Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'05/06 Gto A4 Vs M6 Ls1 Camaro/trans Am??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '05/06 Gto A4 Vs M6 Ls1 Camaro/trans Am??

If both cars are well driven which car is faster between the LS2 GTO A4 and the M6 LS1 Camaro/Trans AM?? My guess is on top end the power difference would give the advantage to the GTO but from a stop the F-Bod has the upper hand.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
If both cars are well driven which car is faster between the LS2 GTO A4 and the M6 LS1 Camaro/Trans AM?? My guess is on top end the power difference would give the advantage to the GTO but from a stop the F-Bod has the upper hand.
With a good launch the TA should be able to stay infront of the GTO till probably somewhere in 3rd gear, top end the GTO will have a lil more pull, but there is the weight issuse as the GTO weighs considerbly more then the TA stock for stock it would be a good run 1/8 mile TA 1/4 Gto
Old 01-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
With a good launch the TA should be able to stay infront of the GTO till probably somewhere in 3rd gear, top end the GTO will have a lil more pull, but there is the weight issuse as the GTO weighs considerbly more then the TA stock for stock it would be a good run 1/8 mile TA 1/4 Gto
I agree. Gm makes good autos in their cars but it still would take the A4 longer to pull than the M6 GTO.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

I would smoke stock LS2 GTOs when i ONLY had a lid and catback. IMHO they don't stand a chance against an excellent running, well driven M6 01-02 F-body. I would pull through the entire rpm range. Its weird but the '04s always did better against me.

Quick Reply: '05/06 Gto A4 Vs M6 Ls1 Camaro/trans Am??