Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default terminator killed, played with terminator 2

just to clarify
terminator= 03 cobra
terminator 2= 05 saleen

christmas eve it was 50* or so in my area and beautiful out so i went out for a cruize with my friend. no where really in mind to go, just wasting some gas and enjoying the weather in my car which i just spent 2 hours detailing prior to the cruize .

i roll up on a 05 (my guess anyway) saleen. hardtop, red, BIG wheels on it. looked nice. anyway i give him a little sample of my auto's horrible top-end and gunned it from 70mph to 90mph and switched lanes to wait up for him (minimal traffic on the highway. i stayed a cool 65mph and saw him creeping up in the other lane probably going 70mph or so. i KNEW he wanted some because when i hit it i saw him switch lanes and persue me.

im watching him in my rearview and when he gets around a car or so back from me i get ready to nail it. this guy gets a huge rolling start on me and as i nail it he is still pulling from his rolling start. he gets an honest 3 cars on me before i break his pull and we stay pretty close to even, i start to slowly gain on him (not for a little bit however- not sure the speed i was focusing on driving not on my gauges). he has to hit the brakes for traffic- probably both shutting down around 125mph or so.

not a kill, some would concider it a loss but he got a huge jump and i said screw it and tried to catch him. i consider it playing on the highway, it was fun to open my car up like that. the guy however wouldn't follow me around to do it again so i think i may have scared him by staying with him/gaining on him.

on to the 03 cobra.- im ready to call it quits when this kid goes by the other way and throws me a rev (he had loud exhaust). i bust a u turn and persue him, and i see he slowed down to wait for me so he is thinking the same thing. we agree to go to a 2-lane bypass nearby and run.

first run he wanted it from a stop, i don't know why he did but im like OKAY!! . i roll into a wussy launch (by my car's standards anyway) and start putting lengths on him. it ended with me an honest 1.5 buslengths ahead of him at 110mph. me feeling bad that im rolling on mickey thompson drag radials and him on street tires i decided to give him the opportunity from a slow roll afterwards.

we slow down to about 15mph and go from there on 3 honks. i flash the converter in 1st gear and put about 2 cars on him by my 2nd gear (50mph) and he just sits there for a minute, nobody gaining at all. then i get to around 80mph or so and im creeping away from him again and go till about 120mph with him only back about 4 cars or so from me. (vs the 8 cars or so he was back from a stop).

he honked and went on his way, i went home. fun day all in all. i don't know his mods but probably only exhaust. as for the saleen my guess is it was stock.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

Well done man,How do those mickey thompson DR do from a stop?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

they are phenominal!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

any chance was the salenn red or orange? my buddy ran a saleen against his SRT-4. Im a stang owner and it was a sad sight. SRT at his door the entire time.. This was in philly right next to 61st street going over the bridge.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kills...

sweet time in your sig congrats
Old 12-27-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

red saleen- but im actually from the burbs (bucks county) so this happened near the doylestown area. on a worldwide site i just round it off to "philly"

not too long ago i beat up a saleen pretty good from a stop and a slow roll (real races imho), but my car doesn't have enough to make up for the jump this guy got from such a high speed. i hope to see him again and re-match from an even jump although i've never personally seen this particular one im my area before

i saw the kid in the yellow cobra today passing the other way in traffic. i waved and he was looking over smiling (probably just ordered a kb or something- haha).

thanks for the compliment tom..