Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Came across a true sleeper...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Came across a true sleeper...

I was at the gun range yesterday with a buddy when we got to talking to this swollback guy in his fifties who was shooting a 50 cal handgun. Anyway, as the conversation ends he says he's gotta go so he can go fill up his nitrous bottle. I then asked if he had a hot rod at the house and he said no, its for my truck and points.

I smile thinking what a crazy *** redneck to put nitrous on a work truck. We go over to it and its a 96 Z71 with 33" tires(I think) and a little lift. He then starts talking about its mods. It has a built motor with a Whipple @ 12lbs with methanol injection and a 150 shot of nitrous to go with it! His tool box in the bed carries his nitrous bottle, two methanol pumps, and a good size compressor for his train horn, lol. His alarm is also connected to his tool box lid and if the alarm goes off, the train horn sounds, which was loud as hell.

Needless to say, this was one redneck truck that would haul some serious ***!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you ever seen the movies "hornblasters" on streetfire? funny *** ****. sounds like a dope truck
Old 01-26-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow that does sound like a bad truck! i am a fan of sleepers and you can really pull that off in a work truck or any stock appearing truck....

just like Parish's turbo 408 LS1 silverado
Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
you ever seen the movies "hornblasters" on streetfire? funny *** ****. sounds like a dope truck
those are some of the funniest video. and that horn is CRAZY loud. sounds like he had a lot of money in that truck. and not to hijack or anything but can someone explane methanol injection to me. i've heard so many things about how this car had meth injection or hes running meth injection on his truck. so can someone break it down? its probably really simple and i'm just stupid.

josh
Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

If you ever run into him again, get piics!

-Will
Old 01-26-2006, 11:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by LSfast1
those are some of the funniest video. and that horn is CRAZY loud. sounds like he had a lot of money in that truck. and not to hijack or anything but can someone explane methanol injection to me. i've heard so many things about how this car had meth injection or hes running meth injection on his truck. so can someone break it down? its probably really simple and i'm just stupid.

josh
jsut a way to cool the intake charge dramaticly
Old 01-26-2006, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

cool. thanks for the response.