a ***** and **** that kid up
Old 11-29-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He is also with my sisters ex boyfriend
maybe he is lol, no nice kill, feels good to crush your "arch rival"
Old 11-29-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sidewayz28 I fully agree baseball bat to the dome would fix him
Old 11-29-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by calebs01formula
BS if he started revving her he deserved the abuse, in life times like these are few and far between,rock on girl
Old 11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
if some dude called my sister a ***** and EVER flipped my mom off he would have a baseball bat to the dome.....stop being a ***** and **** that kid up
youre right. papa didnt raise no punk bitch!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ss rally red
BS if he started revving her he deserved the abuse, in life times like these are few and far between,rock on girl
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!! WHOA! im not a girl! im a 19 year old male! that picture in my sig is my girlfriend... not me. haha
Old 11-29-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss rally red

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!! WHOA! im not a girl! im a 19 year old male! that picture in my sig is my girlfriend... not me. haha
LOL

Search this Thread