Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 cammed evo's are murdered-

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 cammed evo's are murdered-

just friendly races- the first one was a evo VIII rs with 272/272 hks cams and all supporting mods running open downpipe. i got a very good launch against him, he stayed around my back bumper till 60mph where he had trouble getting into 3rd and he dropped WAY back (like buslengths). i offered to run again but both of us had to bounce (prior plans) so he said maybe another time. i HIGHLY doubt he would've caught me but you never know- he plans to put a 80 shot on it and run me again in the future...

2nd race- hotlap style going the opposite way on the road we were running on. against the evo rs's friend, this evo had 272/280 hks cams, with all supporting mods (i don't know the specifics on either car besides what cams they have). i got a HORRIBLE launch against this guy- left two 30' long black marks- i stayed right at his bumper till 80mph or so where i pulled up to put about 1/2 carlength on him, ending with him at about my rear tire @ 115mph . it seemed as if he also was not too good at shifting or else im guessing he would've been able to hold me off.

obviously there will be re-matches, but i thought i would share.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Good kills. I wonder if they were tuned or not cause with cams there top end shouldn't have died like that. Or maybe like you said they couldn't drive. Nice runs though. What do you run in the 1/4?
Old 01-21-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you have more street races than anyone.... .
Old 01-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Very good kills, especially outlaunching one of them, and he better get more than nitrous if he wants to hang next time if he was that far behind (clutch, race gas, more boost and more fuel also).
Old 01-21-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
I think you have more street races than anyone.... .
haha- tell me about it. sad thing is my car isn't even fast- it just goes to show all you REALLY need to play on the street is a low 12 second car. most of the time you'll be allright.

once the 272/280 evo gets the juice i anticipate having trouble with him with my immediate setup, but that is no problem because i have a tnt kit that is going on sometime in the spring.

the silver one would've beaten me if he could've hit every gear clean- but he didn't so i got him.