93.33%
-Bad Story-
6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Small Town... Racing... Wreck...

Old 02-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Small Town... Racing... Wreck...

BORGER...
well, as alot of you know, and maybe a few that don't, Borger, TX is a small town... there's nothing to do, nowhere to go within' 30 min., and all you have to do is work on your car and chill with your friends. Now, if you don't like long stories just pass this one by, but if you "do" like stories with alot of info, then this is it. The night stated out with me and a couple buddies just hanging out. After a trip up to the local Sonic, more and more cars began to show up. Lets see, there was an 04 cobra, a procharged firehawk(dunno the year) my T.A., Mustang GT, 5.0 mustang, SRT-4, camaro SS, An 03 Duramax diesel 2500(runs low to mid 12's i believe), a Chevy Silverado 5.3L, an Excursion diesel, an Audie TT, a 48' Chevy 4 window(basically a custom truck), and a couple other cars - daily drivers. In our town, most of the racing go's down on on a highway road out towards Panhandle. So here's the races that went down that i remember.
Kills, loses, and underdogs...
SRT-4 vs TA - my friend decides to jump on the first honk, pulls away about a car lenght and a half, then got stomped. I really enjoyed that one.
T.A. vs SS - this one is debatable... Good start, debatable finish... After the honks he pulled around 1/4 to 1/2 car away... now from what he told me, his second gear was acting up that night (auto), so after i pulled 3-4 cars, he let off and the race was over... My personal favorite of the night because of a little rivalry , the sound, and the simple fact that it was a good race.
TA vs 03 Duramax Diesel (round 1) - Went from a 30 roll... honked and listened to his turbo spool up. The diesel is fast, don't get me wrong, but from a 30 it makes almost no power so i walked away from it. End of race was 8 cars or more.After i turned of, 4th gear stuck and i had to mess with mine for 10 min. or so...
TA vs 03 Duramax Diesel (round 2) - this was the one that finally got me... Went from a dig... well, my launch was horrible, launched from 2k and bout killed it, while the diesel screamed away. Smoke, spool noise, and truck all left me me. In the 1/4 mile, he won by a car or more... street race, i finally caught his *** on top end and left . But, since 1/4 is all that matters, and this is LS1 tech i have to admit defeat and give him props on the kill. i got my §hit handed to me . Bad Diesel.
'48 Chevy vs Chevy Silverado (round 1) - the went from around a 30 roll, the silverado ran away for about 3 car lengths due to the '48's gearing screw up. In the 1/4 the race finish would have been close - street race, the '48 finally caught up and pulled away with it. Went for 1-2 car length and the race was over. '48 sounds mean, I'll have to post a sound clip of it taking off sometime.
'48 Chevy vs Chevy Silverado (round 2) - they decided to go from a dead... Launch was even for about 3 sec. then the '48 pulled away and just walked all over him. Good, kinda jokin race is a good way to put that one.
Mustang GT vs '48 Chevy - this was a surprise to me. They went from a 30 roll i believe, and were even through 2nd or 3rd. The '48 finally pulled it out, slowly but surely and pulled away from the GT. Was a good race to watch in amazement.
SRT-4 vs Excursion Diesel - This was more of a friend joking around race more than anything. The Diesel got a 5 car lead and the jump!! As soon as he took off, the SRT-4 was gettin' after it. Diesel hit 2nd and the dodge was already in 3rd. Would have been awsome to see in the 1/4 mile. It would have been a battle. Great race, good laugh, good times...
SRT-4 vs Audie TT- Ricers... end of story...
The §hit
Well, after all the races, a mysterious Grand-pre was discovered to have been following us... not only that, but the ******* decided to drive by, flip us off, and run off like the he was... now, if you knew my friends, you know what happend next. Everyone takes off after him and nearly drives his *** off the road. I personally, was watching laughing my *** off . So, after the scare to the guy, all five of us are coming back into town. Order
--> SS, Diesel, TA, Mustang GT, Mustang 5.0
When we finally get back, the spot (pre-race area) is filled with local police officers, just sitting and waiting. As we pass in a line, they pull out after us. No sirens or lights yet. If anyone was going to get busted... it was me... But, the situation change, and some wicked stuff went down... All cops are now behind the end of the line. Then one heads for the lead of the pack (They were gonna box the whole damn group in...) running past everyone in the turning lane... Well, as soon as the SS in the lead saw the cop, he was gone. Every light on top of every cop cars goes on, every petal is to the floor in all the cops cars, every siren yells, and they run past the 4 of us (all speeding by the way), and run after my bud, who was no-where to be seen but a mile or more ahead of us. I took the next right, and got back to my house going the speedlimit thinking the car behind me was a cop. Thank Jesus it turned out the be my bud in the 5.0. Then i get a phone call from my other friend in the Diesel teling me the story. I get picked up and here is what heppend...

WARNING: To all those who love their car, beware... the following may be offensive to an extent for you.
Well, he was plenty far away from the police officers when he tried to make a corner he couldn't make with his speed and bad brakes... Broke loose sliding all over the road, somehow blew a whole in his radiator, curb checked at 80 mph, lost control again, then jumped the curb ending his valiant effort to get away... Unfortantly it ended in his arrest, a messed up SS, and heartache for the guy. We sat at a restaurant parking lot as they loaded his car off a cement divider, took him to jail, and investigated the longest marks i've seen in a long time. I havn't been that scared in a long time. You know how after a good race, your hands get shakie? Well, i felt like they were having a siezure... An awsome night that turned to . That was my Saturday... And o man, what a awsome, horrrible day it was. lol, if you read through this beast, the least you could do is let me know how you felt about the story.
Chris
Old 02-13-2006, 12:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

he is out of his mind for running.... esspecialy in a small town... they will get you eventually. But him doing that probly saved all of you... he jsut got the **** end of the stick
Old 02-13-2006, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ What he said.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 AM
Teching In

You better darn believe the cops are gunning for the rest of you guys. It was probably the guy who flipped you off that gave them the heads up. That would have been a great night of entertainment for the police. Stay out of trouble, good story.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow dude. Sorry about your boy. Going to jail, sucks like no other.

I feel bad for his car as well.

I think YOU will be ok, with the johnny's. Just, NO RACEING for a while man.

If they wanted you, they would have had you. Just chill for a couple of weeks.

J
Old 02-13-2006, 09:41 AM
12 Second Club

Good story man and sorry about your friend but he shouldnt have run. Now he has no car and a record. Use this as a learning experience for you and the other guys. Don't run. Sorry you had a bad ending to a good night and i hope everyone is ok in the end.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn... so any chace they got your plates? How many 0ther navy blue TA's in Borger?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Awsome but damn scary story.....and that sucks for ur boy gettin put in jail...A definate hard lesson to learn
Old 02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Soory to hear that. You shouldnt run from the police though...unfortunatley thats the kinda sh#* that can and often does happen.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Three comments:
1) Good story and great buildup for the end. Better then F&F.
2) The SS should plead he wasn't "running" from the cops, but rather he was speeding and after seeing the cop lights, lost control while trying to stop. Evading arrest is much worse then wreckless.
3) The SS needs better brakes and tires for next time.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Anyone who runs from the police deserves what they get

Sucks about the SS
Old 02-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

2 other ta's in town. My bud bailed out and is just waiting to go get his car. it's funny cause he purposly avoids it. Im thinking seeing it is gonna kill him. I should have been busted and i am counting my prayers. No more hot roddin' for a couple weeks, and will just be racing where it is legal, the strip. Thanks for the comments.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

did he have any reason to run? besides just racing/speeding?

If not, and he ran from getting a speeding/racing ticket he is an idiot!!

Wow, this is messed up
Old 02-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

lol. no liscense, no tags, alot of illegal mods, and the shear fact that a fast car can get you away most of the time. Still a horrible idea to run. He says if he could go back and change what happend, he would.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Having been there, done that more than once (with the exception of wrecking and getting caught) I think I'm qualified to say "No brains, no headaches". Funny how ya do **** when yer young and dumb.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome Story! One of the best stories I've read here. You're very lucky, and you're friend...well, isn't quite so lucky. Hope he didn't get hurt, and hopefully all of you watching/running afterwards will have learned a valuable lesson.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

I was later told by the Borger police department that if we all have stoped that we all would have been taken to jail, so now my buddy feels better about him self that he took one for everyone so we could get away and knew there had to be some reason he ran. Lol, even if he got the Shi* end of the stick. Lol, im amazed at his atitude sometimes.
Chris

Last edited by BorgerTransAm; 02-14-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Teching In

I still dont understand why he ran. They were probably just messing with you. They knew you were racing but had no proof. Hence the no lights at first. Then your buddy ran and gave them reason to light em up. If you all just did the speed limit to where ever you were going, I bet no one gets arrested.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kurtdog
I still dont understand why he ran. They were probably just messing with you. They knew you were racing but had no proof. Hence the no lights at first. Then your buddy ran and gave them reason to light em up. If you all just did the speed limit to where ever you were going, I bet no one gets arrested.

I agree 100%. They could not arrest all of you because they heard you were racing. They could start pulling you over one at a time if they had probable cause. (i.e. no tags, tinted windows, etc.) Thats too bad about the SS/driver, did he have warrants or something that would make him want to run? If not, that was pretty stupid.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty stupid to be a mile ahead of the cops and still freak out to the point of wrecking his car.

Didn't he know his way around?

Jim

PS good story

Search this Thread