Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Close call EVO race

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Close call EVO race

There's been this Evo, a grey MR I believe, I've been seeing around. We play around, blow off salutes, and can't do **** because of traffic. I'm driving around yesterday, and I see him making a right, and I pull up behind him to make a right as well. I don't even know if his is the same MR at this point nor could I talk to the driver afterward because of what happened...

He turns right, and I follow. As soon as he does, I don't think he noticed me because he's driving very slowly. I gas it and blow off, and now I got his attention with an open road ahead. He punches it before I could even look at the guy and I punch almost at the same time. From the sounds and looks, I surmise that he was a bolt-on Evo. He definitely had a catback by the sound. I pull him slowly, spinning my DR's in second, and then when I go through 3rd, I'm pulling him by 3-4 cars at the top of third. Before I could go into fourth, which I was debating because I was pulling WAY far ahead already, my radar detector goes off!!! POP.

I had no time to think... I just slammed on the brakes and almost immediately I see the officer pull into the road making a right INTO MY LANE, cutting me off badly while I'm already slamming the brakes. I'M SHITTING BRICKS at this point. I look into the rear view mirror, and I see that the Evo had slammed on his brakes out back when he saw me and turned a left down a random turn.

I pull around the officer so I wouldn't hit him, and as I'm going around, he gives me a very surprised and apologetic look, almost like saying sorry he cut me off... obviously he didn't notice me at all and cut me off by mistake because he didn't look when he turned (he missed one hell of a race ). While still shitting bricks, I breathe in and get into the bullshit role... I look at him hard shaking my head "no" like saying "buddy, pay attention here..." and look ahead and drive on ahead of him...

I turn down the road, stop my car, and let the shakes out. I thought I was getting arrested. This cop had no idea what the hell just happened!!!

I would have loved to talk to this EVO guy. I'm sure we could've had a cool chit-chat, and I wanted to ask him about his car.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

You are very lucky you did not get caught for racing.

Good kill though
Old 02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow, trust me.. it will be a while before I have the ***** to do that again. I can count on one hand how many times I have streetraced, and I don't post here often. I generally think of streetracing as a bad idea for the younger crowd... Alas, the streetrace bug bit me that day... DAMMIT.