Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Funny Aim convo last night (you gotta read this)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Aim convo last night (you gotta read this)

Well unfortunately i deleted the actual conversation but ill give some background and the actual argument and you guys comment on it from there. Im not sure if this is the right forum or not but it involves street racing topic so if not a moderator can do what they wish with it.

Anyways i met this kid about 3 years ago through my best friend and this was back when i had my first third gen camaro Iroc Z (350tpi). He had a 91 formula (350tpi) and did a few mods here and there and always bragged about how quick his car was (actually ran 14.3 in the quarter im not to impressed). Well since then i have the z28 in the sig (3.42 gears, catback, lid). And in the coming months will have a 3200-3400 fuddle and longtubes installed. Now his formula has been apart for about .5-1 year and is getting an intake, heads, and cam job. From what i got out of the conversation its got a stealth ram intake, 3200 stall,a "big" cam, and World Sportman II heads(he says are good to 600hp ( ), and 3.73s. As soon as the cars together he wants to race. Now im not pig headed but i still think even from a dig my car vs. his im gonna take him (traction pending). But here is the funniest part he says he will give me a 15 car lead and still take me(claiming his 11 second car will belittle my 13 second car). THis is N/A no blower,turbo,nitrous. Well im gonan convince him if i go to race for money(not burning up my rubber for nothing) but my question is what planet is he living on? Or am i the ignorant one here and his setup is far superior.

One last thing to note, hes doing this on a stock 144k bottom end l98 iron block motor.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Launching!

he won't catch you 15 cars... to 100
Old 03-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Launching!

A 15 car lead? NO

I can see a totaly topend worked over L98 making more power than you sure, but 15 cars?

Have fun.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Banned

Don't worry man there are plenty of stupid people like this in my school don't argue if they're this retarded they aren't goint to see the right way since they are wrong and won't change it since they are bull headed..
Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

600hp......NO but i bet he's car will be pretty quick. He'll take you but from a 15 car lenght start....HELL NO.

Just race him, and hope his driving abiltly is equal to his intelligence.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Old Drag Racer

I would gladly accept the 15 car spot and bet a couple hundred just to make sure he's trying as hard as he can.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

No doubt he would be quick but i think my car could take him with full bolt ons and the 3400 stall even with his mods. Im not trying to make this a what if topic, more a this combo vs. this combo thread.

Stealthram is about = to a Ls1 intake
Worldsportman II heads 23* angle heads < stock ls1 heads
old tuning software < newer tuning software
iron < aluminum (weight)
older injection system < sfi injection
bigger cam w/ stall > stock cam w/ stall

i think the races will be good but i will take his money with the lead and hopefully race head to head to really see what a bolt-on ls1 can do.