Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

RX7 demise

Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RX7 demise

I haven't written anything in a good while, and normally I don't post my racing events on message boards... but I thought you guys might like this one. This happened This past weeked... the day after Christmas actually. I had looked at the sunday's paper, and saw that best buy now only wanted 34bucks for that new game NFS MW, and no way was I going to pass up that deal. I set my alarm for 7:30am... hoping I'd get to the store early to beat the after Christmas holiday holigans. I guess I couldn't figure out how to set the alarm on my cell phone right, because it never went off, and I woke up at 12:45pm.... oh @%^! I thought I was sure to miss out on getting NFS for 34bucks.. I was willing to bet they were all sold out... but I had to hold on to hope. I threw my clothes on.. .washed my face, and brushed my teeth, then grabbed my keys and ran out the door.

I hopped in my car, and let it warm up a bit. When my A/F meter started bouncing back and fourth I new the car was ready. I threw the Z in reverse and hoped out onto the road. I decided to stay away from the main road, and take the back road where it was usually empty and I could speed without worrying about cops. I hit the old stretch, and started pushing the pedal to the floor. My car felt pretty good on that cold day. I could hear the unburnt fuel kicking little back fires of hell out as I popped the gears... I can never get enough of that sound. I started day dreaming a bit... and unconsiously I was naturally weaving around cars that were going slower than me... till the road was clear. For some reason it was kind of foggy that afternoon, and I couldn't see exactly everything ahead of me as I was speeding, so I was sure to keep my free foot on the brake just in case.

I was getting anxious and decided to push it a bit. I stomped the pedal down and started laying it into the 100's... I hit about 110 and surely in the fog no cop would be waiting aimlessly with a radar gun. all of a sudden I saw a red obsitacle in my way, so I dropped my gears and tapped the brakes... I came right up on the guys bumper. It was aparantly an RX-7 with giant mecca wing. It looked pretty nice... but none the less he was slowing me up... aparantly he new this and was enjoying himself... becasue every time I tried to go around him he would attempt to block me. Finally I got tired of his games... and I started swaying back and fourth to confuse him, then I dipped to the shoulder and swooped around him. A silly move, but I wasn't interested in playing games. When I got infron't of him I looked at his car in my rear view. It looked better than I thought. It had a pretty decent aero kit on it, and some strange Ricer graphic design... non the less.. I got back on the pedal again and layed it down... aparantly this import boy thought this was an invitiation to race... becasue they stayed right on my bumper... Okay if you want to do that... then why not make it official... I dropped my gears and brought the car down to 30... the RX7 finally figured it out, and came up around my driverside.

The road was clear now, and it was aparant no one would have any excuses of road conditions. We were riding sideby side. A smirk came upon my face... I started chuckling like a mad man. When I looked through the window tint of the RX-7 I realized it was actually a female driving... this would be even more interesting... since the last time a raced a girl she was driving an STI. Being the gentleman I let the RX7 take lead... as soon as she hit it... I would follow. The RX-7 suddenly burst out into speed... WTF! I heard a loud bang (backfire) from the car or what sounded like it... and the car just took off... I then slammed my throttle down and caught up with the car... it was a slow death. My RPM'S were screaming Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!! sounded like a roar of anger... as my valves opened and closed allowing a mixture of fuel and air to enter my combustion chambers. The 8 pistons danced in a wildfire... "We need blood" they screamed! As the engine became engulfed in the thirst of an import slaughter the RX-7 started slowly falling back. I shifted to 4th gear.. and heard my own car call it's cry, as it the exahust chuckled out the hell fires burning inside the engine. Pow! Froooo! I just laughed and hoped the ricegirl saw that display of a glimpse into limbo. I started creating my distance now... and pulled a good 3 cars and held it there.... as I rolled my window down a bit to feel the breeze... in it I heard the cry of a fallen RX7... Tsssst! wreeeeeee! a blow off valve?

I guess that would explain the bang I heard earlier... this car had a Turbo... and probably a shitty tune.As we came upon the intersection I dropped my gears down and calmed the car. I could hear the exhaust gases passing out the tips with every drop of the gears. I stopped at the stop sign and she remained by my side. She rolled her window down. She wasn't a very attractive girl... so it wasn't worth it to flirt with her, but I decided to confirm what was done to her car. She told me it was once her brothers car and he used to race it before she got it from him, and apparantly he had modified it, with some stuff and a larger turbo. She then asked me if I had nitrous... I laughed at her.. and told her if I did the tank would still be full... I just had a little cam and some goodies I told her. She just smiled and then pulled down the road in the opposite direction. When I finally got to best buy... to my surprise they had a shelf full of NFS games... I guess they restocked it... after the holiday... go figure.

Cliff notes: Raced RX-7 on empty country road.. Off rocker adjustment rich condition plenty of boom fun.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 01-27-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice kill.
Ever think about writing story's?
You have a gift for descriptive writing.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IT'd prolly be a whole lot easier to read if you separated it into paragraphs every now and again, but good kiil and good writing nonetheless.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill you must play need for speed alot
and I started swaying back and fourth to confuse him, then I dipped to the shoulder and swooped around him.
. I'm just joking I got the game to its not bad but there are flaws. Like when you rev the engine your brake-lights blink.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Launching!

lol's I don't do that in the game, usually I just ram them out my way, with my Carrera S.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:31 AM
Teching In

Nice kill! And excellent story!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

"as my valves opened and closed allowing a mixture of fuel and air to enter my combustion chambers. The 8 pistons danced in a wildfire... "We need blood" they screamed! As the engine became engulfed in the thirst of an import slaughter the RX-7 started slowly falling back."

Thats great...
Old 12-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

good story... nice details...
Old 12-30-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

hell of a story teller.....good kill...too bad she wasnt hott but in the end you still got your game!!!! LOL
Old 12-30-2005, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2ND GEN 3RD GEN 7? 2nd gen Turbo2 can be made quick, my last one ran lower 13's, and I know lots that would've buried mine. 3rd gens can be made to go a lot quicker, especially with a big single turbo.
All turbo 7's usually backfire ALOT and shoot fireballs out.

nice kill though, great writing
Old 01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

again, good story! very interesting read

your LT1 sounds pretty quick... good to see a LT1 car out there kickin some ***
Old 01-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Launching!

She moves out for what she has done... but there's way faster cars out there than me.... I hope to be one too after the Cam install...

BTw I figured out why my car was backfiring... valve adjustment is off... lol's I think I need to fix those.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:10 AM
12 Second Club

Great written story Well worth reading the whole thing, but you should do cliff notes for the lazy ones
Old 01-27-2006, 04:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
you should do cliff notes for the lazy ones
I'll do them for you...

Idiot driving too fast in the fog.

Idiot passing on the shoulder.

The rest of the story isn't worth reading.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DD966
I'll do them for you...

Idiot driving too fast in the fog.

Idiot passing on the shoulder.

The rest of the story isn't worth reading.

Your just mad because becasue you found out Dr. Phil will no longer be on oprah.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

I killed an rx-7 the other day as well. I was driving home from the parental units house and cruising on the freeway and I going 5mph over so I was in the fast lane and something was cathing me quick in my rear view mirrior. He pulled up in my blind spot so I couldnt see him all that well, at first I thought man this miata must be crazy to pull up to me until I heard the bov. Then I took a better look and it was an rx-7 He then pulled up beside me and downshifted and took off like a raped ape. I thought to myself I dont think I can take him but, he slowed down and got beside me again and reved me and ya'll know what that means its go time baby. We doing about 70mph and I punch it pulled a car on him instantly and just kept pulling, and pulling. I thought to myself theres no way and Im sure thats what he thought to cause he got back up next to me and kept setting his bov off next to me. So I did the 3 honks so this time no one took off early and same thing happened again!!! He didnt get back up next to me again even though I slowed way below the speed limit just to see if he wanted another taste. Nope guess not oh well.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Your just mad because becasue you found out Dr. Phil will no longer be on oprah.
HAHAHAHAHA and he did admit that it was a silly move...
Old 01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey Heatmaker, where do you live?

Search this Thread