Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed a Lightning

A few weeks ago I was driving home with my buddy in the car (around 200lbs) after we were getting some dinner. Anyways I decided to take the back roads home since I had been driving on the freeway all day. I was minding my own business when this sliver lightning pulled up next to me and started throwing me some revs. My buddy is a big enthusiast (he helped me do a bunch of work on my car) and was egging me on to run him. I opened the cutout and eased it into second (we were only going like 30... I know I could have put in into first) and the guy took off. I floored it the second I heard him go and by the top of second I was a little ahead then after the shift, I was about 2 cars ahead at around 70. I was pretty impressed with the way the truck ran... pretty quick for something that will haul some lumber. I tried to roll down the window and tell him nice race but he wouldnt look at me... Oh well.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Teching In

ive never quite understood the point of racing a lightning from a roll (why the driver or someone else would want to do it)...nevertheless, good kill
Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Didnt really have much of a choice since we were already driving when it all started...