Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Doesnt this tick you off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doesnt this tick you off?

I cruising along in my TA in town headin to work, i get in the turn lane when a clean 99-04 GT with that loud flowmaster exhaust( notice how all the later mustangs sound exactly alike) throws me a huge rev......well i get happy and pull out back onto the main street and pursue him...get behind him and to make it worse he has QUIKRNU on his tag....im thinkin hes just askin for an *** whoopin with that ****??? i get beside him and harass him for about two miles........and he WONT DO ****....Why call me out and not run?????Does that **** happen to you guys alot
Old 12-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Sounds pretty crappy to me. Why rev if you don't want to play. He probably is all talk and not action and you basically called him on it. Haven't really had that happen to me though. Most people leave me alone. Only person to rev me was a srt-4 back in South Carolina and he almost wrecked his car trying to impress me as my wife laughed at him.

Lance
Old 12-11-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do it when i see a nice car to get his attention and give him the nod..sort of like a respect thing I guess.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Teching In

The only things to ever bug me are the noisey pissed off bumble bee 4-bangers. Gets old only eatting rice, i like horse meat personally, but dont get much.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn no one does that for me, I usually rev it at a car I would like to run, but they usually never rev it back or turn around. I agree with you if someone were to call me out like that and then not run, i'd be mad, but happy at the same time cause I just made him back down
Old 12-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Teching In

It seems to happen all the time to me. I had similar thing happen to me in my 97 TA except the it was again some in a honda. He reved at me and after I raped him from a light to the next he then rolls down the window all pissed off and screams "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT I DRIVE A HONDA". Why do ricers always wanna have an excuse for losing ?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Got a few here in Blairtown, they'll cruise through town around 55... in first. I'll get up with'em, hear'em rev it up, I'll throw one back, and they get quiet. Sad thing is, I still have stock exhaust, and these stangs all sound like NASCAR material!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

Remeber dont stoop to their level your the better driver on the road dont even give them the satisfaction waste your gas pursuing them!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

A rev from another American Muscle car is like a hello and bad *** ride, but if its from a ricer is a reason to kick there *** its like there mocking ya....JK

Naw who knows maybe its an intimidation factor......
Old 12-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Launching!

I had this happen today, honestly it coulda been cause i was in the GTP and he didn't think about running me or something. Going down the highway this 99 mustang gt is giving it some hell so we come to a light he's the first at the light i'm in the other lane behind somone, but he takes off pretty fast and so does the person infront of me so i slide in behind the mustang, open freeway ahead of us for miles. I'm excited like ohhhhhh i get to race someone so i get beside the guys in the stang an kinda pace them. He didn't do a god damn thing so i took off and slowed down alittle i figured he'd see my plate 1 FST V6 right he'll wanna play then. Nope nothing again, i was kinda pissed he was all ready to go speeding down the highway before then i get beside him and nothing. I dunno how many mustangs have pansied out on me maybe they just know their cars suck or something?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

I get trucks ******* with me.....I had an SRT10 mess with me and run.....I ran him from 55-130...It was a good run since I started out in 4th...I should have down shifted but didnt...Didnt think he would run like that. Had an F250 **** with me, but he didnt want to run...most cars are going in the other direction when I see them...So I usually have no luck!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Mustang owners have this horrible habit of thinking they ALL own 03-04 cobras....till they realize they dont, then they realize there messing with a small sized v8 that should be a large sized v6.....and that despite there hatred for it, they are driving the vtech of the v8 world....its a harsh reality...partly why i got a 5.0 cobra
Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIDER
Damn no one does that for me

Heck.........I've got people who rev @ my house 'cuz they know there's a couple of contenders parked in the garage. It's actually quite funny. One guy even makes sure that we can hear the BOV on his turbo.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, but it was some 18-22 year old in a 03/04 cobra convertible. Gave me mad rev and stare-down while passing in front of me.... think F&F wanna be. (I was waiting to pull out of a parking lot). Had his g/f with him. While catching up to him, I accidently smoked the 555's turning from a red light and got his attention. Finally caught up to him, returned the rev and gave him a point ahead. He ends up giving me some **** eating grin, makes a crazy fast lane change and peels right onto another street so that i cant follow him.... WTF? Guess he was trying to show off for his girl or something?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

i usually give a rev to say hello....
he has QUIKRNU on his tag....im thinkin hes just askin for an *** whoopin with that ****???
I got a Plate that says RUQUIC. ppl who usually didnt bite now come after me.... I love it... I dont care about losing... its all about the anticipation... I had a Blue 03 cobra who wouldnt give me the time of the day but once he saw my licence plate wanted some action... I lost but it was still cool....
Old 12-16-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Racing is fun, adreniline is the drug of choice, and racing does it for me, wether it's on the freeway with open roads and no traffic or on the track with everyone watching....Win or loose...who shive a git? Cause I could care less if I win or lose...it's the rush!!

LMOA Have a nice Xmas everyone!!
Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

yesterday I was going to work and poser mobile was in a crx next to me. I wasn't even thinking about him til I heard him take off like a bat out of hell, by that time I caught and passed him, slow to about 65 in 3rd he paces me then hits the brakes, that was gay, but its the only action I can get.