Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

T/A vs STi

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A vs STi

So I had gotten a call to come out the other night because some GI with an STi was out and about looking for a race. I went out last night to see what the deal with the car was...turns out it is 2005 STi and it has turbo back exhaust and a front mount. I no motor modifications on my car at all besides a set of lt's. I do however have traction! Anyways we head down to the local racing street and line the cars up....video to be posted at a later date....Also to mention my Tach doesn't work so I am going by the sound of the motor. I rev to where I think is just about right after warming up my tires. The hands are dropped and we are off. I got this guy off the line by about 2 cars in the first race and put cars on him from there totaling probably 4-5 cars by the end of the race...this is a conservative guess. The second race was much better because he said he launched it from 6K RPM and this time he was almost right with me through first. I was topping first and pulling slightly , hit second and pulled a good 2 cars...from there I couldn't tell this time how many cars I was ahead but you will see on the video that I wasn't losing . Anyways all in all when we got back his words were this " Hey we should go from a roll" ....Now I wanted to tell this guy ....if you can't take a rwd car off the line...chances are you can't get him from a roll, (unless your a highway raping supra).....thats your advantage of the 4 wheels spinning all at once.

Fun Night....Later tonight I am supposed to race some Civic Hatch with an H22A Turbo motor claiming 20K in the car. The car went 12.2 with the old motor....but this was at the track....Hopefully I can get out far enough outta the hole that I can stay out until the end.

VID ADDED: http://media.putfile.com/TA-vs-STi

Last edited by 94LS1Z; 03-16-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Teching In

VID ADDED:
http://media.putfile.com/TA-vs-STi
Old 03-17-2006, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice kills.....where's that road at that you raced on? I'm a KSU alum.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Nice kill. To bad putfile always locks up my browser (IE and Firefox) and I can't see the video.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

OH yeah, nice job!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Couldnt get the vid.

Nice work though by the sound of it!

The thing is with small displacement hi-boost cars, if the owner does not know what hes doing, the car will be slow no matter how much he spends on it. Its easy to make a frankenstein of parts that does not really perform.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome kill man, you ripped that STi a new one

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Couldnt get the vid.

Nice work though by the sound of it!

The thing is with small displacement hi-boost cars, if the owner does not know what hes doing, the car will be slow no matter how much he spends on it. Its easy to make a frankenstein of parts that does not really perform.
Why do you always have to come in with the ricer excuses?? 94LS1Z had the faster car and he killed the STi, enough said
Old 03-18-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

what the **** man... were you guys in the middle of a hurricane. nice kill man... wait to put an STI in its place
Old 03-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Awesome kill man, you ripped that STi a new one

Why do you always have to come in with the ricer excuses?? 94LS1Z had the faster car and he killed the STi, enough said

WTF are you smoking? I just said he has the faster car. I also said its easy to make a crappy low-displacement car if you dont know what your doing. Thats not an excuse, its an explanation on why stupid ricers even with mods are slower a lot of the time. In effect, exactly what you think in this case. Basicly we are actually in agreement. But you have to troll around and spread the pissing match you started with stupid statements. You got owned there. Get over it.

If you want to **** at me regarding your butthurt feelings, PM me. This is a decent thread. Stop hijacking. And STFU.

Read the sig
Old 03-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Good job... smashing Japcrap idols one car at a time.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Nice kill, but go shoot your cameraman
Old 03-18-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sparetire
WTF are you smoking? I just said he has the faster car. I also said its easy to make a crappy low-displacement car if you dont know what your doing. Thats not an excuse, its an explanation on why stupid ricers even with mods are slower a lot of the time. In effect, exactly what you think in this case. Basicly we are actually in agreement. But you have to troll around and spread the pissing match you started with stupid statements. You got owned there. Get over it.

If you want to **** at me regarding your butthurt feelings, PM me. This is a decent thread. Stop hijacking. And STFU.

Read the sig
No, intead of just saying he had the faster car, you blamed it on the fact that the driver of the STi was inexperienced.

The thing is with small displacement hi-boost cars, if the owner does not know what hes doing, the car will be slow no matter how much he spends on it.
^^^Thats what you said, you were implying that it was the drivers fault that he lost. Nobody got "owned" here, stop being an idiot.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Launching!

What is so hard about using the PM? Seriously. Stop hijacking the thread.

I did not imply ****. You want to read it that way, go ahead. I said what I said, if you want it put another way here it is: these guys who buy parts and think it automaticly makes them fast in small displacement engines are going nowhere fast. Is that comprehensible to your 4th grade reading level?

I balme the fact that the STi is slower on the fact that you cant just salp parts on them and expect to be beating LS1s. I also say that he ('Z) has the faster car becuase he has put in the work in a smart way. Just a clue, 94Zs did not come with LS1s. He did a swap. Hence the "Nice work" comment. Unlike you, this guy is working on his car with good results. And I think that deserves some credit. Unlike the Sti guy, he has spent money wisely, on the basis of a fast vehicle instead of just slapping on mods, which as said before does not make those cars fast.

So dont tell me what I think. Thats my opinion, its right there. It's really a shame I agree with you on this one, kinda scary. Hey even a broken clock will read the right time twice a day.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Teching In

To help clear up the misunderstanding ....the guys car was quick...I will give him that but it was not in the Camaro I beat him...it was in my 98 T/A I beat him. He launched it at 6 grand and hooked but I just hooked a little better and got out ahead and kept pulling. I agree you can throw money at a car and not make it any faster if you don't spend it wisely. He spent the moeny inthe right department though. He freed up his exhaust and that helps his turbo spool faster and make more use of his boost and he also put a fmic on which cools intake temp and makes more use of his turbo....both making him much more efficient. The problem was that ..... It wasn't enough to take an LS1 with traction. He could have easily taken a stock LS1 car or my 94LS1 car but my T/A doesn't have traction problems. Anyways about the cameraman ya I asked him what the hell was he thinking. Anyways thanks for the compliments guys.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWesome kill, shitty Vid, Be careful, would hate for a gust of wind to blow one of you guys away...