Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99TA vs. 06 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99TA vs. 06 Z06

this just happened to me so im still a little I finally had a chance to run a new Z06... ok he had a mild loupey cam so i knew at high speed i was past toast... but i figured from a 30 role or so i could make it a decient race for a minute.. First race dead stop.. i hole shot him really bad 1 1/2 cars outa first gear, for once i had good clutch pressure and was able to bang 2nd hard, and for some reason my tires stuck... i dont know why but i was happy they did, my friends watchin the race said he kicked out sideways a little bit hitting his 2nd gear, and he got off the throttle, all i could do was scream hell ya, i thought he backed off cause i was pullin him like that... I have only once in my life been more wrong race#2 we line up again this time rolling about 25.... 3 honks and both his tires and mine blow up in smoke, bang 2nd gear same result, smokin the tires we both got traction about 5k or so 2nd, bang 3rd gear and the damndest thing happens, that damn car sprouted wings. I i shut down at the top of 3rd (6700 rpms) and his taillights were small.. it left me in a state of the top end of those cars is riduculous... i say top of 3rd he had damn near 3 cars on me
Old 01-27-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Depending on his mods he might not have hooked until third gear. As strong as third is in an F-bod, it is that much STRONGER in the light *** Z06. Add some spray and race him again.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Depending on his mods he might not have hooked until third gear. As strong as third is in an F-bod, it is that much STRONGER in the light *** Z06. Add some spray and race him again.
spray and also a T-rex cam, afr heads, lsx and tb, 4:10 gears, and some traction.... i think that outa put a new zo6 behind me..
Old 01-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Don't you think with those mods 4.10's would overkill? My buddy with similar mods did nothing but spin with his 4.10's.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99CobraNix
Don't you think with those mods 4.10's would overkill? My buddy with similar mods did nothing but spin with his 4.10's.
yes and no.. street tires those mods will spin halfway through 3rd but my buddy had about the same mods just not as an extreme cam as the t-rex and he ran bfg dr's and was able to hook up pretty good.. had to pedal first gear though.. if it spins too bad then im goin to down size to 3:73's with those mods im hoping i can get into the low 10's or high 9's what do yall think is that possible??