Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

another rude eclipse driver...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another rude eclipse driver...

If anyone read my first post about my first handful of kills since buying my car (and I don't think many people did LOL ) I said in that one how I raced 2 rude people in Eclipses within the first couple months I had my Z... well I ran into another one today wtf... what is it with Eclipse drivers... I think it's the mentality of buying a car that the dealer sells to you trying to make you think it's fast because it has sporty styling so the buyer who knows NOTHING about cars drives it home and suddenly thinks he's the s**t...

Some 20- or maybe early 30- something guy in a silver 2000-2005 Eclipse GT coupe was on my a$$ tailgating me for a couple miles on a 2 lane commercial road on my way home from work today... the limit was 45 and I was doing 50 because that road has been CRAWLING with cops the last couple weeks... so Mr. Mitsu pulls up next to me and throws a few revs at me that were BARELY AUDIBLE since he had the STOCK exhaust and proceeds to cut into my lane a few inches in front of me... I drop back behind him as far as I can to let him know I have no interest in him... at the next stoplight he's first in line and I'm behind him and he pulls out hard and rips off out of sight ahead of me I don't see him for about 5 minutes... well when I get to the next light after that he's held up by traffic and I'm right behind him and we go to pull onto a 3 lane highway near my house, he cuts me off AGAIN at this point I'm pissed so I pull into the lane beside him as we get onto the highway, I'm trying to be gentle with my snow tires so I accelerated kind of conservatively, sadly even at 30-40% throttle I'm keeping up with him quite nicely... he guns it I see his car lurching hard he must have had an M5 and was shifting hard... so I go WOT MAN... I knew those things were slow but I didn't know they were THAT slow... I put about 10 cars on him in about 3 seconds it was THAT bad... I shut down at about 95 and he did a ricer flyby.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think the eclipse thing is because of the the Eclipse in fast and furious, so now every eclipse driver thinks its so fast. Funny that he did the infamous ricer flyby, it never fails.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Some people are just stupid. Yes they are that slow. I went with one in the 1/8th one time it trapped at I think 62 mph mine was 82 mph.
The 2000+ ones are non-turbo'd. But the older ones you might need to watch out for.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Those year Eclipses are turds. I still cant believe they had one in 2Fast 2Furious
that was racing and beating the Evos, Corvettes, and Mustangs..lol.. ohh that movie made me feel dumber after watching it.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

in my 1G eclipse owning days I always had an ******* in the new Eclipse try to run me.. I would stick it to them eveytime. My car wasn't lightly modded by any means.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:50 AM
mcG
TECH Resident

newer model eclipse owners think they are the $hit
Old 03-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Launching!

The only people who bought the 2000 and ups are complete douchebags.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NIevo
Those year Eclipses are turds. I still cant believe they had one in 2Fast 2Furious
that was racing and beating the Evos, Corvettes, and Mustangs..lol.. ohh that movie made me feel dumber after watching it.
Hahaha...
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know a guy with a newer eclipse, he knows his place at least, not a tool, but other than that, 100% with ya on the whole ricer thing, I remember last race i had agasint one was a 4th gen integra. It took me a while to stop his fly-by and pull on him though. I guess thats why Overdrive is Overdrive...