Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

sad but funny mustang kill

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default sad but funny mustang kill

I am almost embarrassed to post this, but it was so funny to me and my friend while it was happening I have to share. Today on lunch my friend and I went out taking my old Mazda (92 MX3) to the sonic. As we were leaving this guy drives by reving up his mustang.
I get beside him ready to make the left turn he keeps reving away, its a 94-97 V6, has wierd body kit front, back and sides lights and wheels.
Light turns green, guy nails it, spins a lil and then moves on. My friend and I are laughing like what a Turd. he slows down to my speed just ahead and revs again, ok what the hell? First off the Mazda has forgotten more miles than the mustag will ever see ( 254,000) i have the 1.6 possibly 90 hp motor when it was new I have dents dints cracks and had a muffler before I knocked it off on a stump, this car lived through hell.
I down shift to 2nd my aswell as get out and push, but i pull this mustang! We start laughing from 35 to 50 we laughed all 30 seconds of it. Guy is pissed.

2 lights pass before we catch another one , he rolls up "you can't hang with out that nitrous you have" . WTF? what do I have a 5 shot? we're like yeah buddy you got us. "race me from a dig so you can't spray me"

So hes reving we're laughing light goes green. I bog down out of the hole he chirps pulls his nose ahead 3-4 feet, I pull back still hit second pull my door to his nose grind third , he pulls even then I pull back again to edge him out by a fender by 55
So afterwards he does a crawl by not looking and we turn off.
This is by far the funniest kill i've ever had and it was in my beater
Old 03-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, those V6 mustangs were an emberassment to us all : ( HOWEVER...the newer ones are pretty fast, MMFF did a buildup incolving induction/gears/tune and some slicks or DR, cant remember, and ran a 13.9@100 or something like that in a 5-speed 05 with 210rwhp (stock was like 170 or something). Hell, thats IMPRESSIVE!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those V6s were possibly one of the slowest cars on the planet, just above the 3 cylinder Geo Metro.

Good beater kill!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

An MX-3 beats a V6 Mustang.

Hahaha. Nice kill for the Mazda!

Dan
Old 03-05-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

I owned an 05' v6 vert. in my work car, A 05' 2wd v6 Equinox. I work security at the simi valley mall overnight. It was like 0430am and i forgot i had the light bar going the whole time. I was just driving around the mall talking on the phone to some chick. As i pull up to a 3-way stop, i see this stang sitting there, facing to my left, he rolls down his window and flips me off, then guns it. He got a jump, as i had to turn left to give chase, but i pulled and passed him by 70mph. I was surprised as hell, I never even thought i was gonna catch him before he got outta the parking lot. When we were stopped at the next stop sign i seen him shaking, and his gf looked like she was gonna cry.
I ended up just sitting at the stop sign laughing so hard i forgot why i chased him in the first place.

Last edited by djsanchez2; 03-05-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I have seen a 1997 Chevrolet Impala, V-6, Front wheel drive 4-door eat a 2000 V-6 Mustang at a race one day, that was some funny stuff. One guy in another little pony tried to run my Z28, he didn't know what Z28 meant. He found out the hard way....
Old 03-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
I owned an 05' v6 vert. in my work car, A 05' 2wd v6 Equinox. I work security at the simi valley mall overnight. It was like 0430am and i forgot i had the light bar going the whole time. I was just driving around the mall talking on the phone to some chick. As i pull up to a 3-way stop, i see this stang sitting there, facing to my left, he rolls down his window and flips me off, then guns it. He got a jump, as i had to turn left to give chase, but i pulled and passed him by 70mph. I was surprised as hell, I never even thought i was gonna catch him before he got outta the parking lot. When we were stopped at the next stop sign i seen him shaking, and his gf looked like she was gonna cry.
I ended up just sitting at the stop sign laughing so hard i forgot why i chased him in the first place.

I probably would have died had I seen that...lol...shaking/crying.... lol