Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Red LT1 in TP, IL

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red LT1 in TP, IL

On the way home from a final exam, I spotted a red Z. (knew it was a LT1 due to the fact of those goofy headlights and the Z badges.)He was drivin normal until I saw him catch up to me pretty quickly. At first I thought it was just some tough guy tryin to make up some ground for fun, until he gave me this retarded rev. So i figured it is about time I see how my lil Eclipse matches up to a modded LT1. I previously owned a Ls1 but it was nothing special.

I wait for trafic to slow down, mind you he was revving the **** out of it. Long story short, we were at about 40 mph. He was an M6 by the way. His mods no idea but it was pretty loud. Possibly longtubes and some other small boltons but nothing that will make it run some fast times, I hope .
Anyway, we were at about 40 mph and we both go. I began to spin pretty good at the top of second, and shifted a bit early into thrid. We ended at about 92 or so and at my suprise I was out in front pretty good. I was suprised. Lets say about 2 cars. I am hoping this Z was not trying or had a few dead cylinders.
If you were the driver of this red Z, please do not give ricer revs. Makes ya look bad. It was a clean Z by the way, just in the hands of a guy who likes to make alof of noise.
Jon
Old 12-12-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

i really think you beat the driver not the car, can't some bolt ons lt1s keep with a stock ls1? I am still learning so if i am wrong, I'm sorry.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAUS1
On the way home from a final exam, I spotted a red Z. (knew it was a LT1 due to the fact of those goofy headlights and the Z badges.)He was drivin normal until I saw him catch up to me pretty quickly. At first I thought it was just some tough guy tryin to make up some ground for fun, until he gave me this retarded rev. So i figured it is about time I see how my lil Eclipse matches up to a modded LT1. I previously owned a Ls1 but it was nothing special.

I wait for trafic to slow down, mind you he was revving the **** out of it. Long story short, we were at about 40 mph. He was an M6 by the way. His mods no idea but it was pretty loud. Possibly longtubes and some other small boltons but nothing that will make it run some fast times, I hope .
Anyway, we were at about 40 mph and we both go. I began to spin pretty good at the top of second, and shifted a bit early into thrid. We ended at about 92 or so and at my suprise I was out in front pretty good. I was suprised. Lets say about 2 cars. I am hoping this Z was not trying or had a few dead cylinders. If you were the driver of this red Z, please do not give ricer revs. Makes ya look bad. It was a clean Z by the way, just in the hands of a guy who likes to make alof of noise.
Jon
I think you pinned it on the nose there.....
Old 12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
I think you pinned it on the nose there.....
What do Lt1's with say full exhaust trap at?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Originally Posted by OverLord
i really think you beat the driver not the car, can't some bolt ons lt1s keep with a stock ls1? I am still learning so if i am wrong, I'm sorry.
Your Basic bolton Lt1 But with LT should be able to beat a stock LS1
Old 12-13-2005, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
Your Basic bolton Lt1 But with LT should be able to beat a stock LS1
What if I was to say I beat a stock 01 SS as well... Would anyone believe me?

Remember guys, I had a 98 Formula with full exhaust, lid, ported tb and some free mods as well so, don't think I am hating of my fellow fbody buddies. Just trying to find out who this guy in the LT1 was...
Jon
Old 12-13-2005, 05:25 AM
Board Certified Idiot

What if I was to say I beat a stock 01 SS as well... Would anyone believe me?

Remember guys, I had a 98 Formula with full exhaust, lid, ported tb and some free mods as well so, don't think I am hating of my fellow fbody buddies. Just trying to find out who this guy in the LT1 was...
Jon
well i was refferin to the Lt1 vs the LS1 above .. but if you beat a 01 SS you for sure beat the driver or for that matter did not beat him at all cause he did not try.. an 01 SS will MURDER YOU.. But hey anything gose when your on the Street Maybe you did
Old 12-13-2005, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

A little info on the GS-T, Im not calling BS cause a buddy of mine has a white GS-T with over 400 whp so I know what to xpect plus it runs very well from a roll.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

info...

Last edited by HAUS1; 01-01-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
well i was refferin to the Lt1 vs the LS1 above .. but if you beat a 01 SS you for sure beat the driver or for that matter did not beat him at all cause he did not try.. an 01 SS will MURDER YOU.. But hey anything gose when your on the Street Maybe you did
He will murder me... What makes you think that. I guess my car trapping 104 in 75 degree weather will cause me to get murdered by a 01 SS that most likely traps at 104-105 in good weather.
Check my mods chief and tell me he will murder me. By the way, the SS had about a car head start and i still kept even with him.
But you and your 50 posts, stick with noob comments, and you will not get far or learn much.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

like people have said time and time again... anything can happen on the street, and there are alot of DSM's around my area, making HUGE power... for instance, a guy i know has got a white convertable GST which he has converted to a GSX, making it a conv. GSX, and according to his fancy electronics his car is making roughly 600whp... now i know that the electronic dyno's arent really exact, but that thing is fast as ****... also breaks alot too, lol... but thats besides the point. when you say you beat the LT1, and the stock 01 SS, i believe you, i was not there to witness the race, and you sound like you know what your talking about, you've owned an LS1 before... so i believe that you beat both of them, anything can happen on the streets!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NBMgreg
like people have said time and time again... anything can happen on the street, and there are alot of DSM's around my area, making HUGE power... for instance, a guy i know has got a white convertable GST which he has converted to a GSX, making it a conv. GSX, and according to his fancy electronics his car is making roughly 600whp... now i know that the electronic dyno's arent really exact, but that thing is fast as ****... also breaks alot too, lol... but thats besides the point. when you say you beat the LT1, and the stock 01 SS, i believe you, i was not there to witness the race, and you sound like you know what your talking about, you've owned an LS1 before... so i believe that you beat both of them, anything can happen on the streets!
I have owned too many cars for my age, LOL. I was somewhat upset becuase I have real bad boost creep till about 5600 rpm's. It is not until then I reach full boost but with my new tubular O2 housing awaiting install, I shoul be 3 psi stronger through out the power band, which should be a nice kick in the ***. I guess you could say if I had that done when i raced the LS1 and Lt1, it would have been a bit different. Definitely was alot of fun with the LS1
Old 12-13-2005, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do Lt1's with say full exhaust trap at?
my car stock traped 98.3 auto 2.73 gear. So a m6 with full exhust. 102-103 mabey higher. my friends 93 M6 with LT's, dumps, 3.73 gears CAI, traped 105 I think. but this is real good DA
Old 12-13-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

The LT1 sucks monkey *****. Why are you even remotely concerned about it?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

I don't think that I've ever seen that camaro around here, well especially one as loud as you say.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

oh i didn't know much about you car, only read the sig.

Hey what made you pick that car over the bird? i haven't bought a car yet just doing resreach.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Banned

ya, im curious as to why u sold the LS1 in favor of your DSM? personal preference?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well as much as I loved the bird, it was not easy or practical at all as a daily driver. With winters being a pia in Chicago, it forced me to sell it. I do have alot of fun with boosted imports but one day I will be back to the V8 world. I am looking to graduate from Trinity Christian College with a Major in General Pe and Recreation so once that is all said and done(about 8 months) I will have me a 03 Cobra or a ZO6 soon
Old 12-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Banned

maybe this time try boosted v8's...

u should make a mean turbo LS1 setup
Old 12-13-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny you say that! I was going to hook up with a buddy of mine that custom fabb'd alot of boosted B18's and B20 VTEC's. He laso made his own race headers. We were going to make a rear mount turbo kit from scratch and do everything ourselves. That would be alot of fun.