Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Typical Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typical Mustang GT

So Im cruisin back to the house after picking up some doughnuts around 945pm ish and I see a GT (older one maybe around 95?) fly through the yellow light as Im waiting to make a left onto the same street in the same direction as him. Well I did just a notch above the speed limit to see if I could catch up..no luck. We ended up at the next red light though. I know he had exhaust, not really sure of the other mods. There was a nissan "something or other" behind him who began to throw revs thus making the stang throw revs my way. I sat patiently waiting for the light, no revs, nothing. Light turns green and I ease into 1st gear so I dont spin the tires TOO horribly bad and the rear of the stang jumps up to my drivers side window. I gas it and by 5500 RPMs in first gear I had a nose on him, shifted to 2nd and walked away like no ones business. He catches up to me at the next light and asks "Is that a WS6?" I simply reply nah. He replied "Oh no ****? That was f*ckin awesome man!" That made me grin from ear to ear and I drove off into the night.

I know, I know it was just a GT but it made me feel really good and to ice it off he was way cool about it! Thought Id post for the hell of it.

Oh btw I have a lid and a catback.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Nice kill man.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

we need more people around like that guy in the GT, he was cool about it and gave you a compliment most of the people i race that get beat either flick me off or tailgate me afterwords or whatever just being pissed off that they lost

i've lost a few races but i still like to tell whoever i lost to that they have a nice car

by the way nice kill i remember when i was at the track a month or so ago and my last run of the day i ran a 94 mustang GT with intake and exhaust to my 94 camaro Z28 with intake and exhaust it was the perfect rivalry anyway i beat him by a good 5 tenths and about 6 mph we bullshitted a little after the race and told him he had a nice car (which is was) i like it when people dont get all bent out of shape after they lose its all in good fun
Old 11-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Banned

doesnt it just make your day to hear the words "dude, that is one badass car!" or... "that thing sounds nice!" or... "that is a beautiful car you have!" or... "that thing is quick!" or... "after seeing what you just did, i am forever in debt to you!!!" (lol ok i just made that one up, but it WOULD be cool.) hahaha.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

yeah dude, its cool to see people give you props after you rock them. Ive gotten numerous compliments on how loud my exhaust is (Hooker longtubes, ory, loudmouth) and one guy was even holding his ears after i passed him at 5 grand while his window was down! But i hate it when people act like jerks when they lose, like it was my fault their car is slow.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I hate it when people think that WS6's are faster than a normal TA...WTF
Old 11-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Nice kill, took down quite a few stang gt's in the GTP when i had it modded. You wanna talk about ruining someone's day hahahha. But it's always nice to have someone you just kicked the crap out of give ya a compliment i always do one way or another win or lose.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 89tang
You wanna talk about ruining someone's day hahahha. But it's always nice to have someone you just kicked the crap out of give ya a compliment i always do one way or another win or lose.

Nahh it's more fun to ruin someone's day with a car like mine. But I really respect the guys who compliment you even if they loose. I've only had a few people actually do that, but I myself will always compliment someone whether I win or loose.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by setxws6

WERD.... i have numerous people ask what i drive... i tell them a trans am, the first words are "is it a ws6"...

i say "nope" and they immediately shrug it off as if it were a v6 lol. thats what i cant stand.

this one time i went into discount seeing if they carried some tt2's, and the guy asked what size i wanted them, i said 17x9.5 and 17x11, he thought i was dumber than dirt to get staggered wheels like that, saying "you know your going to eat up tires like candy" so i replied, "well, i guess thats the price ill have to pay" and he says "what kind of car are you running" i said "trans am" and he replies "is it a W6?" lol he didnt even know it was a "WS6" he left out the S and said W6, lol what a douche bag. that guy was a complete tool... i also asked about some ZR1 replicas, i had to explain to him, that a ZR1 is an older style corvette, and he looks it up on the comp and says "these are the closest we have to corvette wheels" and shows me cobra R replicas, thinking that they were corvette replicas hahahha
Old 11-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

The first time I met my friends that I hang around with (03 Cobra and 05 Evo), there were a bunch of ricers at the meeting place. I popped the hood on my car because a guy with an 04 GTO wanted to see it. One of the kids driving a Civic came up and was like "Oh ****... I thought that was a V6." I said "No its a Trans Am." But he then told me that he knew for a fact that all V8s had the WS6 package and that my car must have either lost all of its WS6 characteristics or had an engine swap...
Old 11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

lol.... i want to buy a formula for a sleeper...

but for some reason now.. people think mine is a v6 anyways... i mean... FOR FVCKS SAKE... ITS A TRANS AM... not a firebird. But then it is funny when you eat them And you go... "yup.. sure is a v6. I just got awesome exhaust "
Old 11-30-2005, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
we need more people around like that guy in the GT, he was cool about it and gave you a compliment most of the people i race that get beat either flick me off or tailgate me afterwords or whatever just being pissed off that they lost

i've lost a few races but i still like to tell whoever i lost to that they have a nice car

by the way nice kill i remember when i was at the track a month or so ago and my last run of the day i ran a 94 mustang GT with intake and exhaust to my 94 camaro Z28 with intake and exhaust it was the perfect rivalry anyway i beat him by a good 5 tenths and about 6 mph we bullshitted a little after the race and told him he had a nice car (which is was) i like it when people dont get all bent out of shape after they lose its all in good fun
Exactly.Win or lose it doesnt matter.THere are a lot of cool owners out there.

Killed a GTO last night and he started it..GOt a thumbs up even after killing him .Its nice to race guys like that.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll always throw a thumbs up win or lose. I'm not the kind to take a loss personally especially in a bone stock 98. The only people I'd ever stay pissed at are loser ricers that try to give a flyby or something stupid.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wvutransam
my car must have either lost all of its WS6 characteristics or had an engine swap...

HAHAHAHHAHA... those WS6 characteristics... ill tell ya!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by buffman
Nahh it's more fun to ruin someone's day with a car like mine. But I really respect the guys who compliment you even if they loose. I've only had a few people actually do that, but I myself will always compliment someone whether I win or loose.
That's a hell of a sleeper ya got i love sleeper cars that's the only reason why i modded my GTP and i wanted to go oh noes you just lost to a v6 lol.

Oh and the WS6 thing pisses me off, i can't believe how many ppl. think the WS6 just magically has 200 more hp then any other LS1 car. Half the time ppl. arguing with you about it don't even own an LSx car.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by setxws6
You mean the ram air doesnt give us 50 more horsepower?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

Its always great when guys are cool about a race, especially when they lose. LS1s are about all I race and its cool when we can bs afterwards with no one getting their panties in a wad.

I think the whole ws6 thing arises from their aggressive look. People just assume they make ungodly amounts of power.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Banned

oh ya... didnt you hear??? it was just discovered last week that the ws6 ACTUALLY puts down 600hp... to the rear wheels...

this is only available in the ws6 package, the basic trans am is still rated at 305hp to the wheels, but who cares about trans ams anyways right? its all about the WS6!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i always get the damn ur car sounds mean as hell whats it run...i always say previous owner ran a 11.1 on n2o...i always get oh so its a ws6