Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs. Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me vs. Z06

This weekend I took my '95 Z28 out for a cruise. I was going down Montgomery next to a Sonic when a C5 Z06 started blipping the throttle next to me at a light. I told him he'd smoke me but he said he wanted to see how bad it would be. So the light turns green and we're off, me in the left lane and him in the right lane of a four lane street. When he had about 5 cars on me I noticed a patch of ice next to some orange cones so I let off the gas. He obviously didn't because he spun out into a light pole and curb. The impact crushed the passenger door off of the car and the motor was sticking out of the left side of the front, almost like the entire engine had been picked up and moved over the driver's side tire. I quickly pulled over but I didn't get out. He got out of the car and was walking around it so I left. He didn't have a passenger either. Just thought I'd share because it is that time of year when water freezes at night so just be careful out there guys. Before you talk **** because I left him there, please know that he was being a cocky *** about the race in the first place and he got out of the car and walked around it. The wreck was his problem, not mine.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

damn dude when was this i was out there fri and sat night i didnt see any z06's if i were you i would have got dibs on the ls6
Old 12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

It's scary to race in this weather. My tires don't hook up unless it's 45* out... be careful!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

OMG!!! C'mon guys you should be more be careful at this time of year

thanks for sharing man

peace
Old 12-12-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Smells.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

That sucks for that guy, but as long as he was alright.
I would think you made a good choice not stopping. When the police came it could have gotten messy if a witness saw you two racing. However if he seemed hurt I guess you could park your car in a lot and walk to the scene. Theres no telling how the cops would take it though, you made a good choice leaving after you saw him alright.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04gtoBMXracer
damn dude when was this i was out there fri and sat night i didnt see any z06's if i were you i would have got dibs on the ls6
Around 3 in the morning, there were a few cars out though so it wasn't completely dead on Monty.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

i dont think its your fault at all .. i know that you wouldnt want that to happen to him and if you were driving his car things w0ould have possibly been differnt~~~!! do you all agree!!