Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford Gt Kill

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Gt Kill

Not a race but rather the death of a brand new Ford GT, the $160+K car. Was driving on route 9 in mass and notice traffic backing up pretty bad. Finally get to whats causing it and its a new ford gt absolutely demolished! Guy must have been going about 100+ mph as he hit a new street light pole and literally ripped the thing out of the ground! They had to cut the roof off and the rear window section all thew ay to the trunk to get the driver and his passanger out. Somehow they werent seriously hurt but the car was destroyed, I mean with the roof peeled back like that it looked like an open can of sardines. My question is does the ford gt come with a built in roll cage? Only reason I ask is that I have no idea how they survived, especially since they hit the light pole almost head on.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

That guy is probably now inspired to be a CADD chassis designer. Luck guy! What color was it?
Old 02-09-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its was the midnight blue with the white racing stripes, such a nice looking combo. Yea im still in shock that they survived as it looked like they hit the pole head on from the looks of the front end.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad death of such a beautiful car
Old 02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That frame is a great thing. AFAIK, aluminum space frame forms the chassis. Whats amazing is that that GT does not have aengine to absorb inpacts like our cars do. Imagine what could have happend if that massive OHC 5.4 had some forward into the cabin.

I dont know how lucky that guy feels losing one of the best drivers cars ever, but he is lucky.