Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

last night's journey

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last night's journey

Last night my friend came into town with his 393 foxbody vert and wanted to run. I had my ET streets on and he was on skinnies and slicks. His car went 11.8x at 118 with a slipping clutch. We went from a roll 5 times. 3 out of 5 he had me.

On the last run we went from a 10 roll and I had him all the way up to 120mph then red and blue lights were spotted about a 1/2 mile ahead of us when we were goin 120. Luckily he had someone pulled over and we slowed down to 50mph and drove by. We got home and no cops have came over. Our friends that were at my house heared our cars even though we were 4 miles away. My 4" mufflex and his dual 3" flowmasters are not quiet at all at full throttle.

I kept having issues getting into 4th, since I suck at driving, on the 3 runs that I lostand the lack of a shift ball since it broke on wednesday doesn't help either. It was fun finally getting to race him.

His car is about 3000 lbs and mine is probably 3600 lbs. His car has alot left in it and so does mine. I want a rematch in the spring. He has a spec stage 3 to put in and I will have a couple things changed up to.