Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Played with a magnum r/t

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Played with a magnum r/t

My brother and I were sitting around the house and were extremely bored. So I thought it would be fun to go driving around with cut out open on my car and see if we might be able to get a race in. We end up getting on the highway and maybe 1/2 mile on it some unknown dodge car speeds up right behind me. At first I thought that it was a srt-4 which made me kind of excited because I've been wanting to race one, but I couldn't tell because it was very dark out. I let this guy get beside me and I noticed it was a dodge magnum, but couldn't tell if it was the srt-8, r/t, or just the v-6. So this guy gets infront of me and I'm behind him maybe 3-4 cars behind and then he decides to punch it. He had about a 1/2 second jump on me, but I still manage to close the gap and then I pull into the other lane and our cars are now even. I would have been able to put some more cars on him, but I kind of noticed some cars that I was rapidly approaching, so I slow down as he just flies on by in his lane that was clear. We started from about 80-90 mph and I have no idea what speed we actually got up to, but my guess would be about 130 or so. I still don't know if it actually was a r/t, but it had dual exhaust and the srt-8 would have destroyed me.

I also had a funny race on my way back to college yesterday. I had my cut out open still and all of a sudden this kid in a cavalier starts to tail gate me. I just had the cruise control set at 80 mph and I was in the slow lane with no one else around, so there was no need for this. He finally just jumps around and starts to pace me, so I was like, what the fun are you trying to do. So I just floor it and get up to about 110. My best guess is that he just wanted to hear my car go WOT, so I didn't mind granting him the wish.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice Kill! LT1's do sound nice...better than LSX's (IMHO)
Old 02-13-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

magnums are slow. even the srt8 arent that impressive. dont confuse the magnums with the chargers. and even a charger you will take from a stop. if it was an r/t model.

it was probly a magnum R/T their 4K + lbs and only have like 340 hp or something. very heavy cars.

but you starting at 80 mph and and yourself only trapping 100 mph at the track it def wasnt an srt8 or srt of any kind. srt 4 through 10 would kill you from a roll. you just dont have topend to race from a roll. so stay away from the srt4 since they can trap 100mph stock. could have been an R/T model but ive seen non R/T's with dual exhaust also.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a Hemi charger...it was slow, good kill, sounds about right
Old 02-14-2006, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill, I think Dodge should come up with a HEMI sports car.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

regular Hemi 300c/Charger/Magnums are slow. it's the srt8 models to watch out for
Old 02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

It's true, if it were a srt8 I would have gotten owned. I just wish that we could have lined up first, but instead I started about 4 cars back and he had about a 1 second jump on me which could do a lot.