Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My TA vs. AMG SLK55 Benz

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My TA vs. AMG SLK55 Benz

ON my way to work this morning, I ran across a middle-aged guy in a silver Mercedez-Benz AMG SLK55. Traffic was moving around 60-70 mph, and as I came up to him in the right lane on the freeway he hit the gas. My front bumper was about 10 feet from his rear bumper when I downshifted and took pursuit at about 75 mph. From 75 to about 100 he managed to put 3/4 of a carlength on me but I started reeling him in between 100-125 when we had to slow down due to traffic. I was only able to gain my lost ground back during that time. Shortly after resuming the posted speed, he passed me as he was getting off on his exit and gave me a thumbs-up, which I promptly returned. I had no idea what that car was capable of, or what it was packing under the hood, It just looked like a nice Benz convertible to me. After arriving at work, I researched it, and found this:

(From Motor Trend's website)
1/4 mile, sec @ mph12.8 @ 109.2
Curb weight, lb (MT) 3466
Max SAE net horsepower 355 @ 5750 rpm
Max SAE net torque, lb-ft 376 @ 4000 rpm
Displacement, ci/cc 331.9 / 5439
Engine type 90* V-8, alum block/heads

My Mods are in my sig, + 1000 watt stereo system with lots of sound deadening (probably 150-200 pounds)

I call it a decent death, I haven't had the oppurtunity to race a decent car until now. And the guy driving it was cool.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Those cars are'nt slow! anyway I think you could get him!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

most likely u would of pulled him up top. btw is ur car a manual or auto?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

It's a M6.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i raced the same car and right when we hit it he would go out a length then i would stop and slowly start reeling him in
Old 08-02-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a kid around here that has one. He drives it around floored at all times. like a douch bag. We call him "richie rich". But hey its cool if you have one and dont act like a tool. If you have one and drive it like a jerk you are weird.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Snootch
I call it a decent death, I haven't had the oppurtunity to race a decent car until now. And the guy driving it was cool.
Yeah, nice death, sounds like you really put up a fight. Watch out for those benzes, there's a McLaren-SLR prowling around Tampa, I saw it @ the International Mall a few weeks ago. Doubt he'd run it though...
Old 08-03-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice death. That car is sex.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 3liter6
Yeah, nice death, sounds like you really put up a fight. Watch out for those benzes, there's a McLaren-SLR prowling around Tampa, I saw it @ the International Mall a few weeks ago. Doubt he'd run it though...
Is it a silver color? I think I saw it on the crosstown heading east about a year ago. He was passing me slowly in the right hand lane, and I got on it a little (before mods) and he passed me quickly with what seemed little effort or noise on his part. I mean the thing just walked away from me pretty quickly.
Definately badass car. I also saw a yellow Diablo heading south on Bayshore, but he was too far away in traffic, and made a right before I could get to him.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lomaximumta
There is a kid around here that has one. He drives it around floored at all times. like a douch bag. We call him "richie rich". But hey its cool if you have one and dont act like a tool. If you have one and drive it like a jerk you are weird.
I know what you mean, there is a rich kid with a SLK55 always hot ******* around my neighborhood. So one day coming home from my mom's house from picking up my kids, I ran into this richie rich kid. He was hot ******* it and driving crazy as usual and I said to myself, I had enough of this kids Sh.t! I didn't want to race with the kids in the car, so I followed him home, since he lives nearby me. I immediately pulled behind him at his driveway and politely asked if he wanted to race, since it looks as if he drives like he has something to prove. Well this cocky kid replied, do you know how much horsepower I have? I answered, yes! Well to make a long story short, he backs out of the race, but I told him that if I see him out driving crazy again that I would go after him!

I apologize and don't mean steal this thread. I was just venting! And to the original poster, you had a valiant death!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SupraSonic
I know what you mean, there is a rich kid with a SLK55 always hot ******* around my neighborhood. So one day coming home from my mom's house from picking up my kids, I ran into this richie rich kid. He was hot ******* it and driving crazy as usual and I said to myself, I had enough of this kids Sh.t! I didn't want to race with the kids in the car, so I followed him home, since he lives nearby me. I immediately pulled behind him at his driveway and politely asked if he wanted to race, since it looks as if he drives like he has something to prove. Well this cocky kid replied, do you know how much horsepower I have? I answered, yes! Well to make a long story short, he backs out of the race, but I told him that if I see him out driving crazy again that I would go after him!

I apologize and don't mean steal this thread. I was just venting! And to the original poster, you had a valiant death!
Hey what part of Cali you from? Just curious because I think I've seen your car around.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry nice death if you would even call that a death. Good run non the less.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

b a d a s s supra u got dude. lets see more pics!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice death. that's the only mercedes i like...probably the only german car i like at that. they're nice cars. if i had money i'd buy one.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
nice death. that's the only mercedes i like...probably the only german car i like at that. they're nice cars. if i had money i'd buy one.
Yah the E55 sucks.

I like everything from MB. Make some great cars, I use to be more of a BMW fan until they made their entire line ugly as sin.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Hey what part of Cali you from? Just curious because I think I've seen your car around.
Ventura County.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ventura County.
There is a Supra in the Mira Mesa area that looks similar to yours, I believe the guys name is Manny.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
b a d a s s supra u got dude. lets see more pics!!!
Thanks! I don't have a lot of pics of the car yet, but here are a couple I took a few weeks back, after I washed the cars.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
There is a Supra in the Mira Mesa area that looks similar to yours, I believe the guys name is Manny.
I think someone else said in the supraforums that there was car similar to mine in San Diego, but I'm not to sure on his mods.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think someone else said in the supraforums that there was car similar to mine in San Diego, but I'm not to sure on his mods.
Man your car is beautiful. You have one of the nicest supras i've seen.

Quick Reply: My TA vs. AMG SLK55 Benz