Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ban bikes vs cars threads

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ban bikes vs cars threads

No matter what, there always seems to be a huge argument break out with stories where there is a car beating a bike. Most of us know that this is because of novice riders and it always gets a huge debate and pissing match started.

If it's a Harley or dinosaur sport bike, ok, it can happen. But the newer bikes, especially the liter bikes, are freaking FAST! You better be bringing some SERIOUS heat if you think you can run with one with an average-good rider. I'm just tired of seeing all this crap on here.

I think that we should add "No bikes vs cars" to the "No bench racing" rules in this section of Tech. I think it would really cut down on the BS.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
No matter what, there always seems to be a huge argument break out with stories where there is a car beating a bike. Most of us know that this is because of novice riders and it always gets a huge debate and pissing match started.

If it's a Harley or dinosaur sport bike, ok, it can happen. But the newer bikes, especially the liter bikes, are freaking FAST! You better be bringing some SERIOUS heat if you think you can run with one with an average-good rider. I'm just tired of seeing all this crap on here.

I think that we should add "No bikes vs cars" to the "No bench racing" rules in this section of Tech. I think it would really cut down on the BS.
i disagree, racing is as much the driver as the vehicle, if you beat a bike, thats awesome, let em post it. There are plenty of guys on here with cars fast enough to many bikes. some cars can outrun some crotch rockets, and beating a crotch rocket, (with a good driver) is the test of all tests if you ask me. Even without the best driver, still a good win
Old 09-12-2006, 02:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BriancWS6

You don't make any sense at all.

If you want this banned then logically you would have to ban every thread where a slower car beat a faster one, because that would be down to "novice drivers" loosing.

If you only want 100% equal vehicles to race then we might just as well bench race as it will always show the most powerful vehicle as the winner.

I mean DAMN!!!! If you do your upmost and beat a bike, while being the underdog then hell YES you should brag about it. Not that you have a faster vehicle but as a TEAM (man & machine) you where faster than the competition.

I'd much rather win a race against a superior vehicle and know it was largly due to my own driving skills that gave me the win, as opposed to picking on slower vehicles and winning just because I'd spent more $$$$$ than they had.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

Fella's, what the guy's talking about is these noobs coming in here with bolt-on 350-400whp cars talking about how they beat a new Gixxer or something.

I agree the driver/rider in a race plays just as much of a part as the car but the problem you run into is misinformation. You get Joe Blow that just registered and opens up a thread where he reads about a LS1 with bolt-ons supposedly "beating" a newer crotch rocket and the next thing you know we've got a bunch a noobs that think with a lid/cat-back they'll be putting buslengths on Busa's.

It's a matter of trying to keep the LS1 crowd in the know and informed/realistic. We don't want a bunch of noobs on the streets acting like ricers and "Reppin' fo' LS1tech.com biotches!" because that's were they got their info from.

All that aside, it'll never be inforced even if it was applied. Just like I see a million bench racing threads started by people on here that definately should know better, and there's been a sticky about that for I don't know how long.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
Fella's, what the guy's talking about is these noobs coming in here with bolt-on 350-400whp cars talking about how they beat a new Gixxer or something.

I agree the driver/rider in a race plays just as much of a part as the car but the problem you run into is misinformation. You get Joe Blow that just registered and opens up a thread where he reads about a LS1 with bolt-ons supposedly "beating" a newer crotch rocket and the next thing you know we've got a bunch a noobs that think with a lid/cat-back they'll be putting buslengths on Busa's.

It's a matter of trying to keep the LS1 crowd in the know and informed/realistic. We don't want a bunch of noobs on the streets acting like ricers and "Reppin' fo' LS1tech.com biotches!" because that's were they got their info from.

All that aside, it'll never be inforced even if it was applied. Just like I see a million bench racing threads started by people on here that definately should know better, and there's been a sticky about that for I don't know how long.

ding ding ding...thats exactly what I thought.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I think its a stupid thing to ask for and my old car in sig took down a crotch rocket.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well it is very much possible to take down a 600 on the interstate that really isnt too hard, it from a dig where they will get us. but after 100mph 600's are starting to give up where our ls1's are still pulling and thats how we win these races me myself outrunning one.