Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Friday Night Antics...

Old 01-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Friday Night Antics...

So Friday night (last night) was the first time I really got a chance to enjoy/mess around with the Camaro. So I think I'll share the few goofy/kill stories that happened... I might have more tomorrow, from tonite haha.

#1 - I changed at work so I could just leave to go out with friends. I get about a block away from where we normally meet up (local pool hall) and proceeded to go thru 1st, 2nd, and 3rd all pretty hard. Then came into a lot filled with my friends, and some out-of-town kids. These kids I hadn't seen before, they had a few imports/compacts (like my friends, but much lower quality work done, lots of primer and APC stuff, you know the type). Evidently they were all talking a lot about thier cars and how great they are, and directly after they heard me coming and I showed up, the went dead silent (so I was told from friends who were there before me). One kid talks up all his boys about his "stage 2" (BFD) SRT4, and then says to me he wants to race on the highway. I show him my gas gauge (it's sitting on 'E') and say, let me get gas and I'm down. Then I ask (half-joking) if he wants to put money up. His friends are all like "man he'll kill you with the turbo..."etc. This kid thought for a sec and says "nah man, I'm damn near broke". So I said ok, I'll be back in 10, you can come with me to get gas or wait here with my/your friends. They said they'd wait. I leave and put a half tank in, come back and only my friends are there. My buddies said they cleared out the second I left. Saying they had to "be somewhere". hahaha

#2 - I'm an idiot for this... But it proves my theory that, around here cops like domestics, not imports/compacts. (I got pulled over a lot with everything else I had besides this car. Everything else I had was an import)
There was an accident in another town last night that involved two cars street racing, I don't know the details of it, but I know in Whitehall (just a bit north of Allentown, where we hang out) the cops were out in FORCE because of this. We found this all out, AFTER we got into whitehall. One the way back to allentown, my buddy AJ (driving a minivan with camera equip and other stuff) and I get caught at a stoplight. He revs the van at me as a joke to see if I'll give him a show in the Camaro. So the light drops and I take off, I hammer first and shift to second so hard, my passenger's hot choc (Who drink hot choc anyways?!) goes all over him. He then spots a cop and yells to tell me. I put it in 5th and slow down, move over to lanes to the right and head to get on the highway, expecting the cop to throw on the lights and follow me. He doesn't, I found out from AJ (who was way behind), that the guy lipped on the light bar, and then just flipped it off, and didn't move. HA!
I'm lucky tho... definitely...

#3 - Later on, about 130am. My buddy Aaron gets off work and says he's coming out to meet up. So he gets there, (with his 95 Civic hatch, B18C1 (GSR) swap and Drag turbo kit - 300whp - 2200lb car) and we proceed to decide we are all hungry, so we head to the diner which is like 6 miles away. We take the highway and he and I do a pull from 60-130mph. Now he can only get about 80% throttle because it's so cold out the car overboosts and the ECU cuts fuel (worried that the car will detonate too much), he still won but 4 car lengths or so at 130. Which isn't bad considering his car weighs 1400lbs less and has only 35-45 less whp than mine. Good fun for all, the food was good too.

Til tomorrow....
Old 01-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THe cop figured you would turn into a chase and didnt want that as he knew he wouldnt catch you. Cops dont do chases much anymore. Too much problems w/public endageerment. at least, thats what the policy is here i belive.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Might be, might be because I slowed down right away. Maybe he figured I learned my lesson sorta? Or maybe it's because I got on the highway right away? Idk
Old 01-21-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like you had some fun last night
Old 01-21-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

is there anything worth racing up there? also is there a good strip (1/4 mile from a dig) to even run on? i would head up sometime, not too far from my house but i didn't think there were any fast cars in a-town/whitehall.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
is there anything worth racing up there? also is there a good strip (1/4 mile from a dig) to even run on? i would head up sometime, not too far from my house but i didn't think there were any fast cars in a-town/whitehall.
In the summer when all my friends are out, there's A LOT to race...
1 - 700+ whp (pump gas) single'd Supra
1 - 550whp (race gas) single'd Supra
1 - BPU+++ Stock Twin Supra
1 - LS1 f-body with a built block and a twin kit (finishing it up now)
1 - EVO with a turbo upgrade
1 - Single'd Fox body 5.0 with a built block (500+ whp - In the process of tuning it now)
2 - E46 M3s with a few mods
1 - My car (which just has a few light mods)
1 - GTO
1 - Jetta GLI with a VR6 swap and a Supercharger running 8psi (MK2 Jetta, super light)
1 - Turbo Civic (Aaron, mentioned above) with about 300whp.
1 - C6 coupe. Not sure on mods (maybe nothing yet)

Thats all I can remember right now.
Currently... My car, the C6, the GTO, the Civic, the 500whp and stock twin Supras, M3s, GLI, and the Fox body are running. The other supra, f-body, and evo should be running later in spring.
Come on up and hang out dude... We have plenty of fun even when we aren't racing, everyone is between 20-26, we have good times.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

no ****- looks like i'd only be in the mid pack judging by those #'s, some of those cars sound nasty...

i'll definetly make it a point to head up. where do you guys hang? i sort of know macarthur blvd and the whitehall mall but that's kind of the extent of my knowledge of that area.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could bring up the tail end of things
Old 01-22-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Second Club

you from pa?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Feel free to come down guys.
We normally cruise to sheets (on macarthur road) once a night but... we actually hang out/meet at Gallery Billiards in South Whitehall. It's right off the 222 exit on 78.
If you guys want ... just IM me sometime on AOL instant messenger... my s/n is Futures84
Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Launching!

Oh and the only thing that happened tontie was that i lost to a friend's M3 ... I think my car needs tuning or is running rich or something...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/440790-ls1-z28-vs-2005-m3.html - take a look, help me out.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

i have hptuners for 1998 and 1999 f-bodies. im very familiar with tuning, did both of my cars myself and have had awesome results (track times speak for themselves imho). if you need a tune we can hook up sometime and i'll do it relatively cheap. i can get it VERY close without a wideband but a perfect tune will require you to rent some dyno time and have me there.

to give you an idea, my old car with a street tune- when i took it to the dyno i only had to lean it out 2% after 5krpms to get the a/f perfect 13.0/1 across the board!!! like stated i can get the street tune very close.

or you can always waste your $ and just hand it over to some shop, not knowing what they really did and just taking their word for it.

Last edited by sleeperstyle; 01-22-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Old 01-22-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey, im from about 35-40 minutes north (bangor) but ive been down that way on a friday night before, and im always in allentown/bethlehem for work. the amount of rice down there is insane. I pulled into sheets with my car and they had the same reaction as to your car... they all went quiet and stared

the cops were swarming all over and there wasnt much fun to be had. did see a group of ricers get busted for racing when I cop was just sitting right at the intersection there at sheetz and saw the whole thing go down. it was hilarious.

I can't believe theres that much power and variety down there. when my car was running I was getting REAL tired of being surrounded by ricer imports (not always a bad thing) up in stroudsburg where the nearest "hot spots" are. there were some fast cars, like an STi, 04 cobra, 02 WS6 with nitrous, but few and far between. most of them were hondas with body kits and little to no power mods at all. I would love to go to a meet where theres people with common rides. Im about the only F-body enthusiast in my area! Only problem is the ride, its a good 25-30 miles from here to get to sheetz which is 2-3 gallons of gas lol.

i'll get a hold of ya on aim!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
i have hptuners for 1998 and 1999 f-bodies. im very familiar with tuning, did both of my cars myself and have had awesome results (track times speak for themselves imho). if you need a tune we can hook up sometime and i'll do it relatively cheap. i can get it VERY close without a wideband but a perfect tune will require you to rent some dyno time and have me there.

to give you an idea, my old car with a street tune- when i took it to the dyno i only had to lean it out 2% after 5krpms to get the a/f perfect 13.0/1 across the board!!! like stated i can get the street tune very close.

or you can always waste your $ and just hand it over to some shop, not knowing what they really did and just taking their word for it.
Yeah, well there are two local places that I can get dyno time cheap from. So it shouldn't be a prob. I'd like to get dyno tuned AND get street tuned so part throttle cruising runs leaner for better MPG. if you can handle all that... I'm down. Hit me up on AIM dude. Futures84 is the s/n, or PM me for my cell #

Originally Posted by zigroid
hey, im from about 35-40 minutes north (bangor) but ive been down that way on a friday night before, and im always in allentown/bethlehem for work. the amount of rice down there is insane. I pulled into sheets with my car and they had the same reaction as to your car... they all went quiet and stared

the cops were swarming all over and there wasnt much fun to be had. did see a group of ricers get busted for racing when I cop was just sitting right at the intersection there at sheetz and saw the whole thing go down. it was hilarious.

I can't believe theres that much power and variety down there. when my car was running I was getting REAL tired of being surrounded by ricer imports (not always a bad thing) up in stroudsburg where the nearest "hot spots" are. there were some fast cars, like an STi, 04 cobra, 02 WS6 with nitrous, but few and far between. most of them were hondas with body kits and little to no power mods at all. I would love to go to a meet where theres people with common rides. Im about the only F-body enthusiast in my area! Only problem is the ride, its a good 25-30 miles from here to get to sheetz which is 2-3 gallons of gas lol.

i'll get a hold of ya on aim!
Yeah, Like I said, we cruise to sheetz for fun, but never stay there. We meet in Allentown (actually right on the border of Allentown and South Whitehall, on 222). IM me anytime dude... altho with class and work I'm usually only after 10pm on weeknights. Or PM me for my cell #. Maybe we can get both you guys down sometime soon.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

RideZX-6R, I think I may have met you one night when I was cruising in Allentown and pulled into the pool hall lot. I had the blue SS that was cammed.

Zigroid, I wish I had known you were on the board when I lived in Bangor. I just moved away a couple of months ago. I saw your car go by my place in Delabole a couple of times. Sounded really nice. I never saw you while I was out in the SS though.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
RideZX-6R, I think I may have met you one night when I was cruising in Allentown and pulled into the pool hall lot. I had the blue SS that was cammed.

Zigroid, I wish I had known you were on the board when I lived in Bangor. I just moved away a couple of months ago. I saw your car go by my place in Delabole a couple of times. Sounded really nice. I never saw you while I was out in the SS though.

Perhaps? I don't recall a Blue cammed SS, but how long ago was it? I have a bad memory haha.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that was in October some time. I talked to Cory (had a C5, now has a Supra) and another guy with a LS1 WS6. There were several people in the lot that night. That was the only time I made it down there before I moved.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
I think that was in October some time. I talked to Cory (had a C5, now has a Supra) and another guy with a LS1 WS6. There were several people in the lot that night. That was the only time I made it down there before I moved.
The LS1 WS6 could have been Corey's little bro Donovan (Pewter WS6) or Greg, who had a Yellow WS6. Corey sold the Supra to our buddy Brian (who previously had a Black z06) and recently picked up a used 2004 GTO. Greg Bought a C6 coupe (also yellow) and Donovan still has the pewter WS6.
If I was there I probably had a VW then, it might have been while I was still living in MD tho ... I Moved back like the 2nd week of Oct to PA.

But yeah, Corey is one of my best friends. We goto the gym together all the time and usually go out with our g/f's too. He's a good guy, he helped me put in the rear in the Z28 when it went.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I checked out your car page. I SWEAR I saw it before. bear with me here...
I was in stroudsburg in july last year. I know because I was in my 68 bonneville since my firebird was down getting the 383 put in . I was on business 209 heading towards the light & KFC at 191. I passed this blue SS that sounded great, I knew it had a cam installed. Some guy was driving it, looked to be 20s or so and I *THINK* there was a girl in the car. was that you?

Yeah, Like I said, we cruise to sheetz for fun, but never stay there. We meet in Allentown (actually right on the border of Allentown and South Whitehall, on 222). IM me anytime dude... altho with class and work I'm usually only after 10pm on weeknights. Or PM me for my cell #. Maybe we can get both you guys down sometime soon.
that would be cool. My car will probably be down for a little while but I'll have her back on the road hopefully when it starts getting warmer out.

Last edited by zigroid; 01-25-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Search this Thread