Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Dodge Hemi Charger.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 09:40 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dodge Hemi Charger.

Well I was behind him at a red light, when he takes off, I had to play catch up but did to my surprise, as we come around the corner at 70 mph we both punch it and he gets the jump but I real him in and pass him, we come up to a red light and he asked what I had in the truck, told him 5.3 with a cam and bolt-ons, he had the superchips programmer and a hot girlfriend, well we take off slowly and I hear him punch it as I did right after him and by the end of first I was 1 truck lenght ahead and by the top of second 3-4 trucks ahead as he turns into his subdivision, very cool guy with a hot girlfriend, and both were very surprised lol.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:29 PM
v8

ok just found out there are two types of chargers this was the R/T hemi version so it wasn't as good as I thought Damn lol.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure it was just a regular hemi R/T and not and SRT8? A 12.5 is more that enough to beat a stock or near stock hemi R/T, they only run low 14s stock. Anyway good kill.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it was probably just an RT. 12.5 is still quicker than the SRT8 as well, but pulling a full car length in first gear when he gunned it first is a pretty big gap. I don't think he'd pull that kind of gap on an SRT8. Then again, it was on the street, and anything's possible on the street.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by v8
he had the superchips programmer and a hot girlfriend...

...very cool guy with a hot girlfriend.
His girlfriend wasn't "hot", was she?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:53 PM
v8

thanks.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Yeah these new chargers are dogs, I don't expect much less from a nearly 4400 lb car though (that's what mine weighed in at the track w/ driver). Heck the fastest SRT8 I know of is only running in the 11s and that's with a superchager. Average numbers for the R/T are like 14.2 stock and the SRTs are like 13.5 stock. Once the aftermarket grows some more though and we get some people getting out of their warranty () then we may start to get some quicker cars out there, that may still be some time away though.

Man I miss my Z!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

^^^Hey man, that's a clean *** car, you have nothing to be ashamed of. I guarantee that I would take your ride in a second. Best looking new American four door in my opinion (and yours is one of the nicest i've seen yet, love the color and stripes)
Old 07-17-2006, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Thanks rk. The reason I got it is exactly as you say "...Best looking new American four door...", which I needed due to the growing family. It's not really short on power...just a heavy @$$ car. It's fun either way though, and a helluva lot better than the corolla I was driving for a while there
Old 07-18-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99_1LE_Z
Yeah these new chargers are dogs, I don't expect much less from a nearly 4400 lb car though (that's what mine weighed in at the track w/ driver). Heck the fastest SRT8 I know of is only running in the 11s and that's with a superchager. Average numbers for the R/T are like 14.2 stock and the SRTs are like 13.5 stock. Once the aftermarket grows some more though and we get some people getting out of their warranty () then we may start to get some quicker cars out there, that may still be some time away though.

Man I miss my Z!
All they need is a stall and some gears with that programmer. They become very quick. All those parts are available now. Bu the warranty is the issue still.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
All they need is a stall and some gears with that programmer. They become very quick. All those parts are available now. Bu the warranty is the issue still.
I've seen a torque converter offered, but it's a baby stall and I'm not sure if any gear sets are being offered yet . The programmer (SuperChips) seems to provide good gains but I'm waiting for the Hemi version of LS1 edit to come out before changing too much stuff. Luckily the aftermarket is growing rather quickly for these cars. I'm also not sure yet what these independent rears can handle in terms of a launch yet. I bet we get some people breaking their stuff very soon, then we can see what needs to be beefed up. Patriot is working on some stage 2 heads right now, but we're running into an issue with cams at this point as anything over like .520 lift or something is really messing up the MDS system (<<< Nice and complicated). I think 10s are a long time coming though for these cars, especially the 5.7L.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Launching!

v8, nice kill. 99_1LE_Z, thats a very nice Charger you got there.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitedevil
v8, nice kill. 99_1LE_Z, thats a very nice Charger you got there.
I appreciate it!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen a torque converter offered, but it's a baby stall and I'm not sure if any gear sets are being offered yet . The programmer (SuperChips) seems to provide good gains but I'm waiting for the Hemi version of LS1 edit to come out before changing too much stuff. Luckily the aftermarket is growing rather quickly for these cars. I'm also not sure yet what these independent rears can handle in terms of a launch yet. I bet we get some people breaking their stuff very soon, then we can see what needs to be beefed up. Patriot is working on some stage 2 heads right now, but we're running into an issue with cams at this point as anything over like .520 lift or something is really messing up the MDS system (<<< Nice and complicated). I think 10s are a long time coming though for these cars, especially the 5.7L.
HPtuners on coming soon. They work with superchips. I thought yank came out with a new one now. You use to be able to purchase the parts for the upgrade from 5.7L to the 6.1L, but I heard dodge pulled the parts off the aftermarket. Damn them, they did it all the time. I owned a 2003 hemi truck. Miss it sometimes, but now I"m eyeing up the mega ram with a diesel.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
HPtuners on coming soon. They work with superchips. I thought yank came out with a new one now. You use to be able to purchase the parts for the upgrade from 5.7L to the 6.1L, but I heard dodge pulled the parts off the aftermarket. Damn them, they did it all the time. I owned a 2003 hemi truck. Miss it sometimes, but now I"m eyeing up the mega ram with a diesel.
Nothing wrong with a Cummins
Old 07-18-2006, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Its good i see i aint the only one still pushing da 305's.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Launching!

I had a Charger R/T for the weekend and tore up and down the coast in it. Love the looks, the interior's a bit sparse and spatious compared to my TA, but the space is why I borrowed it - plus I wanted to see what it had going.

Well, it just felt sluggish and was a bit dissapointing. Raced some guy in a brand new yellow Daytona Charger and didn't really give him much of a challenge from ~65mph. Seemed more even from ~90mph up to 120, where it either petered-out or the guy in the Daytona got bored and just started pulling.

Still love the look, especially that midnight blue you've got goin' there. Still on the fence, until I get some seat-time in one of those SRT8's.

Nice kill though, since it's always fun to pull on someone with their girlfriend (especially hot ones) in the car.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by v8
Well I was behind him at a red light, when he takes off, I had to play catch up but did to my surprise, as we come around the corner at 70 mph we both punch it and he gets the jump but I real him in and pass him, we come up to a red light and he asked what I had in the truck, told him 5.3 with a cam and bolt-ons, he had the superchips programmer and a hot girlfriend, well we take off slowly and I hear him punch it as I did right after him and by the end of first I was 1 truck lenght ahead and by the top of second 3-4 trucks ahead as he turns into his subdivision, very cool guy with a hot girlfriend, and both were very surprised lol.
Real nice #'s for a truck. nice kill.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks rk. The reason I got it is exactly as you say "...Best looking new American four door...", which I needed due to the growing family. It's not really short on power...just a heavy @$$ car. It's fun either way though, and a helluva lot better than the corolla I was driving for a while there
its all these damn crash test regulations weighing down new vehicles! bah! sports cars and muscle cars dont need all that, hell lighten them up, make em tin cans for all i care, i aint gonna crash and if i do il most likley be going so fast none of that would really matter anyways