Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

350z vs mustang gt vs z28 vids

Old 09-06-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RED04Z06
I dont know where 25psi went, but I have heard of a pretty nasty 91 Mustang Coupe with a 331/Twin Turbocharged making close to 1100rwhp in Houston that loves to race Supras from rolls. Pretty sure he wouldn't mind racing 25psi's MR2.

he's not going to respond no more because he'd been called out alredy
and knows he's all BS
Old 09-06-2006, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
No but they still claim that level of HP, as though there are

And I'll wager that many of these high HP turbo setups have probably never even run with that setup and always have it backed off for street use becuase it's too risky otherwise.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! And then the rice-a-jabronies think that every boosted import can run a bizillion whp, all day long, on pump gas and stock blocks!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NemeSS
he's not going to respond no more because he'd been called out alredy
and knows he's all BS

Dont have that much time to respond, real busy at work. But anyway, I've already ran several cars on this board with my mr2. One with a supercharged viper making 750rwhp, pulled me by 1 car to 160. And dozens of ls1, cobras, vettes etc.... People have seen my vids of my deuce running 11.2 at 131 with a 2.1 60ft time(street tires) at 27 psi of boost. I since have had larger injectors installed, more boost(33-34psi) and a more agressive tune.

I have a couple of Supras you can run on the freeway if you are down. I will put some money up whenever you are ready. Pm if you want me to set it up.

Why would I run another car that makes 400 more hp than me, thats stupid! I have no problem exepting a challenge from someone who has roughly 800 rwhp and under from a roll. Now when the 350z comes out in a month or two, I will gladely run anyone with 800+
Old 09-06-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
You do sound like someone who's just trying to convince others that your car is superior

If it's costing that much time effort and money with no apparant assurity of success why did you go with a 350z??? It's not a bad car by anymeans, but there are far better platforms out there with much greater potential.

BTW - what is that MR2 listed in your sig? Is it a Toyota MR2 turrbo?? If so how on Earth is it producing 700bhp from 2.0 litres and not requiring a re-build every 500 miles or so? Even the WRC rally cars couldn't acheive that.

For one the 3sgte is probably the strongest 4 cyl motor ever built, able to produce 700+hp on a stock block. The rods have been known to handle 800+ without any issues.

700hp is not alot of power these days, especially with 4 cylinder making in access of 1300hp running low 7 sec quarter mile times.

Besides the sr20 motor, the 3sgte is the most widely used 4cyl motor there is. It has been used in JGTC is supras, mr-s, IS300, etc...

http://www.suprastore.com/topsecsuport.html

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=3sgte

This is a thread polled on the best 4cyl produced. The 3sgte wasnt listed but should have, by all the responses given.

If you can make 5000hp dragster, I would assume you can make a 700hp 4 cyl.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Default jksstar

I will definately wait for you to let me know when you want to run. It might be closer than you think since im an auto. I have to work late this saturday so i won't really be able to go out either. Next week might be good im supposed to have surgery around that time but hopefully earlier in the week. Also the car may be going in to the shop next week to get the sail panel replaced as well. Either way shoot me a pm and we'll definately have to set up a time to run. Really interested to see how fast those 350's are.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wvutransam

Says the person who has all those mods and runs 13.4 A stock Jspec mr2 runs that. Purely pathetic. Hell my stock 350z trapped at 101mph.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ghostwhitez
I will definately wait for you to let me know when you want to run. It might be closer than you think since im an auto. I have to work late this saturday so i won't really be able to go out either. Next week might be good im supposed to have surgery around that time but hopefully earlier in the week. Also the car may be going in to the shop next week to get the sail panel replaced as well. Either way shoot me a pm and we'll definately have to set up a time to run. Really interested to see how fast those 350's are.
sounds good, I'll get up with you
Old 09-06-2006, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 25psi
Says the person who has all those mods and runs 13.4 A stock Jspec mr2 runs that. Purely pathetic. Hell my stock 350z trapped at 101mph.
I think that was done on a cutout and lid, hence the parenthesis. Thats not to sad of a time considering the 60'.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

For one the 3sgte is probably the strongest 4 cyl motor ever built, able to produce 700+hp on a stock block. The rods have been known to handle 800+ without any issues.

700hp is not alot of power these days, especially with 4 cylinder making in access of 1300hp running low 7 sec quarter mile times.

Besides the sr20 motor, the 3sgte is the most widely used 4cyl motor there is. It has been used in JGTC is supras, mr-s, IS300, etc...

http://www.suprastore.com/topsecsuport.html

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=3sgte

This is a thread polled on the best 4cyl produced. The 3sgte wasnt listed but should have, by all the responses given.

...I mean really?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry but this is total BS

You didn't manage to answer any of my questions.

1. Why a 350z

2. How do you run a 700bhp 2.0 litre and not rebuild it all the time? Or does it simply not make that HP for 99% of the time?

For one the 3sgte is probably the strongest 4 cyl motor ever built, able to produce 700+hp on a stock block.
Well you start by talking **** right here. Strongest block, what as in material, long block, short block what??? Stock internals on any Toyota 2.0 litre Turbo are no better than most of turbo applications, this would include the MR2 Turbo and the Celica GT4.

BTW - I think if you're champing on about strong blocks then the BMW 4 cylinder should be mentioned as ther road going block was used in their turbo Formula 1 engines in the late 70's early 80's. I beleive there where working on HP numbers exceeding 1000bhp. But it was a fully blown race engine using premium grade high octane race fuel and only needing to last a single race weekend.

The rods have been known to handle 800+ without any issues.
Where? Got any real life examples?

What are you on. Come on are you seriously trying to tell me a 1300bhp engine is reliable and street friendly. Also what type of fuel is it using, and whats it's expected run time. A whole season of dragging isn't going to count as far, 500miles maybe? Unless it's being driven to each race meet.

Big power from small engines is not anything new. Back in the mid 80's Formula 1 cars where making 1500bhp out of 1.5 litre V6's.

Since when have Supra's run 4 cylinder engines?

Any poll is biased, espcially when asking owners of particular models. Japan and Europe are probably master of the 4 cylinder. But since few of the European ones make it the USA then the opoinions are often miss-guided.

Look at any major motoring event, Formula 1, WRC, BTTC, ETC the Japanese engines very rarly win.

And if these engines are so great why don't they dominate FIA GT racing or Rally Cross events???

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing them at all. Because personally I think they are good engines. But I do believe there is so much surrounding them.

Yeah ok

Now you see this is where you are just sounding like a real pric. You are claiming that 700bhp is perfectly doable, reliable and streetable from a 2.0 litre and if it's doing all this on the street it must also be able to run on pump fuel not racing.

How many 5000bhp V8's do you see claiming this???

You also seem to forget, that many of these 5000bhp motors are 13 litres, so specific output and state of tune is much lower. They are also running on alchohol not petrol/gas. And are designed to hope to last the weekend although many don't. Infact these engines are so unstreetable that if you lift off the throttle its run over, as reapplying the throttle will cause the motor to hydroloc and blow - often in a fireball.

The DOHC technology deployed by modern engines (4, 6, 8 and 12 cylinder) IS superior to old style OHV motors. This is due to curtain area largly and a more stable valve train at high rpms. This means that specific outputs can be higher. 100bhp/litre is easy in n/a form for a DOHC, but OHV often ends up without any road mannors or needs some boost to achieve the same specific output.

However, these 4 cylinder engines do not defy physics.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Says the person who has all those mods and runs 13.4 A stock Jspec mr2 runs that.
A what.........

I assume Jspec means Japanese spec. Well Mr2 Turbo's are pretty common here in the UK all grey imports from Japan as they weren't sold here by Toyota (did they sell them in the US?).

If so, and your claiming a stock one will top a 13.4 1/4 you really are off your trolly. No way they only had 200 something HP and for a 2 seater a big fat and heavy. A mate used to have one, loads done to it and was fairly was but the engine blew within 6-8 months. He then bought a Evo FQ330 and was amazed how much faster it was even though it was stock.

EDIT: I believe the MR2 Turbo had about 220bhp stock, straight from Japan. http://www.btinternet.com/~netsurf/mr2t/

This one says 240bhp, but still.

Type 2S FHC
Designer
Number of doors 2
dimensions & weight
Wheelbase 2400 mm 94.5 in
Track front 1470 mm 57.9 in
rear 1450 mm 57.1 in
Length 4140 mm 163 in
Width 1700 mm 66.9 in
Height 1240 mm 48.8 in
Length:wheelbase ratio 1.73
Ground clearance 135 mm 5.3 in
Kerb weight
Weight distribution
(Front) 42.00 %
Fuel capacity 55
litres 12.1
UK Gal 14.5
US Gal
Go to more manufacturers or other Toyota models
aerodynamics
Drag coefficient 0.310
Frontal Area
Cx
engine
Code
Manufacturer Toyota
Type S-4
Wet sumped
DOHC
16 valves total
4 valves per cylinder
Main bearings 5
Construction
Bore × stroke 86.00mm × 86.00mm
3.39 in × 3.39 in
Bore/Stroke ratio 1
Displacement 1998 cc
(121.925 cu in)
Unitary capacity 499.5 cc/cylinder
Compression ratio
Fuel system Bo L-Jet fuel inj.
Aspiration Turbo
Compressor type 1 Garrett CT-20b turbocharger
Intercooler Y
Catalytic Converter Y
Max. output 244.3 PS (241.0 bhp) (179.7 kW)
@6000 rpm
Max. torque 304.0 Nm (224 lbft) (31 kgm)
@4000 rpm
Maximum rpm
Coolant Water
Specific output 120.6 bhp/litre
1.98 bhp/cu in
Specific torque 152.15 Nm/litre
And this site:http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Says 0-60mph in 6.2 seconds and 1/4 mile 14.8 seconds

Purely pathetic.
Talking to yourself again...

Hell my stock 350z trapped at 101mph.
That's great, but on a good dayy a 260bhp sn95 Mustang will do that. Hay my old XJS would trap those sort of speeds (a tad lower) but it was only a high 14 second car due to the gearing, so it proves bugger all.

Search this Thread