Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 kills worth talking about!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2 kills worth talking about!

Yesterday - I came uip beside a C6 and decided to see if the driver would want to play. I gave it the quick rev when I went by. To much of my surprise he did the same. We did a 20 mph punch. I spun, hooked and took him by a good 2 cars. Run # 2. was about the same. It just was not a match He rolled down his window asking what I had. He thought I said Headers. I had to tell the truth and explain, Heads, cam and a few more things. Always nice when I grey haired guy actually runs his car.

Today, I was just finishing up with my family at a Starbucks when I heard a car coming. Sounded like it was cam'd plus a couple other goodies. I look up to see a nice green, approximately 1998 mustang with great looking rims, Saleen style fin & slammed. The car looked & sounded great. I quickly got in my car and went forward for the temptation of another street race. I noticed the car had stickies and when I got up beside the guy, notices he had gauges. I'm thinking great! Maybe a good run. This guys rev's and of course, I rev'd back. We both hit it and it's about the same. He hooked, I spun but caurght him quick & passed. We ran again, I was in 2nd and then shifted down to 1st. Rapping the car out, we both hit it. I actually revv'd out then ****** to 2nd and then convincing won the race. He drove up beside looking down at the Firehawk sticker on the door. From the outside, my car looks entirely stock. No, I did not not have the race rims on the car on the street - just in case anyone wondered by the sig pic.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you had some fun! Wish I could say the same for the H-town area!!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Damn Jim you didnt tell me about the mustang. Thats awesome!!! I wish I could do that!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Resident

Sweet!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

GOOD KILL MAN--i've had good luck with the 2 C6's ive raced also
Old 03-15-2006, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanx ls1tech'rs. Can't say enough for HPE and the excellent products they produce. It's sooo much fun feeling the pull of a "somewhat serious" car.

sstony - glad to hear of your good luck with the 2 C6's.. I thought they were a little faster than they prove to be. Hehehehe.