Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Black EVO vs 01 Z28 M6...

Old 09-14-2006, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Black EVO vs 01 Z28 M6...

I should be in cuffs right now...

I am on JDR (John Deere Road) in the Quad Cities rolling home from a Firefighter test I took in Moline. About a mile after I turned onto JDR I see a black evo sitting at the stoplight ahead of me. It had a big muffler and sounded pretty damn mean. We had traffic around us so I sat there thinking about how I was about to get my *** kicked if we ever got caught at one of these lights together. (My best track experience was 13.4 @ 104mph on a 2.1 60ft)... So we go thru a few more lights and cars are turning off...slowly I am getting up to the guy so when I finally did I gave him a thumbs up out the window. The car in front of him started to slow down to hit the middle turn lane and I cruised up ahead of him and moved over to the right lane.

Since this was one of the last turn offs into E. Moline almost all of the cars turned off JDR. I had 2 cars in front of me and nothing for a few miles ahead after that. SInce the left lane was clear I put it in 3rd (around 60mph) and moved over.. glancing in the mirror I noticed him move over at the same time and was matching my pull... naturally I was WOT a split second later...

I was focusing on the road so much I was unable to tell if he pulled up on me at all during the initial 3rd gear pull but when I went to 4th he didn't appear to have lost any ground... all the way thru 4th gear it appeared that he was sitting exactly where he started... before I realized it I was tapping the 150mph mark and decided enough was enough and let off tapping the brakes and then slowing down quickly. He noticed me on the brakes and I saw his front drop as he slowed with me.

I wasn't sure what I was really expecting..I knew from a stop he could have gotten me but from a roll I thought I had at least 1 or 2mph on him and should have pulled a decent amount during that timeframe. I stuck a big thumbs up out the window and he returned it. He then rolled up to me and I yelled over to him...
Me - "Are you stock?"
Him - "No... You're not either...Are you?"
Me - "Yeah...Why?"
He looked shocked... I don't even think shocked was the word...
Him - "No way..what's that run 12s?"
Me - "No my best was 13.4 @ 104mph..."
Him - "Me too stock...before the cams..."
Me - TOTALLY SHOCKED... what?

Just as the bombshell hit another one followed... I saw a Sherriffs car pulling up to the stop sign even with us. **** there was a sideroad following JDR and thats the only place I can think of that goes that way. Cop had to have seen the whole thing. I yelled over to him "COP!" and he just shook his head. We both pulled up to the next light and he got into the left turn lane. I yelled over again "Is that cop still back there?" and he turned and shook his head yes. ****. As I was sitting there the cop slowly rolled up next to my drivers side. The Evo caught a green turn arrow and went on his way with no incident. Son of a... I was leading.. Sometimes is pays to lose I guess.

The light turns green and I take off slow (in fact I had to skip shift!!)... The cop stayed back off about a half length behind my bumper. We get up to the next stoplight and I glance back. Younger looking cop.. not staring me down ... in fact she was just looking around at traffic. Could this be?? No way... Finally the light turned and took off again.. shortly after she cut in behind the car just behind me and I was getting extremely nervous. Just as I am kissing my *** goodbye I see her shoot down the exit ramp behind me with the flow of traffic. I was off the hook but had the shakes the entire way home.

The end.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill man.

Keep those cocky Evo drivers in their place

Of course now all the Evo guys on here are going to come in and call bullshit. So much for a "cammed evo", doesn't sound like it has **** to me, especially not at higher speeds where those AWD 4 bangers run out of steam quickly.

Let the excuses begin, the ricers will be here any time now...
Old 09-14-2006, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

I am currently looking for the owner (he lives in the quads so it won't be hard to spot him).. trust me as long as we both KNOW what happened people can call BS all they want.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Ricer here. The guy in the EVO should think about selling it if he couldnt pull you stock! :-)
Old 09-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Electric
Ricer here. The guy in the EVO should think about selling it if he couldnt pull you stock! :-)
Ever consider it might be the car and not the driver??

LS1's are much faster than Evos stock, especially at those speeds. Cams obviously helped him keep up, but he still couldn't win. Too bad, stop making excuses.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Just curious.. why do you think he could pull me stock??
Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Just curious.. why do you think he could pull me stock??
I think he meant that the Evo could't pull your stock car. Not as if the Evo was stock.

Either way though you obviously have the faster car
Old 09-14-2006, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Oh I gotcha...

I have no idea why the guy didn't catch up or even pass me with his mods.. moving at those speeds he would have dropped back badly with a missed shift so it just had to be the cool air tonight (I trapped 105/104mph on July 29th around noon.. 125 track temp and 93F air temp).
Old 09-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Ever consider it might be the car and not the driver??

LS1's are much faster than Evos stock, especially at those speeds. Cams obviously helped him keep up, but he still couldn't win. Too bad, stop making excuses.

Well its like any other car. A properly set up cammed EVO should run between 330-340awhp and usually trap around 110-115 depending on combination. Maybe this guy wasnt tuned or he couldnt drive? Who knows, who cares. Bottom line they were even and anything can happen on the street and thats not an excuse. Sh*t happens.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Electric
Well its like any other car. A properly set up cammed EVO should run between 330-340awhp and usually trap around 110-115 depending on combination. Maybe this guy wasnt tuned or he couldnt drive? Who knows, who cares. Bottom line they were even and anything can happen on the street and thats not an excuse. Sh*t happens.
Sounds like an overestimate to me. Going from 240WHP (VIII) to 330-340WHP and 102MPH trap speeds to 115MPH trap speeds with just cams?? Sounds like an large exaggeration to me...
Old 09-14-2006, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Guess we will find out after I talk to the guy
Old 09-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Sounds like an overestimate to me. Going from 240WHP (VIII) to 330-340WHP and 102MPH trap speeds to 115MPH trap speeds with just cams?? Sounds like an large exaggeration to me...
I said it depends on setup and supporting mods. Some guys trap 108 with JUST cams, some 115 that are 2005s with more bolt-ons. Theother bolt-ons like intercooler, manifold yada yada. Im not feeding you optimism here. Thats just what they do. I showed you what my car did with just full exhaust, cams, a lower pipe and a tune. 250awhp right ot 346awhp. Thats almost 100whp gain. However, I have a 2005 no an 03-04. But you knew that

S8, find out exactly what he has done!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Will do...honestly the only thing he mentioned was CAMs.. and I saw the muffler.. if a cams only Evo sees ~108mph then it all adds up.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Yeah and that 108+ is with tune only. Dropping in cams wont do much!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah if he just has cams and an exhaust then he has a weird mod path. Thats why Electric said that he should be trapping 110-115 with cams is because most people do TBE, boost controller, tune, and other basic bolt ons before cams. Who knows though, without knowing his exact mods I believe you beat him. Sounds like he was pretty cool about it though, hopefully you can catch up with him.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

That's cause your over here yapping off about something your clueless about. The stock turbo's in the evo still have a lot of power they can dish out just with a boost controller (or I guess they get the ecu's flashed? I'm a dsm'er at heart, lol). The motor's are known to handle around 500whp before you should really consider beefing up the bottom end, and there's even an 11 second stock turbo owner on this site. It doesn't take much to make em fast, aspecially since they already come with a fmic, i remember when the evo 9 came out all a shop did was tune the car, no mods what's so ever, just a tune and I believe they made around 290whp (they were trying to see how the new cam's on the evo 9's would react to a tune i think) correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Bottom line is stop yapping about something you have absolutely no clue about, it just make's you look dumb and give's false info to the rest of the viewer's.

Think of an idiot like yourself, but on the opposite side of the fence, owning an evo thinking that a cam doesn't add much power to an ls1 and the power figure's people are coming out with are overstatement's...get your fact's straight...ofcourse it sounds like an exageration to you, you have no clue on the matter beside's your deep hatred thinking that any and every 4 cylinder import is rice. Which is funny cause your the one always posting telling other's to "get a clue."
Old 09-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

my Evo 9,dyno'd on a mustang dyno,232 tq,and 257 hp,stock,I added a MBC and tune,final result in 97degree ambient was 280hp and 280tq,cost me 550.00,the boost is at 21.7 psi,and runs on 91 octane,so I could see cams making some more power,since most people add cams after a boost controller,exhaust,and tune,etc........not sure what that means to this thread but its funny to see people that hate the cars think they all dyno 240hp,and think people would just put in cams with no supporting mods,anyways flame on haters...
WOW look at all the ricers on this board,hahahahaha,
Old 09-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
That's cause your over here yapping off about something your clueless about. The stock turbo's in the evo still have a lot of power they can dish out just with a boost controller (or I guess they get the ecu's flashed? I'm a dsm'er at heart, lol). The motor's are known to handle around 500whp before you should really consider beefing up the bottom end, and there's even an 11 second stock turbo owner on this site. It doesn't take much to make em fast, aspecially since they already come with a fmic, i remember when the evo 9 came out all a shop did was tune the car, no mods what's so ever, just a tune and I believe they made around 290whp (they were trying to see how the new cam's on the evo 9's would react to a tune i think) correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Bottom line is stop yapping about something you have absolutely no clue about, it just make's you look dumb and give's false info to the rest of the viewer's.

Think of an idiot like yourself, but on the opposite side of the fence, owning an evo thinking that a cam doesn't add much power to an ls1 and the power figure's people are coming out with are overstatement's...get your fact's straight...ofcourse it sounds like an exageration to you, you have no clue on the matter beside's your deep hatred thinking that any and every 4 cylinder import is rice. Which is funny cause your the one always posting telling other's to "get a clue."
Every post I make, no matter how simple, you come in and starts flaming me for no reason. I stated that getting 100WHP from cams sounded like an exaggerations - which is was. You need full bolt ons, boost controller, and cams to even come close to making that much power over stock in an Evo.

And yes, 4 bangers sound like ****, get over it
Old 09-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Every post I make, no matter how simple, you come in and starts flaming me for no reason. I stated that getting 100WHP from cams sounded like an exaggerations - which is was. You need full bolt ons, boost controller, and cams to even come close to making that much power over stock in an Evo.

Well that depends on the model Evo. An older VIII and yes it takes most the bolt-ons+cams to get 100whp on pump. With the new IX it only takes minimal mods and no cams. Its not really that hard to do on either model though.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Actually no I just read that whole rsx thread, didn't respond at all to it while you were busy arguing with everyone else over there, I never clicked on it once till i saw the lock cause I know inside it take's a lot for an rsx to beat an ls1, so I wasn't interested in it. But you, who hate's import's and thinks they sound like ****, where all over that thread, and now it's locked. Where was I? I didn't make one post there yet I'm always on your *** you say?? Like everyone is saying if you don't like them, why even look at the thread, why even post to state over and over and over that 4 banger's sound like **** and you can't believe they can be fast. It's you that needs to get over it.

Now all that aside, if you wanna have an intelligent convesation, and actually learn something, then let's discuss. I am providing my knowledge on the subject, your just providing your hate for imports over and over again on every thread, and it's beyond abvious that your bandit with another name, I mean 2 different people saying the exact same thing's down to the "this isn't an import site, leave now, no one like's you here," are you kidding me?

By the way your the one that instigate's me and everyone to argue with you and get off subject, look at my other replies I've given props and respect where their due, this is an interesting section to read and see how car's compare on the streets, but look at your first reply here, you practically called everyone over trying to start ****, the very second post in this thread, what a waste.

Last edited by jimmy169; 09-16-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Search this Thread