Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1999 Z28 M6 Vs. 1985 Nova with Five Passengers

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 Z28 M6 Vs. 1985 Nova with Five Passengers

First things first, I'm not talking about a Nova like a miniature Chevelle here, I'm talking about the GEO Metro style. And it had FIVE high school chicks in it.

THIS:

Okay?

I pull up to a stoplight in heavy night time city traffic. There are two left turn lanes. Thing about these turn lanes is everyone is going to want to go left again after turning so they can go into Wal-Mart. So, the person in the right left turn lane has to go real fast to get in front or sneak their way into line. There's usually like 20 cars in the left left turn lane and none in the right left turn lane.

I don't know how else to describe that. It'd be ******* simple to draw a picture. If you don't understand, don't stress your little brain. It's not important. Read on.

Anyway, we're both turning left, me and my ~100 lb. girl friend in my '99 Z28 M6 and her and her FIVE friends in a ~1985 Chevy Nova. Everyone in the whole city knows I have to get in front of the Nova or look like a major *** stuck in the wrong lane.

The Nova revs its engine.

I'm shocked. I think, "No... That wasn't the chick in the Nova. That was a car behind her." I don't even look over. I've already looked them over and laughed at them because they were so packed in the car. They looked my way and laughed too and the one smacked the other's ***.

The light has gone through all of its cycles and is getting ready to turn green.

She revved her engine again.

My girlfriend goes, "Is that the Nova? No!" Even she knows how silly this is.

I'm thinking, "I simply can't back down. It's a ******* 1985 NOVA WITH FIVE PASSENGERS!!! You can NOT back down from that." And, if I would have, we would have been totally screwed, unable to turn into Wal-Mart. My girlfriend isn't big on me racing with her in the car, and I'm not big on her being in the car when I'm racing, but this is too much.

I push down the clutch. Slowly shift into first. And rev to 2000 RPM.

Again, an '85 Nova is in the other lane...

...with five passengers.

Green light! I dump the clutch, shoot out of the hole and slide sideways through the turn. It's ******* madness because there are cars everywhere, turning out of restaurants. I'm in fist with my hand on the shifter the whole time, and that damn nova is right there, just to my left!!! At once, I dodge a car and jump in front of her, barely.

"Ha! ******* '85 Nova versus an LS1 Z28. What a ******* stupid race," I think.

Well, the Nova takes the first left into the Wal-Mart parking lot. I take the second, mainly because I like to see the chicks walking out of the clothing store. Sometimes there are some real hotties coming out of there. "Later," I laugh to myself.

Well, it's busy, so there are all these morons being stupid and not knowing how to just drive their damn car to a damn parking spot and park. I go all the way down to the end and pull in.

There's the Nova and all the chicks are laughing and giggling and getting out of the car.

I'm like, "Oh, hell no. Does this mean they win?"

Oh yeah, they recognize me. Well, if I didn't have my girlfriend along, I would have gone up to them and congratulated the driver for parking first.

Then I would have offered to drive some of the extra passengers home... as in my home.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bwahahaha... You almost lost to a '85 Nova. j/k. Good kill, always nice to see a carload of chicks.

BTW, my friend used to have the Corolla that was the twin of that Nova. We had too much fun in that car hitting 50 mph and then yanking the E-brake. It was dubbed the "Airplane", 'cause that's what it sounded like.