Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Almost got a snakebite!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost got a snakebite!

My roommate works with a ford guy who just bought an 01 cobra with borla exhaust and cold air. I have a 2000 ws6 a4 with headers, exhaust, slp lid, filter, ported MAF. He always wanted to race me so he could "kick my ***" which I knew was out of the question. So we raced the other day on his lunch break. We went from a roll at about 30 mph and I was really surprised when I only pulled on him by about half of a car length. I had a backseat full of christmas presents, my heavy c5 wheels, slipped 2-3, and was running very lean from the MAF getting ported. But I sill thought I should have beat him by a lot more than that. What do you guys think?

I can't stand a mustang being that close so I have a built tranny, TCI 3500, and an HP tuner waiting to be installed and heads and cam on the way.

I'll get this new stuff installed and when we race again I give him a little early birthday present by kicking his *** and having it on video tape for you guys to see.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

wow the next race is gonna be ugly unless he does something drastic.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mtb989s
My roommate works with a ford guy who just bought an 01 cobra with borla exhaust and cold air. I have a 2000 ws6 a4 with headers, exhaust, slp lid, filter, ported MAF. He always wanted to race me so he could "kick my ***" which I knew was out of the question. So we raced the other day on his lunch break. We went from a roll at about 30 mph and I was really surprised when I only pulled on him by about half of a car length. I had a backseat full of christmas presents, my heavy c5 wheels, slipped 2-3, and was running very lean from the MAF getting ported. But I sill thought I should have beat him by a lot more than that. What do you guys think?

I can't stand a mustang being that close so I have a built tranny, TCI 3500, and an HP tuner waiting to be installed and heads and cam on the way.

I'll get this new stuff installed and when we race again I give him a little early birthday present by kicking his *** and having it on video tape for you guys to see.
News Flash *****There will always be someone faster. Whether it is a Stang or a KIA, it doesn't matter. Congrats on the kill though. Those 01 Cobra's are no pushover with gears and few more mods. As for your car, that ported MAF sensor is probably hurting you more than you think. Why is it even ported? Once you start pushing 500 hp, then upgrade the injectors,TB and MAF port,intake port,etc.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

It was ported when I had the car. I didn't notice it until I ran the service engine light and found out it was running lean.