Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Chalk up another Scooby STi

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Chalk up another Scooby STi

Was on my way back home last night and as I went to pull out from a side road this when nice looking Impreza went flying past hard on the throttle, it was a big winged late model STi (2005) with the high rise bonnet scoop. It looked good in the met blue (same as WRC cars) and gold wheels. Not sure of the mods but it certainly had an exhaust.

Anyhow as I see it fly by I hit the ASR off and knock the box down to D and give chase. It took a round-about or so to catch them but they where behind anohter car, although when we where side by side I could no longer hear is car (LM is not a subtle exhaust ) and then due to the road I ended up in front of them at the next round-about (they where in the other lane).

Didn't get to line up next to each other so had to go at it nose to tail in the end, anyhow I held it on a trailing throttle coming off of one round-about and floored it as soon as we where no longer turning. Kicked down to 1st and pulled pretty easy on them upto at least the shift for 3rd (so 100mph+). We did this 2 or 3 times more with the same result.

Didn't get to speak to them, but they didn't drive like a dick which was nice and just eventually pulled off somewhere.

Pretty chuffed with the result as I've been gaging to race an STi for ages. Still at the end of the day it was:

-American muscle 3
-Japanese Rally want-a-be 0

Old 03-14-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woohoo!