Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

16yo embarasses WRX

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 16yo embarasses WRX

So, I'm on my way home from breakfast with some friends home from college and was coming home down 179 in Canton, CT. There is a light up ahead and I see a black WRX turning right onto Rt. 4. I was way back and by the time I reach the light it's red, with no oncoming traffic, so I turn right in pursuit. I can see him up ahead so I get on it a little bit until the point where I'm right behind him. He must have known that I wanted to play because he kept punching it then nailing on his brakes so he wouldn't rear-end the SUV in front of him haha. When we reached the 35mph S-curves, he jumps in the left lane, still following the SUV. I go from OD to D and hit it, til we're side by side. The roads were wet and remember we're going through some nasty curves. He looks over at me, and looked pretty shocked to see a kid behind the wheel. We let the SUV get up the road a little and he hits it, with no warning. I go about 60% and he's gone, even with his AWD. When we come out of the curves, he is behind me, and I was hoping he'd follow me to Rt. 69 where we could have some more fun, but like most sore losers, he turned off on the next side street. It looked like he had some mods, because the car was blacked out with some decals of your typical 4-banger aftermarket companies. Oh well, It was fun to kill an AWD car on wet roads through 35mph S-Curves lol.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Nice kill man, you gota be careful on a wet road with a high HP rwd car though, especially on twisties. We dont want to see anyone getting hurt.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

ya, lol. I know but it was too tempting. I haven't had much of a chance to play with my car yet and that was a rare opportunity. Getting some action in Jan. in CT lol. We just got 16" of snow where I live today haha.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, you're really dumb. Good luck making it through this winter.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

I don't drive it when it's bad out. and I didn't just get into cars at 16 lol, the son of a guy who raced for 40years.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rollinna65
Wow, you're really dumb. Good luck making it through this winter.
You took the words out of my mouth. Wheres the kill by the way??? It sounded to me like he just completely ignored you

who in his right mind would try to run a f-body through wet curves??? against an AWD WRX??? oh please....
Old 01-03-2006, 12:35 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CT ITALIAN 1
So, I'm on my way home from breakfast with some friends home from college and was coming home down 179 in Canton, CT. There is a light up ahead and I see a black WRX turning right onto Rt. 4. I was way back and by the time I reach the light it's red, with no oncoming traffic, so I turn right in pursuit. I can see him up ahead so I get on it a little bit until the point where I'm right behind him. He must have known that I wanted to play because he kept punching it then nailing on his brakes so he wouldn't rear-end the SUV in front of him haha. When we reached the 35mph S-curves, he jumps in the left lane, still following the SUV. I go from OD to D and hit it, til we're side by side. The roads were wet and remember we're going through some nasty curves. He looks over at me, and looked pretty shocked to see a kid behind the wheel. We let the SUV get up the road a little and he hits it, with no warning. I go about 60% and he's gone, even with his AWD. When we come out of the curves, he is behind me, and I was hoping he'd follow me to Rt. 69 where we could have some more fun, but like most sore losers, he turned off on the next side street. It looked like he had some mods, because the car was blacked out with some decals of your typical 4-banger aftermarket companies. Oh well, It was fun to kill an AWD car on wet roads through 35mph S-Curves lol.
I'm glad I live far from ya.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

I don't think I would of tried to race you either when it's wet out and going through curves. You just asking for trouble.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

You, sir, are the reason males under 25 have high insurance. And being 19 myself and paying out the *** for insurance, I think you deserve to drive a mini-van.

You're an idiot.

Luke
Old 01-03-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

OWNED!!!!!!

Please Stop Acting like a 16 year old before you get yoursefl and others killed.

Theres a time and a place for everything but speeding, Wet Roads and Curves are never in the same category specially for inexperienced drivers.

The reason he hit it was because he feared for his life and wanted to get away form your immature *** as soon as possible.

Besides a WRX isn't that impressive 227hp 220tq. Try running an EVO or STI through the corners to see what happens.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Launching!

This is why a 16 year old kids should not have a 300+ hp car
Old 01-03-2006, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

go easy on him. we've all done not so bright things before. that being said, it would probably be safer for you and everyone else if you went back to driving that eclipse.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are a real idiot, grow up kid, just cause ur dad is a 40 year gearhead does not make u special anyway, you tried to race someone around wet curves in a RWD car, that is beyond stupid. Your dad would probably be embarassed and ground you if he knew you did something so stupid. Thanks for doing things that result in my car insurance rates being high. And can you please explain how we are owned by you only being 16 like it says in your sig?
Old 01-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Teching In

and ya, I'm 16 years old...
That's painfully obvious. Please wise up before you hurt someone.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

i made the mistake of giving it less than half pedal through almost nothing of a turn doing about 30 mph and spun my car around at least 8 times when i first bought my Z last winter when i had 225 tires. i had no idea how powerful these cars were and im lucky didnt kill myself like a couple of my friends have in the past 2 years. no curves whatsoever are safe in sub 75* weather or wet roads giving it any gas.

Get used to not driving it in the winter.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

I love it how 16 year old kids think that they're the greatest drivers ever. I remember when I was 16 driving around in my 92 s10 with a beast of a 2.8L V6 and I thought that I was a perfect driver. Now I look back and it frightens me to think of how I drove. If I had my camaro back then it would have definitely been in a ditch or something much worse would have happened. My camaro also has about 70 less hp than his and I still have some hard times in the rain.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Is it just me or does a 16 year old kid driving/racing anything just scare the hell out of you? Sorry this thread isnt going the direction you wanted young man. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Guys my dad has been a surgeon for the past 30 years.... i'll be offering free cosmetic as well as "normal" surgery (quadruple bi-pass heart surgery, apendix removal,and some brain surgery).

Just PM me to make your appointment and let me know what you want done.

No worries since my dad can do it so can i.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wonder if he thought everyone here would congratulate him or something?
Old 01-03-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Alright guys! Take itt easy.LOL

Quick Reply: 16yo embarasses WRX