Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pulled on an 04 Cobra last night!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulled on an 04 Cobra last night!!!!!

Me and my buddy were on the way to Advanced to pick up some parts, i see this cobra coming up behind me quickly, then all of a sudden he blows by me and slams on the breaks for me to get by him. I get beside him and we decide to go from second gear at around 40-45. First run , i pull about a car on him and hold to about 130 and he lets out, says he missed 3rd, second run i let him jump it, and i pull on him again and keep pulling this time. Anywayz the guy gave me a thumbs up and turned off. It was probably the best run ive had yet, i feel like i did pretty damn good for just LT's, TD's, and a lid, considering he said he had full exhaust, pulley.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

I cant picture you winning this unless he is a bad driver. He was pullied and had exhaust and you pulled him even though you gave him the hit. Very nice driving on your part. Nice kill.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:04 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Whatever, you beat him...TWICE. Not a whole lot he can say if you beat him both times. Good job.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by joewee350
I cant picture you winning this unless he is a bad driver. He was pullied and had exhaust and you pulled him even though you gave him the hit. Very nice driving on your part. Nice kill.
I'm with you joewee350, read my post "How to kill a SVT Cobra". I have basically the same car and the SVT beat m,e by a car and a half......and I can drive!

This Cobra driver sucks or his car blew up one or the other......a Z w/ longtubes ain't going to beat a modded Cobra.

Sorry dude.....
Old 03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joewee350

Was thinking the same thing. But, like he said, nice driving,..good kill. Sounds like the Cobra guy probably used to own a vette. lol.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Let me get this straight, I think NO WAY this happened, and yet I post good job. You guys tell him NO WAY. Thats funny. Oh well, good kill if it actually happened!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Let me get this straight, I think NO WAY this happened, and yet I post good job. You guys tell him NO WAY. Thats funny. Oh well, good kill if it actually happened!
Jayplay.....I lost to the same kinda car.....and I drive basically the same kinda F body car with the same mods..........but I know that I can DRIVE......so....unless the hand of GOD pushed this Cobra back......ummmm.....I dunno.......miracle I guess.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

Laughing gas is for our cars pimpin'.....lol.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

i put some distance between me and this poor fellow....
Attached Thumbnails Pulled on an 04 Cobra last night!!!!!-pccobra.jpg   Pulled on an 04 Cobra last night!!!!!-pccobra2.jpg  
Old 03-15-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

I had the exact same type of run with an 03 over the summer before the LS6 and ported TB. We started from a 40 roll with both of us in 2nd, and it was a tie from there to the end of my 4th gear. Like you, we went twice. The Cobra had an fipk, Borla Stingers, and no cats, and he also had ~150lb passenger, and I had no passenger. That same Cobra had just put down 412rwhp the week before with 12k miles.

Had I not had a similar experience, I wouldn't have believed you either. I've been accused of having a freak car, but it has never put down freak numbers.

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Hmm, if I remember correctly, ya shift a Cobra to 3rd at 80, not 130.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
Jayplay.....I lost to the same kinda car.....and I drive basically the same kinda F body car with the same mods..........but I know that I can DRIVE......so....unless the hand of GOD pushed this Cobra back......ummmm.....I dunno.......miracle I guess.
Sounds about right, but who knows. Im sure it felt good to beat him...HOWEVER it happened.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anything can happen on the street, guys. Good kill.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Yeah it's pretty annoying when a race actually does happen that the responses are usually how you shou8ld have lost to this or that if the other car was faster.

Cobra's can be beaten especially with a bad driver. But who cares?

HE WON THIS RACE. Doesn't matter if he shouldn't have or how he could have. No need to fill up his thread with that crap.

Dan
Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Good driving on your part. I personally saw a pullied cobra, and minor mods put down 416 at the wheels on the dyno
Old 03-15-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Im guessing the Cobra guy couldnt drive, it isnt like i wooped his ***, if i would have slowed my shifting or anything, he would have had me, thats how close it was. Ill see him around again and next time ill have it on tape for you non-believers. All i have is LT's, TD's, and a lid and put down 349/374 after a bolt on tune. Any of you cobra boys dont think it can happen, bring your asses to NC and ill personally show you!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1nastyss; 03-15-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
Good driving on your part. I personally saw a pullied cobra, and minor mods put down 416 at the wheels on the dyno

That sucked. Mine put down 420 with just CAI and catback. Pullied and tuned it put down 476.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
Yeah it's pretty annoying when a race actually does happen that the responses are usually how you shou8ld have lost to this or that if the other car was faster.

Cobra's can be beaten especially with a bad driver. But who cares?

HE WON THIS RACE. Doesn't matter if he shouldn't have or how he could have. No need to fill up his thread with that crap.

Dan
The reason that even a real kill story is ruined here is because the majority of people on this site dont really do any racing, they are just benchracers. Thats why a perfect kill story always turns into just another famous benchracer thread. You post an unlikely kill and the benchracers jump in with "you should have lost" or "im callin BS". A person that actually races on the street sometimes knows that **** happens and the less powerful car can actually win sometimes, **** I got beat by a ****** srt4 in a quick sprint last week, I should have walked him but guess what I got a shitty launch and that was the end of the race. A few minutes later though I murdered a 05 stang. **** happens on the street, too bad the benchracers here dont realize that. They just like to quote numbers that they see on the net like its the word of god or something.
BTW, i didnt spray on that damn skittle last week, lol.

Last edited by brad8266; 03-15-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brad8266
The reason that even a real kill story is ruined here is because the majority of peoplen this site dont really do any racing, they are just benchracers. Thats why a perfect kill story always turns into just another famous benchracer thread. You post an unlikely kill and the benchraces jump in with "you should have lost" or "im callin BS". A person that actually races on the street sometimes knows that **** happens and the less powerful car can actually win sometimes, **** I got beat by a ****** srt4 in a quick sprint last week, I should have walked him but guess what I got a shitty launch and that was the end of the race. **** happens on the street, too bad the benchracers here dont realize that. They just like to quote numbers that they see on the net.
Well said and 100% true.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Funny thing is, when u blow an F-body (LS1) you normally get any where from 500+ with less than what you mustangs have done....