Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

It's good to be king...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default It's good to be king...

...even if it is for only a few minutes....even if it isn't in my own ride.

Got time for my bullshit today?....sweet! Read on.

Most of you may or may not know, my cars down soo....I had a 2006 DTS Cadillac this weekend(very pimp ride). I brought this boat out to the street races...which was pretty funny and a hole nother story by itself but, i'll spare you.

...I get there,..and meet up with my boy, who owns a black vette I work on...a black Z51 C6 with coilovers, 335 fikse's(black) fullexhaust, vararam, and diablo tune. Car makes 399.6 rwhp ...lets call it 400 to the ground.

I get out of the LAC,...all cripled and ****, since I also have a torn ACL,..micnicious(or some ****).....so I got a brace on is what I'm trying to say.

I tell him it's been a while since I've driven a 6 speed car, hard.

He throws me the keys. great friend. I hop in the car bymyself, some dude ask if he can go with me,...I said sure.

...I pull out,..in front of eveyone,...immediatly start banging gears,..1 thru 4th full throttle. Didn't pay attention to speed, so don't ask. All I care about is rpm,...which I went up to about 5500 in 4th. Not that fast.

...anyways,..a BLUE COBRA is on the side of the road up ahead. Who now pulls out behind me as I pass him. Just so everyone knows, this is in the middle of nowhere, so, this guy pulled out behind me to race,...it wasn't like he was puling out of a friggin' mcdonalds or something.

...I make the U turn,.. he follows. pulls along side me, and sure enough, this is the same friggin cobra I raced in my OWN car a couple of months ago. (I walked him then from a roll, @ 4th gear)

...we go from a second gear roll, I must have been at around 5700 rpm or soo... I beep, three times, pull about a foot on him, powershift 3rd,....pull about another foot....steadily pulling away slowly,..BANG 4th gear....bye bye mustang........

....then I pulled some crazy roadrace manuever on his ***,....braked hard, then busted a uie,....and went back to the races and gave this man his car back.

Pretty fun race....

when we get back, all kinds of cars start calling "ME" out. from bikes, to whatever.

...one of those cars was a YELLOW cobra.

This time is was my boys chance or time to race.

we did, from a dig. It was pretty much the same exact race . The two cobras must have the same or similar power output,...cause the vette won the same way. Just kept pulling on him nicely.

We then went from a roll... Again, same thing.

It was fun, for me anyways, since its been a while since I've been in one.

sorry for the long BS....

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 01-30-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm , sounds like fun. I wish my friends had vettes that i could take out and destroy Cobras with.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RedlineBrian
Hmmm , sounds like fun. I wish my friends had vettes that i could take out and destroy Cobras with.
I agree! Sounded like he had a ball. Hopefully, that will be my next toy. Damn 01 and 02 z06s are pretty cheap now I think. I mean around 30k isn't bad for that much muscle.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah...it's 10 times funner when I get the keys to my cousins MTI Z07 http://www.motorsporttech.com/custom...jdeubel01.html

...and spray it.

You can pick up FRC's and Z06's nowadays for pretty decent prices, considering what your getting. I've owned a cobra before,....so I know the difference.....

It was a fun night,.. I needed to get behind the wheel and have sex with a car again.

Nothing like a 150 mph orgie.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

...oh, did I mention, I have a video of this race, from a vette that was trailering behind us.

When i can,...i'll see If I can get the video dropped off, and posted.

We also have a in car 191mph video of the same vette we raced the cobra's in....on the same night.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats cool and all, But i dont drive other people's stuff. I had the chance to drive one of my client's cars, a 71' Pantera pushing around 425 bhp (crate motor I belive). And declined. The car was out of my price range, not gonna endager it, but he did give me a HELL OF A RIDE IN IT!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

BTW, good kills
Old 01-30-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Thats cool and all, But i dont drive other people's stuff. I had the chance to drive one of my client's cars, a 71' Pantera pushing around 425 bhp (crate motor I belive). And declined. The car was out of my price range, not gonna endager it, but he did give me a HELL OF A RIDE IN IT!!!

i'm his friend,...and technician.

He will not let ANYONE drive his car. It's kinda funny. I taught him how to drive bro,...so it's cool. Taught him how to powershift, and how to launch. I help him out alot,...working on his car and stuff. I don't ask for anything in return. The drive was a nice way to pay me back.

You think thats bad, you should see me driveing my boys viper ACR @ 185mph with him rideing passenger.

Nothing like good friends brother,..nothing like 'em. Most of my friends, I consider brothers anyways... it's all good. If they want, they know they can drive my car anytime as well. Which I do offer,...just nobody ever accpets....
Old 01-30-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

give me a break man, I let my friend drive my vette when I changed the cam....its no big deal if hes a good friend of yours.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

rich bastards!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
rich bastards!!!

lol....
Old 01-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

Hey, I never said YOU WERE WRONG, I simply stated what I felt, im 20, I cannot afford a screw up in someone elses car. Your situations are obviously different.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish my friends had vettes that i could take out and destroy Cobras with.
I wish anyone in our town other than the retired 60 year olds had corvettes in my town
Old 01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW v-seriestech that is a nice vette
Old 01-31-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TNMuscle
BTW v-seriestech that is a nice vette

Cool deal man. Thanks the blue one is my cousins, if thats the one your reffering to. That thing is badass....and well known in south florida. Mine is white,...not as modded.

The black C6 that I raced the cobras in, wants nitrous this week so,...that car outta run a little better.

Noticed in your sig you've got some classic's....nice. My dad just took apart the front of his 67 SS el camino, since the rest of the body is rusting away.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey, I never said YOU WERE WRONG, I simply stated what I felt, im 20, I cannot afford a screw up in someone elses car. Your situations are obviously different.

Honestly dawg....I can REALLY drive a car, any car(or bike). Word gets around,...and people just throw you keys. As big headed as that sounds,...it's the truth. Some people were built to be doctors,..some cops(poor bastards)....I was built to drive. drive cars since I was 14 years old. Never owned an automatic in my life.

And pound the pink

I'm 27 now, and I have been driveing 400 plus rear
drive cars since I was 14 years old...go carts and dirt bikes before that. Never owned an automatic in my life.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Dude, I think you are your biggest fan.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I agree, probably quite a few 'good' drivers on the forum. J-Rod, for sure and I've seen a vid of unit213. Both excellent drivers, they wouldn't come out and say it though.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am.

No doubt in my mind, a badass driver.

Not here to make friends...or to debate driving skills. All I will say is anytime, any place. Not saying I am the only person in the world that can bang gears either. Just saying I can bang them with the best.

Thanks for your opinions,...again,...anytime.

On that note,...ask me how many parts i've broken.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 01-31-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

quite possibly.

I know my car doesn't like me.