Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SC/Mustang & 6.0L/GTO Vs. Me=Broke Rear...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SC/Mustang & 6.0L/GTO Vs. Me=Broke Rear...

Let me set it for you....

Long story short. Killed both 2 times. On the second from a dead stop shifted 2nd hear a "Big Bang" Held it. Once I hit 3rd let off. Noticed a little banging. Went through a small denial "that not coming from me" then it sets "yep its coming form me" Okay next thing to cross my mind Please don't be a bearing noise. As I am pulling into a resturant parking lot I start to smell grease. Rear end grease. And I am relieved to find its just a rear. Which Santa was bringing me anyways. What better way to go out then waxing a few.

Now if your interest in the race. This is how it went. GTO didn't really want to play kept throwing his hands out the window like traffic was too close. I kept slowing down letting room build. I would come up next to him he would gun it and catch up to traffic. While the passenger was waving her hand like no'no. Finally catch a light I'm in the middle front. GTO on my tail. I creep forward waiting for the light. GTO fits through and gets right next to me. Then while this is going on. I notice a whining noise "S/C" coming from my left. One car back a Older Cobra w S/C reving it up. Then out of nowwhere the car to my left turns with traffic going left. So at the time all the stars where alligned. The cobra creeps up. So we have Cobra me GTO. Light turns before I have shifted out of first I got em both then as I hit second and finish I put some decent lenghts on them "a bus or two" I let off GTO flies by I wait up for the cobra. Drop to second. Slap the gas once. Cobra returns then I await his jump. He jumps I hit it grab third at that time I was gone. Coming up the light ahead I notice GTO center lane. I arrive on the right. Cobra arrives on the left. Stars alligned once again. 1st got'em both bang second (here is where the big bang comes) Hit third and we have a night. The End....

Damage report tomorrow when I get to the shop....

What I break I will just rebuild stronger.

Not bad for a stock rear with 85K hard miles on her. She held up well.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see how you broke your stock rear when you are ALL STOCK

12 bolt or 9in?

Good kill on the cars, AND your rear!
Old 12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

So..... you're "ALL STOCK" except for

ORY
FIPKit
ported TB
MAF swap
ASP pulley
dyno tune
free mods
intake swap
aftermarket cam
long tube headers
aftermarket valvetrain
suspension/chassis mods
ported/polished LS6 heads
Nitrous (shot size unknown)

Doesn't sound remotely close to "ALL STOCK" to me...
Old 12-24-2005, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Default Damage Report...

Broke three of the four bolts in the center of the chunk. It looks like the were backing out and then once they were far enough out to his the end cap the just sheared right off. Gears look good. The bolt heads stayed on the left side of the carrier so no damage there. Although after tear down we noticed a crack completly around the left cover. This is where three of the four bolts came out of. So that is where she stands untill Tues when we get back to the shop. I can say that if you got to go out. Go out with a bang
Old 12-28-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey buddy, you won, thats all that counts. Nice damn car too. Bet that bitch is FAST!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by khris99s
Broke three of the four bolts in the center of the chunk. It looks like the were backing out and then once they were far enough out to his the end cap the just sheared right off. Gears look good. The bolt heads stayed on the left side of the carrier so no damage there. Although after tear down we noticed a crack completly around the left cover. This is where three of the four bolts came out of. So that is where she stands untill Tues when we get back to the shop. I can say that if you got to go out. Go out with a bang
Glad your thinking positive on this one. Sounds like you were trying to break it. Knowing that you have a replacement.