Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Remember this guy??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remember this guy??

Some of you will remember me posting about a "weak LS1 owner" in a WS6 M6 who hit the highway and wouldnt slow below 100MPH for a race. Someone suggested he may be worried about me doing a ricer fly-by. Well...we meet again. This time...its my lead...and I remember him..as I am sure he remembers me. We are both in a left turn lane onto a desolate stretch of highway. One car in front of me...light goes green..Im holding first slowly rounding into the lane witch is vacant for us...he is on my ***, he knows full well its on AGAIN. I nail it..give the shifter a couple clicks..I lose some dig in 2nd and it skips sideways..I hook and pull hard about 2 cars on him...he drifts to the now empty lane next to me probably assuming to slingshot past me with his "LS1 top end"...Wrong! I didnt pull away more, but he never regained any ground right up until 110+ when it was due time to let off. Now for the good part....I slow down until about 65..he slowed down faster...I thought he was turning off....Wrong! Here he comes..headlights jumping as he is bangin gears for the all to frequent ricer fly-by...carving in stone..that he was.. in fact..a "Weak LS1 Owner"....
Old 09-12-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

All it takes for a lt1 to beat an ls1 on the highway is a cold air intake, catback, and gears? I guess you learn something new everyday...

good kill
Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jpat1023
All it takes for a lt1 to beat an ls1 on the highway is a cold air intake, catback, and gears? I guess you learn something new everyday...

good kill
What you trying to say man? LOL...Well...at least to 110..THIS LS1 couldnt keep up. Whats so hard to believe about that? My bros 99 WS6 A4 w/ 3.73s and Borla Can BARELY walk away partway through 3rd. Keep in mind I have 4.10s. Quite a bit of gear. All I know is thats one LS1 under my belt that I REALLY wanted to take down.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Haha yea I remember that last post. Good kill. Guys like that are tools, it is to be expected if you're racing a Civic, but when two muscle cars go at it and they pull that crap it is pathetic.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Always nice to get payback...and its funny when they get pissed off.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice.