Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My first Kill my 01 formula vs 03 350z STOCK/STOCK

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Kill my 01 formula vs 03 350z STOCK/STOCK

Well i have a buddy with a 350Z manual and he has said he has beat GTs/Z28s (LT1)/turbo Eclipse and such so i wanted to run him. This is my 2nd real race and my first kill btw mine is A4.... ok so we get on the road and stop and i tell him to honk (this way with him having a manual i figured he would have a bit of a advantage so he would know when to jump on it) 1.2.3 im gone.... i mean gone.... this is on 87 octane still btw (my full tank still hasnt ran out ) and im like he must not have jumped on it... so we stop again and i said lets try this again... 1.2.3 i hit it and jump on him a lil bit so im like wtf... so i let off the gas and im sittin here at like 3.5k-4k waitin for this guy to get going finally i see him start moving so i nail it and start spinning while we sit side by side (with his nose ahead cuz i waited like a gentleman ) i hit second and we repeats the 4-5-6 car lengths we stop at hardees and he now says he knew i was gonna win cuz i have a V8 did he forget the Z28 was V8 lol but all jokes aside the 350Z is a nice car and the dude is really cool i just wanted a Kill to post :p
Old 09-19-2006, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

compared to a ls1 there no comp. i killeed one with 4 people in my car when it was stock by 5 cars. congrats nice kill. also the gas, these cars call for at least 91 octane.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Awesome. Its always nice when being the gentleman still doesnt cost you a win

About fuel: Yep. All your doing is killing your timing by running 87 octane. Ironically, while you might save .10 a gallon, your mileage might actually go down by using low grade stuff. You would still save some money (at least initially) by using 87, but not much. Was the last guy using 87 in it?

If LS1 ECUs are like some others from the same time period, you might want to disconect the battery to reset the ECU. Some ECUs actually look at detonation over time and come up with a long term octane value. So your cars ECU might have learned not to advance the timing as far as it should since it is used to 87 ****. That can cost you power. Not that you needed it there