Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Would you call me a jerk?

Old 02-05-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you call me a jerk?

I see a lot of post on here like "this stupid kid pulls up next to me in a accord and starts revving his engine" just an example. But when me and my friends ride around in his excursion, or his llittle acura, if we pull up to something fast, we try to race them, if nothing less, to see how fast it is or to hear how good it sounds. Does that make us "punks"?

You know what Im trying to say? heres a good example, we were moving some funiture and pulled up next to a Z06, so we revved the engine at him, oh by the way we were in a moving truck, the light turns green we floor it, and the z06 flies by us, but we had a good laugh, and enjoyed seeing it. But I figure the guy in the vette thought we were idiots. Although if I get a chance I always give them a thumbs up...

does anyone else do anything like that, and how do you react when its done to you?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

i race people all the time that i know can beat me. im sure if a moving truck reved at me id know he just wanted to see me run.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Launching!

jerks...no

punks....yes
Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I had a kid in a NAPA part's delivery truck want to run me from a light once. At the green he gave that little toyota all he had, I mean, he was banging those gear's. I let him take the lead and just kept pace with him. As he hit third he swung his head over to look at me. I couldn't hold it in any longer and started cracking up. He started laughing too, gave me a wave and turned off.
That was fun.
This next one was not.
I was driving home about 2 am and this saturn pull's beside me and start's the old speeding up and slowing down routine. I give him a glance and shake my head no.
A Saturn?
He keep's reving the engine, then all at once he swerve's into my lane to force me off of the road. Almost hit the sidewalk.
It wasn't fun anymore. I dropped back, swung around behind and passed him on his driver's side and hit the brake's, stopping his car. I jumped out and took off after him,
but he was able to back up quicker then I could run, little *****.
That was a weird thing to happen, and hopefully won't happen again.
No, I don't mind the ricer's, or anyone else just screwing around. It's all good to me.

2001 Z-28/ A4/ SLP lid/ Magnaflow/3000 stall
Old 02-05-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoy it when someone rev's at me in something that is obviously a joke.
Pickup pulling a boat
Garbage truck with the quy hanging off the side.
I even revved at an icecream truck one day just because I had my son with me and wanted to **** him off.
I enjoy it when people don't take themselves too seriously
Old 02-05-2006, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

yeah if its just some guys in a truck i'll rev up the straight pipes for them. the other day i did that and the guy just looked stunned and said "that's a mean son of a bitch!"

I don't mind whomping on it for kids that just want to see it go as long as they're cool about it. I'll even wind it up in park for the neighborhood kids because they love it.

what pisses me off is when people take it too far like the guy in the saturn a few posts up.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

once passed a neon in the middle turn lane, no one else present and let him get back next to me and he through a f'n fountain soda i my car! four guys in there, me and one other person in mine... I caught up and got him a a stop light got out and they rolled up the windows and locked the doors... ive never seen a window flex so much... didnt break just scared the **** out of him
Old 02-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Teching In

My friends have commuter cars, old CRX and SI hatches (circa early nineties), they are their slow cars but its fun to play around with others...if they're laughing and friendly who cares who revs?
Old 02-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with it. I used to drive a crown vic, and i could appreciate american muscle (or import for that matter, if tasteful) and I used to LOVE to see em' go. It does make you rather childish though, for $10 you can watch 800+rwhp cars go at it all night at a local drag strip(assuming you have one). Lol, nothing really wrong though, unless you get a ticket.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

I see it alot depending on my mood most of the time I think it is kind of cool! I even started talking to one guy who tried to do that to me in front of a bunch of cops. It ends up alot of people just want to see the car haul A!!
Old 02-05-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think theres nothing wrong with that. I used to do it all the time when I drove a 99 chrysler sebrine LXi...how do you spell that? Obviously your not really trying to race...you just wanna see a badass car go.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned

Yep. Its all in fun, hell, I would "run" a viper/ford GT/Z06 C6 just to see it go.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I guess the type of day your having could determine wether or not you could laugh it off.
We never do anything stupid like throwing sodas, cause i know how id react to something like that.
Well good to see we don't have a bunch of tight a$$es here.....
Old 02-06-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If i'm in any vehicle,..and something fast pulls up. I tell them to let me hear it,...or smoke em up....or something. If they give me a dick headed look, or say something stupid,..then I start talking **** and tell them how slow there car is.

There is no reason for someone to be a dick about it....if you just want to hear or see it run.

Everyone pulls up to me and tell me to get on it. As long as there isn't a cop around,...I have no problem whatsoever playing around.

J
Old 02-06-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Funny this should happen....

just went on a test drive around the block...

...a black GTS coupe with silver stripes NEW BODY STYLE viper pulled alongside us in the turning lane. As we were going straight, he was turning right, I hung out the window and yelled "hit it"

....he looked at me, continued his turn, and goosed it, barely. It slid out maybe two inches. Kinda weak but, he atleast aknowledged me.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Teching In

lol i do tha same thang in my moms misitibushi (however ya spell it) galant...its been wrecked alil so have a cracked headlight and a lil bit sagging bumper...might be cause i like to race anything with an engine...lol...lol nobody will go for me though
Old 02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

it's spelled ... mesooshitty
Old 02-14-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I do this all the time in my mom's S10 Blazer. Most of the time I'm not taken seriously but the few times I am, if its a nice car, I give them a thumbs up.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Banned

SOme ******* in a base 99-04 mustang "buzzed" my car, got into my lane, all while blinking its lights and honking its horn madly and came within inches of hitting me, if they had pulled over before i had finished following them, i would have put them in a hospital or worse, that **** cuts ZERO ice with me, if you INTENTIONALLY put my car/me/anyone else innocent in danger to provoke me, all you are provoking is at least an SEVERE *** beating. that being said, i rev at someone if i wanna see em go
Old 02-14-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whoa dude!!! That guys was an idiot. The times I've done this I've never put some else in danger. I kinda rev my engine and take off faster but never provoke them as harshly. If someone did the same thing to me I would seriously be pissed off.

Search this Thread