Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Yay first kill since my license was reinstated, but bad ending.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yay first kill since my license was reinstated, but bad ending.

Well, I wouldn't even mention this kill except that it was my first race in well over 6 months, and the outcome was terrible. Was against some guy, probably a little younger than me, maybe 19-20, in a big F-250 diesel. Yeah nothing spectacular, but he was asking for it when he jumped a little on the red. I just sat back, saw it turn green and then waited just to make sure he was going to punch it, which he did, so I followed suit. Only got up to maybe 45mph, by which point I'd already put a couple lengths on him, and then we hit traffic. Wouldn't have even bothered to race if I had known traffic was so close, but it was around a curve with a big hill so couldn't see anything until I was right up on it.
I quickly hopped in front of the F-250 into the left lane, because its faster to make a left at the next light when there is traffic to get to my house. Now this is one of the biggest intersections in my city, and to make matters worse, they are doing major construction all over, so half the lanes are closed. Of course, obeying Murphy's Law to the fullest extent, I'm waiting first in line at this intersection and that is when my car decides to die. . Mr F-250 is lodged right on my ***, and has to wait forever for all the cars to back up so he can get out. Now he's gonna go telling all his friends he made a Camaro race him and blew its engine out.
Ah well, think it is the fuel pump or the engine is flooding. Last couple times I've driven it, it won't start for a couple hours afterwards, but when I come back several hours later it fires up easily. Guess I'll just have to wait until next Friday for my appointment at a performance repair/tuning shop.

Search this Thread