Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mwuahah redemption vs mustangs :P

Old 02-28-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mwuahah redemption vs mustangs :P

lol i love the fort campbell area.. so easy to get a race.

anyhow a nice looking 03-04 stang GT white with blue stripes is racing around with some ricer car. anyhow we would try and play around but traffic would not permit. well i hit a loop to come back around for another run down the road to see if i could pickup a race with someone. and to my surprise he did a u-turn off another road and also came to the stoplight i was going to. we was about the 3rd and 4th car back. i gave a nice REV behind him that im game. and i knew form the way this guy was driving as soon as we came up to where it goes into 3 lanes hes gonna jump over. so i was ready.. i thought. light goes green. and i wanted to be in the far lane before 30ish but couldnt he nails it and so do i... and DOH botom of second again vs a stang.... but what is this. muwahah in the bototm of 2nd i start pulling this guy. and as the rpms go up......i start walking him by 50 i was passed him and by 80ish i had a few car lengths on him. well i figured he had enough and im coming up to another light.

he is hanging behind me. and their is one lane left open to the left of me. and im thinking come on. get in that lane. which he does. i look over and say. "you stock" i seen them look at each other then the guy said yea it is. i said cool so am i... and he goes.. "but isnt that an ls1" and i paused for a second. and said well yea.. i really dont needs mods im already decently fast for a stock car. well i am tlaking and the light goes green and he just takes off but it didnt matter this time i had 1st gear to get my momentum going. and almost same time i went into 2nd gear i went by him. and walked him really hard. he gave up the second i passed him.

anyhow atleast now i know that other stang was fairly modded. since i was able to pull this one from the bottom of 2nd gear. and he was a manual.

him and his friends both looked liked they weighed probly about 150ish each. friend or not. wouldnt have changed the outcome anyhow. i just wish i knew what the other car had in it...

i also got a few races in with a new impala ss. which ofcourse i know more than anyone here probly of their capabilities since i had the Grand Prix GXP. and walked him pretty good. from about 50ish mph to about 80ish i would have 2-3 cars each time and pulling.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe it had a better driver in it...
Old 03-01-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

You live in the Campbell area? I live about 40 miles up the road in Madisonville. Yeah I love driving down there....In the summer time it REAL easy to to find someone to play with. I am coming home in June for a few days.....I might be able to bring a few freinds down and have a lil fun....Maybe meet up on the track and play a lil that....Who knows....
Old 03-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Teching In

nice kill on the gt....they are slow stock....he prob had and intake and exhaust and those stripes alone gave him 50 extra horses LOL n e ways nice kill
Old 03-01-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default come down.

yea come this way TAproject would be cool. their are a few modded ls1s around here. also a guy here with one in the 460 whp range its a 02 ss. and the same guy also has a wicked iroc-z also. the 1/8 track here opens march 11th. but bowling green opens on the 4th this saturday cant wait to take the car down and see what i run.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:58 AM
TECH Resident

Is your GXP fairly new(yeah I know dumb question)? I talked to a guy in Aug, who just got his, and my wife was really liking his car as well......He ran out at the track was running pretty decent..roughly 9's for his car, about the same as I was....I know I should be runing faster, but I had a bunch of bad launches, with TCS on, and just launching from Idle....
who know's maybe I will get a few good 3k launches(But on street Tires I doubt it).....
But one different form this next vacation is that I have been tuned....so that should help quicken me up a hair...LMAO
Old 03-02-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i ran 9.1@80 mph in the 1/8ths with a 2.3 60ft

but alot of the GXP guys run 8.7 to 8.9's if they gett a good launch.

i bought my GXP in july. i think its the best all around sedan out their hand down. nothing matches its performance/handeling/gas mileage and price.

gxp's on ave run 14 flats 13.9 13.8 and 13.7 have all been ahcieved in stock form all at 102mph. the 13.7 guy had the left headlight out to let air go straight into the airbox. but like the ls1. a GXP has been dynoed and it dynoed alittle over 260hp to the wheels. not sure of exact number. but we all agree the 303 hp is underated. alas.. i traded my GXP in for the TA. i wanted a fast car with a good aftermarket. the GXP aftermarket is just now getting started. and RWD is so much more fun.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

RWD is so much more fun.
I agree with you 100% on that.....so you got rid of the GXP and now have a TA? If so....sweet!! I will have to get down there one night. I know I have alot of traveling to do when I get home. Got to go to NH first for about a week, and get back fro the fourth of July....But I will try to get down there and hopefully bring some friends.....I am trying to get my buddies to come down and go to Hooters....Ya know kinda do a cruise and eat, maybe make a stop at the Warehouse if they have anything good going on.....

We shall see....Neil

Search this Thread