Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First race in the SS......

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First race in the SS......

I got my 00 auto SS, and had to see what it would do. It's no comparison to my 99 Silverado, but I needed to know how it would handle similar competition.

My buddy down the road has a 01 M6 SS SLP. My mods consisted of only a whisper lid. He has a lid and a cutout. I was expecting a loss, so no worries on my part. We go from a 30 punch. We are pretty close out the gate, but he has a continuous pull on me up to alittle over 100, then my car finally starts inching back up on him. We let off around 130-135 with me steadily gaining(as if it matters by that time).
Next race was from a 10 punch. I jump out on him about 1.5- 2 cars due to either his engine bogging or him spinning bad. We run up through the gears and he catches me a little before 100....then runs out on me steadily until I stop the pull and start inching back again.

Nothing fantastic by any means, but my first race with my new car. It's tough getting out of an 11 second truck and into a 13 second car, but the car just handles so much better overall.
I installed a cutout Friday, and I'm upgrading the truck with a higher stall converter, so the TCI 3000 is going into the car. Hopefully it will be a closer race with the TCI and the better gears. I've got the nx kit on the truck I could always yank off if I really wanted to beat him, but not quite ready to make the plunge with it yet. I enjoy hitting the gas in the truck too much as it is.

Also raced a 2002 Mustang GT with a Borla catback and some sort of tune. It was extremely ugly how bad the SS ran off on him spinning out of the hole and him hooking. Maybe its worn out?
Old 03-04-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice runs, looks like youve got a strong one.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice truck, my friend has a F150 with abour 300+ rwhp out of a built 351. It feels like a beast even though I know its only a high 14's vehicle, them trucks feel FAST!!!