Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bored, revved at and tried to arange a race with WRX for $$$

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:38 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bored, revved at and tried to arange a race with WRX for $$$

I was following a blue WRX (non STI, but had mods per owner). I asked if he raced for money after he revved his car for about 30 seconds at me. He said "pinks", I said fine, mine is at my house, but I would also race for cash. He said how much I said $500, then he looked funny, so I said I would put up $1000 to his $100, to which he said "puu over at the gas station up ahead. I hit it to let them hear what reving is all about. At the gas station, three teenage kids get out, I pull out the money, he wants me to pop my hood, I agree. I point out where my nitrous solenoid is missing (just sent back to NX for inspection/rebuild due to a severe leak). He and his friends were looking around, so I said I would put up $2000 to there $100, and showed them the money. Then I said I would give them 2 cars from a dead stop. The passengers were wanting the driver to do it, but he declined.

I know it is not fair to pick on a non sti WRX, but I was real bored and couldn't find anything else. Now everyone can tell me how I shouldn't pick on teenagers in slow cars, etc.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let you know most of the built wrx's are non-sti's. He just didn't have much for you. Most of the fast imports won't rev their motor at you. Sounds like it would have been an easy 100 bux for you. Steve
Old 01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont feel bad about that, the dumbass revved on you and then backed out like you knew he would. I think its a disease that whatever car teenage kids drive, they think it's the fastest thing ever.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Teching In

I don't know why, but your post is wicked hilarious to me.

Good on ya. Nice to see a board veteran giving kids what for.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Thats funny i thought my 79 280 was the fastest thing on wheels( i had the disease) when i bought it, i was 16 and if i remember correctly i never won a race before i put it in the woods.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Banned

HAHAHA, thats got to hurt Steve. I used to own a 5.4L crown vic, i know the feeling.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most of the fast WRX's won't rev, it was prolly pretty easy for you to tell that they didn't really know what they were doin. But there are some quick Scoobies out there, my cousins 02 would take you off the squeeze, especially if you gave him any lead.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man, I have known you since I have been on this board...

And i will say I would almost would have prefered my nuts in a vice over dealing with that kind of asshat....
Old 01-21-2006, 09:16 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
Most of the fast WRX's won't rev, it was prolly pretty easy for you to tell that they didn't really know what they were doin. But there are some quick Scoobies out there, my cousins 02 would take you off the squeeze, especially if you gave him any lead.

I wish your cousin's 02 was around here and had some money to race with....he runs 10's in his scoobie? He had better to run with me off the bottle...

I really don't like imports because we just don't have any fast ones around here I guess and the associated ignorance/attitude they all seem to have.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SDB
I wish your cousin's 02 was around here and had some money to race with....he runs 10's in his scoobie? He had better to run with me off the bottle...

I really don't like imports because we just don't have any fast ones around here I guess and the associated ignorance/attitude they all seem to have.
Ya nevermind, he's mid 12's right now, i thought you were in your GTO since it says you have spray . After his project is completed, he'll be around 750rwhp (and yes i know i said rear wheel). We do have a couple 10 sec. scoob's here though. Quite a few quick imports around here.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:47 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

We don;t have hardly any fast imports around here...kind of wish we did, more to race then. We have a supra with 800 rwhp that is very nice, but he only wants to race from a roll on the highway. I know there are 10 second (and faster) imports around, but not any around my neck of the woods (other than the above mentioned supra obvously).

SDB