Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.slow gets f$%&ed up

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.slow gets f$%&ed up

I have a friend who has an 89 5.0 mustang and thinks it's the ****. I had already raced it before and sent that pony to the glue factory. He recently had his traction lock rebuilt and 3.73 gears put in. All of a sudden he thinks he's god. My friend has an 01 SS thats lightly modded and he had recenlty ran an 11.90 at Houston raceway. Of course the mustang guy is gonna say it's slow and the call outs started. So we get on the highway and my friend races him first he has a 2000 Z-28 and walks him, so i step up and i walk him. It was rediculous. even with gears his car only gained a tenth of a second at the track. Then the excuses come....... then he wants to have a 60 ft. race cause he's on ET streets??????? So i called him a ****** idiot and that was that.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TX99LS1
I have a friend who has an 89 5.0 mustang and thinks it's the ****. I had already raced it before and sent that pony to the glue factory. He recently had his traction lock rebuilt and 3.73 gears put in. All of a sudden he thinks he's god. My friend has an 01 SS thats lightly modded and he had recenlty ran an 11.90 at Houston raceway. Of course the mustang guy is gonna say it's slow and the call outs started. So we get on the highway and my friend races him first he has a 2000 Z-28 and walks him, so i step up and i walk him. It was rediculous. even with gears his car only gained a tenth of a second at the track. Then the excuses come....... then he wants to have a 60 ft. race cause he's on ET streets??????? So i called him a ****** idiot and that was that.
Hehe classic..
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Lightly modded runs 11.90s? Some people have different definitions of modded I guess. The mustang guy must have some serious mods to think he can hang with 11.90s. You said the gears only knocked off a tenth for him...what were his times? Oh yeah, good kill.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

then he wants to have a 60 ft. race cause he's on ET streets??????? So i called him a ****** idiot and that was that.
A 60 ft race? lol.

"Alright, we'll line them up and race to that phone pole, which is about 60 ft away from us."
Old 03-08-2006, 06:27 PM
STF Veteran

nice kill hey btw wana send my pony to the glue factory???....jk man got try and take up for the mustang guys
Old 03-08-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Funny story.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some people just dont get it...
Old 03-08-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00 SLVR Z
A 60 ft race? lol.

"Alright, we'll line them up and race to that phone pole, which is about 60 ft away from us."

LOLLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him you want to race him from 60-0
Old 03-08-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by EvilStang
nice kill hey btw wana send my pony to the glue factory???....jk man got try and take up for the mustang guys
youuuuuu aaarrrrreeeeee ssssssslllloooowwwwww

Nice kill
Old 03-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Teching In

haha 5.slow ive got your 5.slow right here buddy. come get some!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 95blowncobra
haha 5.slow ive got your 5.slow right here buddy. come get some!

My liscense plate says 5.0KILLER, if that makes you feel any better.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a feeling V-serious would take you out Blown. You need more than 12 PSI to tangle with his FRC. From the one post i saw with a pic of it, it looked BEASTLY
Old 03-10-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Regular

I feel your pain tx99ls1 lol my friend kris has a 89 5.0 and he just changed his t5 trANNY FOR A T56, and he has a cam and 4.10 gears and he thinks hes got after putting the tranny in ... i just installed a 3600 stall and pretty nice cam and new mti stage 2 heads now lets see him talk good kill man.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stanger88
I have a feeling V-serious would take you out Blown. You need more than 12 PSI to tangle with his FRC. From the one post i saw with a pic of it, it looked BEASTLY

gotta watch out for those cocaine white frc's on the dope.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Teching In

ha ha i fell better. dont judge a book by it''s cover My tag says.. WHATLS1 if that makes you feel n e better?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 95blowncobra
ha ha i fell better. dont judge a book by it''s cover My tag says.. WHATLS1 if that makes you feel n e better?

Kinda the same way we felt when we walked the 615rwhp 03 Cobra(blue) that's liscense plate said LS1KILER in my cousins vette. ******' groovin.

...and WHATLS1?.....the one barking fire 4 lengths in front of you at the traps.

Yes...i'm a dirty ****/bastardwhore/son of a bitch/.....etc etc.

And no,...you can't judge a book by it's cover, for example, the VULCAN, who would have known it would be such a hit?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, i want to join the mustang killings.......Mustang, Transam, Camaros they all eventually get beat.......but give 5.0's credit. Those little cars along with the GN's opened the world up to Fuel injected hot rods. And remember that technology is severely outdated......I love my LS1 and hate the direction Ford is goin, but when the 5.0 was bein made in those little foxes, they were kickin the **** out of the F-bodies of the time........so just remember that Ive wiped the pavement with NUMEROUS cocky LS1 owners, but i know one will eventually get me in my old 5.SLOW.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kazfan30
Damn, i want to join the mustang killings.......Mustang, Transam, Camaros they all eventually get beat.......but give 5.0's credit. Those little cars along with the GN's opened the world up to Fuel injected hot rods. And remember that technology is severely outdated......I love my LS1 and hate the direction Ford is goin, but when the 5.0 was bein made in those little foxes, they were kickin the **** out of the F-bodies of the time........so just remember that Ive wiped the pavement with NUMEROUS cocky LS1 owners, but i know one will eventually get me in my old 5.SLOW.

Dude,..i've owned two mustangs. One fox,..the other was a cobra.

For what they were, and what they can be, i'll give them that.

Do you know how many mustangs i've smoked? lol.

I'm more then aware how fast they CAN be(very close FRIENDS go 8's in there mustangs, locally) but,...anything with the right amount of money, and traction will get you there.

I appreciate anything american, and rear drive.

There's always somebody badder
Old 03-10-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dude,..i've owned two mustangs. One fox,..the other was a cobra.

For what they were, and what they can be, i'll give them that.

Do you know how many mustangs i've smoked? lol.

I'm more then aware how fast they CAN be(very close FRIENDS go 8's in there mustangs, locally) but,...anything with the right amount of money, and traction will get you there.

I appreciate anything american, and rear drive.

There's always somebody badder

Thats cool im glad you do...its cool and i can say the same on how many LS1,LS2, and even LS7's i have killed, my mustang has been 8's and its been toned down alot so i can street drive it....my post was more aimed at the guys that get on here and glorify killing mild bolt-on 5.0 mustangs.......My whole point was that the wheels go full circle..I was around the days when the 5.0s were destroying the TPI 350's in the and 305's and now YEARS later GM has F-bodies that can walk mustangs all day. Not saying you, but some people just need to realize that LS1's are not invincable, and that 5.0's were kicking *** when alot of these guys where in Jr. high dreamin of a liscense. But no offense to anyone, just my opinion
Old 03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kazfan30
Thats cool im glad you do...its cool and i can say the same on how many LS1,LS2, and even LS7's i have killed, my mustang has been 8's and its been toned down alot so i can street drive it....my post was more aimed at the guys that get on here and glorify killing mild bolt-on 5.0 mustangs.......My whole point was that the wheels go full circle..I was around the days when the 5.0s were destroying the TPI 350's in the and 305's and now YEARS later GM has F-bodies that can walk mustangs all day. Not saying you, but some people just need to realize that LS1's are not invincable, and that 5.0's were kicking *** when alot of these guys where in Jr. high dreamin of a liscense. But no offense to anyone, just my opinion

Cool. I was humbled by the first SRT-4 that was on my door still at 160mph(side by side)....(i was on motor but still). Granted the neon made "478" to the ground.

Things aren't always what they seem, ya know.

...and the car is only as good as the guy,...or girl behind the wheel too.