Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Evo vs 03/04 Cobra...Highway run!!

Old 03-14-2006, 05:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 03 Evo vs 03/04 Cobra...Highway run!!

Well first off, i know there are gonna be flames so my flame suit is on. I actually thought if I should post this or not, but all the talk about Evo's being slow from a roll made me decide what the hell why not.

Im on my way to work and im merging on the freeway and as im looking in my mirror I see a red Mustang swing straight out to the fastlane. I was like cool someone to play with, then I notice the front bumper, i was like sweet its a Cobra. I've always wanted to run a Cobra (Ive driven 4-5 stock Cobras and they always felt slower than my Evo) Well he gets up on my *** so which is cool with me lets him get a good look at my license plate (8YOURV8) Anyways I downshift to 4th and floor it, he stays about 2-3 cars behind me the whole time until I shift to 5th. In 5th im at like 140 or so and he's starting to drop back a bit then at 150 even more he's like 3-4 cars back, I just stay on it, I look at my speedo and im at 165 and hes like 5-6 cars back so I start letting off. We slow down to about 75-80 and he sees an opening in the slow lane and goes for it, I floor it and stop his pull and we stay even, he had to get behind me. We come up on traffic so we both just cruise until we get another opening. Traffic clears and I get in the slow lane, he floor it to try and fly by me, I floor it and am looking in out my side window expecting to see him creep up and pass me and never see him, I take a quick look and he cant gain any on my up to 120-130 or so, so I let off and start to cruise again. Im getting ready to exit the freeway and he starts to pull up, so I roll down my window and wave, he nodded his head and gave me a thumbs up. It was maybe a total of 10-12 miles I started with 1/4 tank and by the time I was getting off the freeway my low gas light was on That thing sucks gas at full throttle. Anyways, it was cool to run a Cobra and a cool guy at that, it appeared to be bone stock (believe me I know how easily the respond to mods) Ive almost traded in my Evo a couple times on a Cobra.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:32 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good kill! You should drive one with a few mods b/c stock you are right....pretty weak. Awesome kill though.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Sounds like that was a lot of fun.... Good Kill
Old 03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Damn, that's the good stuff!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, Yeah I would love to drive a modded one, just havent had the opportunity to yet.

Search this Thread